• Show
Clear All

• Prowler901
    replied
    Congrats! Beautiful flying as well. :Cool:

Leave a comment:

• urrl
    replied
    A bit windy for a maiden flight but I decided to risk it.

Leave a comment:

• Boots Whirlygig
    replied
    Looks and sounds great urrl. :Cool:

Leave a comment:

• Aros
    replied
    Looks sweet!

Leave a comment:

• urrl
    replied
    Some lighting, paint and sound mods I did. Too windy for a maiden.

Leave a comment:

• Hawk4me
    replied
    I commented on the video for you as well. I will go ahead and post my old 4s here as well. Try giving it a bit of roll out to start with then once you got the no bounce under control start working a bit more on the AOA. I'm still in the process of getting my 6S one just like you under better landings but I never bounce. The problem I've had with these things is getting them to slow down enough to not go crazy on you. I will usually start my approach turn and as the turn is almost complete I cut power and start letting it settle in. I find most of the time unless I have a good head wind you can land power off most of the time without to much trouble and it flares perfectly once it slows down without you having to do much. I got it harder cause I have to dodge light poles on the landing approach LOL. Your close though if you don't have it already do the upgraded main's as well they really help absorb the roughness you can get sometime's and keep bounce down. I gotta say though I wish the 6S sounded as good as the 4s version does. Maybe i'm just partial but it sounds better imo.

Leave a comment:

• Aros
    replied
    Not bad at all! Like Ryan said good throttle management and clean descent/glide slope is vital. If I had a dollar for every perfect landing I have had with a jet I could buy a really nice receiver. If I had a dollar for every landing that made me want to throw my radio on the ground I could buy the new 90mm F-4D Phantom PNP. Twice!

LOL

I have the HSD 105mm version of this jet and oh momma! Keeps you on your toes but the premise remains the same. F-16's love a bit nose high AoA on final approach but nothing is more important than good throttle management (to control descent rate) with gentle elevator inputs towards the flare phase. You're right there! Not bad at all!

Leave a comment:

• ryramZ
    replied
    Check out the nose up angle on the landings at the beginning and the end. Nose is up but not drastically. It's all about managing airspeed and a steady descent. One landing to the next may take different things to accomplish that. In my case I was slow enough I could stuff the stick without bringing my nose up too much and bleed her off. Like others said, your right there really close to perfect.i think your descent looked good but probably steepened near the end for two reasons. The higher nose bled off speed plus not enough throttle to push it through. It really wasn't that bad. Like others said shoot touch and gos it's a good way to learn flying it all the way.

Good times, great jet, your super close!

Leave a comment:

• fhhuber
    replied
    Everything SMOOTHER.
    I saw: Blip of extra power then nose pulled up like you're scared of the ground, plop.

Remove both of those and you'd have had it (and landed a bit long) From there its choosing where to touch down by controlling the descent while further out.

Soooo close to doing it the way you need to do it.

Leave a comment:

• Aros
    replied
    I sold mine a few months ago and now just look at me...

Leave a comment:

• JohnVH
    replied
    Originally posted by fhhuber View Post
    Smoother throttle and hold a steady elevator for a constant nose-up angle.

The sudden blip of throttle followed by chopping is MOST of what you did to cause the bounce.

Do a couple of flights where you just take-off, come around and do touch-n-goes. You'll be nailing it quickly.
    My other flights I didnt blip the throttle, and they were worse. My bounce is from hitting the fins on the bottom of the fuse onto the pavement from the nose being too high..

I do need to just do touch and go's, this thing definitely is tricky to land compared to everything else I have flown. Do you think I need to keep some constant power on? Im trying to land as short as possible, when I fly at my flying club, Ill need to land on only 200' of paved

Leave a comment:

• JohnVH
    replied
    Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
    Looks good John, I know it's easier said than done, but try pulling a little less back elevator and you'll nail it. I know its a lot to do with nerves, but if you feel you naturally go to that back position, use a lower rate while landing, that may help too.

Grossman56
    You mean less in the flare? Ill try landing on low rates next time. WX here is bad, itll be a couple weeks before I get anything flyable.

Leave a comment:

• fhhuber
    replied
    Smoother throttle and hold a steady elevator for a constant nose-up angle.

The sudden blip of throttle followed by chopping is MOST of what you did to cause the bounce.

Do a couple of flights where you just take-off, come around and do touch-n-goes. You'll be nailing it quickly.

Leave a comment:

• Grossman56
    replied
    Looks good John, I know it's easier said than done, but try pulling a little less back elevator and you'll nail it. I know its a lot to do with nerves, but if you feel you naturally go to that back position, use a lower rate while landing, that may help too.

Grossman56

Leave a comment:

• JohnVH
    replied

Flight 3, Gotta learn better landings!

Leave a comment:

• gooniac33
    replied
    Flew mine in a lil wind last weekend...

Leave a comment:

• GBLynden
    replied
    Thank you guys for your kind comments about the camera work. It was a pleasure to capture this fine jet on video for John!

Leave a comment:

• wricksta
    replied
    Thank you sir!

Leave a comment:

• Prowler901
    replied
    Nice video Wricksta! :Cool: Excellent soundtrack. :)

Leave a comment:

• JohnVH
    replied
    Originally posted by wricksta View Post
    Landings looked good bro. You using flaperons?
    Thanks. Just want to smooth them out. No flapperons.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X