First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boots Whirlygig
    replied
    Originally posted by kingneptune117 View Post

I am using 6S. I am also at 781 feet above sea level. Any thoughts on what takeoff roll would be? Thanks!
    Hey there kingneptune, Boots (Bob) here. She’ll get off the ground quick with the 4000 Admiral Pro, watch Pilot Ryan on the video:

Freewing 4S-Standard F-16 Falcon 70mm V2 EDF Jet - (Plug-N-Play) - PNP - FJ21113P The F-16C “Fighting Falcon” is a single-engine multirole fighter aircraft originally developed for the United States Air Force (USAF). Designed as an air superiority day fighter, the aircraft evolved into a successful all-weather multirol

The 4S gets up just as quick with a 3700 Roaring Top 45C. In the video from NEFI 2017 Pilot Ryan doesn’t advance the throttle till he is well clear of the flight line on this maiden flight. The narrow main gear can make it tricky so make sure she tracks straight!;)

Leave a comment:

• kingneptune117
    replied
    Originally posted by Prowler901 View Post
    Are you going 4S or 6S? Also, takeoff roll will be affected by your locations altitude.
    I am using 6S. I am also at 781 feet above sea level. Any thoughts on what takeoff roll would be? Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Prowler901
    replied
    Are you going 4S or 6S? Also, takeoff roll will be affected by your locations altitude.

Leave a comment:

• kingneptune117
    replied
    Originally posted by Apache Jets View Post
    I am speechless !! If you get it trimmed and dialed in its one of the best flying 70mm edf jets you will ever own...
    Could you (or anyone else) give me an estimated takeoff distance assuming full throttle? There is an empty parking lot at my field that is fairly long, but I want to make sure it is long enough. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Apache Jets
    replied
    I am speechless !! If you get it trimmed and dialed in its one of the best flying 70mm edf jets you will ever own...

Leave a comment:

• kingneptune117
    replied
    Hey all,

I will try and keep this as short as possible. I just got a brand new Freewing 70mm F-16 (the arctic camo one). Build went fine. I made sure all control surfaces were centered and moving correctly.

I took it out to my local field. The only concrete strip long enough was in the direction perpendicular to the wind (cross wind), so I decided instead of doing a normal rolling takeoff to hand launch it into the wind.

I hand launch it. I notice it immediately banks right. I quickly correct and climb out. I REALLY had to apply right trim in order to get it to fly level. Any idea what caused this?

Anyways, I come in to land. I am all lined up with the area of grass I want to land in - looking good. My car is directly in the landing path. I figured i was far enough to the side of the car. I was wrong. My brand new F-16 smashed into the back of my car. It smashed to pieces, the front half of the plane is obliterated.

I was fuming angry. I was angry that I made such a stupid mistake. I should have just done a go around and landed further from my car but it honestly looked like the plane was far enough to the side of my car it was going to clear it.

I just ordered another with overnight shipping. Was this financially stupid? Yes. But I want to do this right.

Can someone help me figure out a few things.

First - what could be some reasons my plane kept banking right?

Second - was it smart of me to hand launch it instead of normal takeoff? I have bad memories of doing a normal takeoff with my last plane, ever since then I have only ever hand launched.

Thanks for your time

Leave a comment:

• wricksta
    replied
    Thanks Prowler! The f-16 and F-86 fly very different, but I love them both.

Leave a comment:

• Prowler901
    replied
    Congrats on the maiden! Nice lineup of planes there!:Cool:

Leave a comment:

• wricksta
    replied
    My uncle and I had the airfield to ourselves this past Saturday. Got to finally maiden my Arctic Camo this weekend. Very happy with her. Also maiden’d my FW F-86, such a smooth plane! Unfortunately, the sd card in my fatsharks was corrupt so I didn’t get any videos.

Leave a comment:

• gooniac33
    replied
    CRAZY flying this past weekend...

