First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boots Whirlygig
    replied
    Originally posted by Hardway View Post
    Ace Hardware standard stuff.... Good paint really, I have painted over the white with the red and blue, and other combos... No wrinkling, runs, creeps, etc. So then the clear should have been compatible, right??
    You sure would’ve thought. Hey Rustoleum, what gives!?! Maybe too wet of a clear coat? Just don’t know. Shouldn’t have happened in my mind.

Leave a comment:

• Hardway
    replied
    Hey, but the canopy is moving along. Just have the little gray fuselage corners to do!!! :Cool::) (also, the 1600mm Spitfire is calling me.....:Sweating:)

Leave a comment:

• Hardway
    replied
    Ace Hardware standard stuff.... Good paint really, I have painted over the white with the red and blue, and other combos... No wrinkling, runs, creeps, etc. So then the clear should have been compatible, right??

Leave a comment:

• Hardway
    replied
    Give me a few minutes and I will post pics of the paint. They are rattle cans from Ace Hardware. I tested all of them on an old A-10 wing, Put it on really heavy (color coats) to check for gatoring, and then clear coated it with gloss and matte about 10m after the color had gassed off and started to get tacky... So the base coat being dry was not an issue. It had been on a couple of days from spraying the vertical stab to clear...

Leave a comment:

• Boots Whirlygig
    replied
    This is my #1 fear when contemplating a repaint, finding an incompatibility ON the project. Please tell us WHAT paint and clear coat you used. Maybe the color coat wasn’t dry? That really sucks.

Leave a comment:

• rifleman_btx
    replied
    Yeah that makes absolutely no sense at all...:Confused:

Leave a comment:

• Hardway
    replied
    Vertical stab is ordered..... Glad it was in stock!!! Going to mow the yard and smoke a cigar and contemplate the chemical incompatibility of paint and clear coat made by the same manufacturer!! :Thinking:

Leave a comment:

• rifleman_btx
    replied
    Awe damn...:(

Leave a comment:

• Hardway
    replied
    :saywha

Leave a comment:

• rifleman_btx
    replied
    Awe crap!!! That is a kick in the gut, damn sorry to hear that bro. :(

Leave a comment:

• Hardway
    replied
    Well, I just got a kick in the gut..... I tested all the paints I am using for the F-16C on an old A-10 wing, including the clear coats.... After I shot the white paint on the canopy, I decided to clear the vertical stab/rudder so I could apply the graphics... The clear wrinkled all my red, white and blue paint! :Scared::Angry::Crying: So........ I am ordering a new vertical stab from Motion and starting over, I guess.... I am not very motivated at the moment... Time for a few Coronas and lime. :Drinks::Drinks::Drinks:

Leave a comment:

• Hardway
    replied
    About to spray the white paint...

Leave a comment:

• rifleman_btx
    replied
    Looking forward to seeing the finished product!

Leave a comment:

• Hardway
    replied
    Thank you all. Sure makes me smile when my R/C brothers like the paint job!! :Cool: I am about to start masking the canopy and try to finish it up this weekend....

Leave a comment:

• Grossman56
    replied
    Looks SWEET Hardway!!!
    Can't wait to see it when your finished, great paint scheme!!

Grossman56

Leave a comment:

• MikeT
    replied
    Still in progress. Lots of masking, lots of waiting for paint to cure so more tape can go on.....
    :Whew:
    WOW.

Mike

Leave a comment:

• gooniac33
    replied
    Still in progress. Lots of masking, lots of waiting for paint to cure so more tape can go on.....
    Man that looks really good!!!!

Leave a comment:

• rifleman_btx
    replied
    Heck yeah

Leave a comment:

• Hardway
    replied
    Thank you guys!!!! It has been fun, but a lot of work!! LOL.. Not compared to sanding balsa and glassing and priming and then sanding and sanding and.... well, you know.... I am looking forward to it being done. And it does fly great. I flew my other F-16C twice. Maiden was awesome on Good Friday.... The next flight was great right up to the point when I lost an elevator and it bounced off the road at about 90 mph, skipped the barbed wire fence and ended up in the field. The 4000 battery ended up about 10 meters further forward!!! HA!!! Oh well, at least I found all the parts! It is a tough girl! :Cool:

Leave a comment:

• rifleman_btx
    replied
    One of the best F16 paint skemes ever! You got this one looking spot on brother!:Cool:

Leave a comment:

Working...
X