X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Klikmaus View Post

Thanks a million bruh! This is my first non-RTF as well as the most costly model I've ever had, been stressing out over getting everything set up correctly so I have the best chance of a sucessful maiden once my transmitter arrives. I wasn't too fond of the idea of having to remove the main wing to access the reciever either.

Merry Christmas to you and yours, as well as everyone else here on the forum!
    Best to you.
    If this is your first non-RTF using a programmable gyro RX, the biggest concern is how you set up the AS3X and SAFE. I'm sure all your previous RTF/BNF have the RX pre-programmed. Read up on what gains/priorities to use for your plane and how to test it all out before taking to the air, making sure the gyro responses are all in the correct direction and AS3X can be switched off via a switch. Many a maiden crashes have occurred when gains are too high and/or when "head gain" is used when it should not have been or when gyro response was reversed. Also understand what "fixed" gain and "variable" gain is and what it does.

Comment

• Thank you for the advice xviper, it is much appreciated. I've been sitting on this plane for almost 3 months now while gathering the gear up and been researching on how to set it up. Pretty sure I'll have it pretty dead-on once I take it out for the first time. Even then the first few battery runs will basically be test-jumps off the ground to confirm CG is correct and control surface deflection feels right.
      I most likely won't even test the SAFE function until after a few actual test flights and am comfortable flying the bird. This is my first non-RTF but not my first EDF nor my first A-10. I treated myself to the nitroplanes 50mm A-10 Christmas 2009. Bare-bones, no frills 4 channel that wasn't even a TRUE 4 channel. It was a no-rudder bank & yank model, the "rudder" channel just controlled the nose wheel. It was fun to fly but was extremely underpowered. I got maybe a few dozen flights out of it before my room mate's dog chewed it beyond repair. I was able to salvage the RX and one fan from the wreck and built a scratch-built airboat.
      this time around.... no dogs around to chew my toy airplane!

Comment

• Does anyone here have the profile settings for rhe Spektrum AS3X programming? I have the AR631 reciever and the DXE transmitter.

Comment

Does anyone here have the profile settings for rhe Spektrum AS3X programming? I have the AR631 reciever and the DXE transmitter.
          You haven't told us anything about what kinds of resources you have in your possession. 1st, the DXE has no "forward programming" capability, so you will need a means to program your AR631 (like an APP with a Bluetooth dongle) OR, you can go and retrieve the file for the Eflite 64mm A-10 and put it into your RX.

This at least, will give you the settings Eflite uses on their A-10, which should be fairly close to what yours will need. You can then adjust the numbers as it suits your plane and flying conditions. You will still need some way of talking to the RX and making those changes.

If the above is not suitable to you, then you have to find someone who has this plane and uses a SAFE select receiver. Since this is a Freewing PNP plane, it would be rare for someone to have gone the same route as you, but it's possible. I guess you'll just have to wait till someone like that sees this thread and responds to you.

Comment

• Xviper... That's mybad there, the DXe TX I got coming in is 2nd hand and has the bluetooth programming dongle included. I'll definately try the eflite settings, thank you!

Comment

Xviper... That's mybad there, the DXe TX I got coming in is 2nd hand and has the bluetooth programming dongle included. I'll definately try the eflite settings, thank you!
              Be very careful to test it all before flying. It's possible that control and gyro directions could be reversed.

Comment

• Most definately! The ax3x doesn't list the AR631 reciever, options are 6335/636, 7350, and 9350. Assuming I should select the 6335/636 option?

Comment

• Where exactly are you looking that you don't see the AR631? I don't know if you can select any of those others. I program my 631's manually via forward programming.

Comment

• In the wizard tab of the AS3X android app.

Comment

• In the wizard tab of the AS3X android app.

Comment

• Sorry for the multi-post, phone locked up on me

Comment

• I have that app in IOS. The list of RXs in that app is not up to date. You should see if there is an update. Try here: https://www.horizonhobby.com/on/dema...3X-SAFE-RX.pdf

Comment

• App on my phone os the most current android version, looks like I'm going to have to use my laptop for this.

From what I've researched so far though, the 631 and 637 are mostly the same , just the 637 has 2 antennas and long range telemetry... I'm not using telemetery for a good while yet.

Comment

App on my phone os the most current android version,
                              That's not what I meant. The APP may be the latest version but since most people use "forward programming" these days, they have not kept the list up to date and likely has abandoned that method of doing it.

Comment

• I emailed Horizon, found out the bluetooth dongle isn't compatible with my reciever but it IS compatible with my DXe transmitter.
                                Tomorrow is the big day... getting all servow wires rerouted under the battery tray, mounting the reciever, doing CG, then heading out to the local high school (huge parking lot for a runway and great flying spot) for maiden flight. Wind is going to be a bit rough, around 15 mph, got SAFE for takeoff & landing.
                                here's hoping for an uneventful maiden & not being a crash test!

Comment

• ^^ morbidly curious what happened here... not meaning to be negative, but my gut is telling me it didn't go as planned.

i fooled around and found out anything much over 3 minutes on a 3600 mah battery results in a premature landing.
                                  the nose literally broke off... it could easily be fixed with foam-tac or thick CA... i just have too many other planes i'd rather fly and don't have the desire.

get an L-39 Albatross and/or Avanti and/or T-33 Shooting Star - you will be much happier.

oh btw, i also used the AR631 mounted at the front of the battery tray with the bottom of the receiver to the side of the plane with the antenna running to the back.
                                  used the default 40/50/60 gains and priority. Ive never had any issues with the 630 or 631 receivers.
                                  the days of programming a AR636 via blue-tooth on a mobile device are long gone.
                                  _

Comment

• I just got ahold of the 64 mm A-10 it was not assembled with the flap option, I was trying to order all the parts to add flaps.
                                    they show out of stock on the control rod set. The flap rods w- z bend are 68 mm. If they are included in the original hardware I don’t have them because the guy didn’t save any spare parts because he didn’t want to add the servos to the order. Anyone have them not being used. ??
                                    thanks

Comment

• Where are you located? 68mm is just the rod not including the link?

Comment

• On the A-10 64mm, one of the reviewers said they upgraded the landing gear with FW T-5 shock absorbing struts, I think FW is freewing, but t-5, I have no clue. Does anybody no of a shock absorbing strut that will fit the 64mm A-10 ? Thanks

Comment

• FW has to be FreeWing. They have a T-45 and a F5. Could be the F5 as F and T are close on the keyboard.

Comment

Working...
                                          X