Leave a comment:

• Prowler901
    replied
    Nice Wricksta! Hope you get to get them up in the air this weekend. :Cool:

210foo, that is a RunCam Micro Sparrow. I'm running it with an Immersion RC video TX, and a Foxtech Breeze OSD. There's also an onboard DVR from HK. The canopy is surprisingly clear, and even the slight tinting is not noticeable. :)

Leave a comment:

• wricksta
    replied
    Didn’t get to maiden on Sunday. Hopefully I’ll get a chance on Saturday.

Leave a comment:

• 210foo
    replied
    Originally posted by Prowler901 View Post
    Awesome flying, John. Looks like you've gotten her figured out. Those landings were real nice.

My own F-16 is progressing. I managed to "stuff" all the wires in. :Silly: So I was able to do a full up test tonight. All the flight surfaces are working with the A3S3 gyro. And, I've got her balanced at 3.5" with an Admiral 4000 all the way aft. AUW is sitting at 3.5 lbs empty. She's a bit heavier (4.8 oz) due to the FPV gear in the cockpit area. That's why I had to move the RX and Gyro aft. I can now glue in the tail surfaces. And, fix up the hatch that covers the gyro and RX. Then it's taxi testing and waiting for good weather to shoot for the sky. Gonna be excitin'! :Scared:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Wires_01.jpg
Views:	636
Size:	126.2 KB
ID:	121103Click image for larger version

Name:	F-16_01.JPG
Views:	598
Size:	141.2 KB
ID:	121104Click image for larger version

Name:	F-16_02.JPG
Views:	557
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	121105Click image for larger version

Name:	F-16_03.JPG
Views:	589
Size:	104.8 KB
ID:	121106
    hey prowler, what camera setup is that? I've been wanting to do the exact same thing to my 70mm f16 lol

Leave a comment:

• wricksta
    replied
    Very nice prowler!!!I brought Acrtic Camo to maiden this weekend but we had 18-20mph winds at the airfield so I decided against putting her up. Did get some good pics of me and my uncle's arctic camo.

Leave a comment:

• Prowler901
    replied
    Awesome flying, John. Looks like you've gotten her figured out. Those landings were real nice.

My own F-16 is progressing. I managed to "stuff" all the wires in. :Silly: So I was able to do a full up test tonight. All the flight surfaces are working with the A3S3 gyro. And, I've got her balanced at 3.5" with an Admiral 4000 all the way aft. AUW is sitting at 3.5 lbs empty. She's a bit heavier (4.8 oz) due to the FPV gear in the cockpit area. That's why I had to move the RX and Gyro aft. I can now glue in the tail surfaces. And, fix up the hatch that covers the gyro and RX. Then it's taxi testing and waiting for good weather to shoot for the sky. Gonna be excitin'! :Scared:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Wires_01.jpg
Views:	636
Size:	126.2 KB
ID:	121103Click image for larger version

Name:	F-16_01.JPG
Views:	598
Size:	141.2 KB
ID:	121104Click image for larger version

Name:	F-16_02.JPG
Views:	557
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	121105Click image for larger version

Name:	F-16_03.JPG
Views:	589
Size:	104.8 KB
ID:	121106

Leave a comment:

• JohnVH
    replied
    My goal was to work on landings, but ended up just having fun, couldnt help it! I do need to buy more batteries, whats the biggest people are using? And what flight time?

Get one here and Motion RC: https://goo.gl/meKz2aFollow on Facebook: https://goo.gl/Ub3Y55Batteries I use: https://goo.gl/58PeiW4th and 5th flights, tried l...

Leave a comment:

• xviper
    replied
    Originally posted by RC Oldy View Post
    what gain settings are you using on the gyro
    Are you referring to urrl's maiden flight video? What leads you to believe he's using a gyro? Was it mentioned in the video? :Confused:

Leave a comment:

• RC Oldy
    replied
    what gain settings are you using on the gyro

Leave a comment:

• Aros
    replied
    Nice flight and greaser! Isn't she fun??

Leave a comment:

• Apache Jets
    replied
    What position and strobe lights did you use...look great..

Leave a comment:

Working...
X