Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dahawk
    replied
    I too am surprised they didn't go flying stab on this plane. Have the 64 F/A-18 and it's a very simple design. The other thing I'm not crazy about are the small intakes. Not much air getting through to the fan. Constricted.

Leave a comment:

• poochies
    replied
    Thanks I have plenty of great flying planes, it's purely aesthetic reason for me to have the full flying stabs, if they can put it on the 64mm hornets it shouldn't be hard on this.... great flying btw !

Leave a comment:

• gooniac33
    replied
    Originally posted by poochies View Post
    Uggh almost pulled the trigger on this one but noticed the non -full flying stabs... come on Freewing, why go cheap on us... same reason I passed on the Fishbed..too bad seems to fly great. And they added full stabs on the new 64mm F-18's ... they confuse me...
    I think its too small of a plane to do that. And it flies amazing!! I didn't post my videos from last weekend so here take a look... tell me if it needs full flying stabs after seeing this...

Leave a comment:

• poochies
    replied
    Uggh almost pulled the trigger on this one but noticed the non -full flying stabs... come on Freewing, why go cheap on us... same reason I passed on the Fishbed..too bad seems to fly great. And they added full stabs on the new 64mm F-18's ... they confuse me...

Leave a comment:

• Twowingtj
    replied
    Have had this 6S version with upgrade gear since last Feb. Had not done the maiden. I fly from a grass field and with all the rain we've had, the grass was still quite thick. I've been flying the pants off the FW 80mm Avanti S and 80mm FW A-10. So I decided today was the day. Took a few Admiral Pro 4000 packs out, did all he checks and put her on the runway. The grass was cut yesterday and was stiil just taller than the nose wheel.

Full throttle and she tracked straight. After about 50 yards, she finally cleared the turf. Gear up and two clicks of up and she was cruising. A boat load of fun with no bad habbits. After 3:00, dropped the gear and set-up for landing. Set throttle to about 10% with around 10 deg nose high and she settled in nicely on the mains. My biggest concern was that the small wheels and gear would not handle the thick turf. It was a non-issue. The upgrade gear did exactly what it was supposed to do. I'm pretty certain that the stock gear would have really stressed things as the field is a bit bumpy too. Very happy!

Loaded in a fresh battery and decided to try the bit of flapperon out that I'd programmed in earlier. Lined up and went full throttle. She was off in half the distance. A great flying little jet. Scoots along nicely and looks great in the air. No need for flaperons on landings. Just keep the nose up and let her settle.

All four of my current EDF's are Freewing. The 64mm HP Stinger(12 blade), the FW 70MM F-16 V2, the FW 80mm Avanti S, and the FW 80mm A-10. There's not a bad one in the bunch. I've seen many other brands try to fly at our field and all were unimpressive and not up to the task. In recent months more Freewings are showing up and so are the smiles to go with it. Great job Freewing and MRC!

Leave a comment:

• gooniac33
    replied
    Check out my flights from this last weekend. I was putting on shows with it every flight!!

Leave a comment:

• Alpha10
    replied
    Originally posted by Felixs10 View Post

How far back are you putting your 3300's ?
    Not far at all... My 510g TP 3300s we just flush with the back of the canopy edge, but I had a slightly lighter power system in mine so that could vary a bit.

Leave a comment:

• Felixs10
    replied
    Originally posted by Alpha10 View Post

Yeah, it could use a little more aft CG I'd bet... However, the F-16 has always had a pretty wicked turn in without quite a bit of opposite rudder in the turns (The most aggressive I've seen IME)

A nose heavy CG would definitely make it worse along with a higher wing loading.

But keeping this plane as light as possible definitely makes a big difference in it's flight character.

I went back down to 3700mAh and it's much better than my 5000 setup IMHO.

After tying multiple setups... I'd honestly recommend staying with the stock 2300 setup with a good 3300 mAh pack. Can't beat it for the money!
    How far back are you putting your 3300's ?

Leave a comment:

• Alpha10
    replied

Thanks Gooniac ! I'm going to try going moving the battery back . I do have a severely noticeable drop that needs tons of opposite rudder to correct. I was wondering if I should play with the C/G . I will move the battery back in 1/4 increments and see what happens .
    Yeah, it could use a little more aft CG I'd bet... However, the F-16 has always had a pretty wicked turn in without quite a bit of opposite rudder in the turns (The most aggressive I've seen IME)

A nose heavy CG would definitely make it worse along with a higher wing loading.

But keeping this plane as light as possible definitely makes a big difference in it's flight character.

I went back down to 3700mAh and it's much better than my 5000 setup IMHO.

After tying multiple setups... I'd honestly recommend staying with the stock 2300 setup with a good 3300 mAh pack. Can't beat it for the money!

Leave a comment:

• Felixs10
    replied
    Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post

My batteries are almost all the way back. Just the very front is being held by the strap. And that goes for any pack that I use in the plane. 4000, 4500, 5000 or 5800. All in the same place.
    Thanks Again .. My 4500's are about mid- 3/4 of the way back . But to be fair I have brakes on this one which brings the C/G back anyway . We fly off a 250' runway and without brakes it needs just about all of it to stop .. I will move the LIPO back this Sat..

Leave a comment:

• gooniac33
    replied

Thanks Gooniac ! I'm going to try going moving the battery back . I do have a severely noticeable drop that needs tons of opposite rudder to correct. I was wondering if I should play with the C/G . I will move the battery back in 1/4 increments and see what happens .
    My batteries are almost all the way back. Just the very front is being held by the strap. And that goes for any pack that I use in the plane. 4000, 4500, 5000 or 5800. All in the same place.

Leave a comment:

• Felixs10
    replied
    Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post
    You are possibly flying nose heavy. You want the nose to drop a little bit but not just plunge down to the ground at anything beyond 45 degrees. I use a huge 6s 35c 5800mah pack and the plane doesn't dive like crazy when banked.

Leave a comment:

• dkalwishky
    replied

You need to use opposite rudder to keep altitude... 101 flying bud.

Bank and yank doesn't cut it.
    Opposite rudder? Can you explain the why behind that?

Leave a comment:

• gooniac33
    replied
    Quick question, is it just me or does this plane loose lots of altitude while in a bank turning ? I'm c/ged correctly and the glide slope is incredible , just can't make a turn without losing LOTS of altitude. Anyone else having this problem ?
    You are possibly flying nose heavy. You want the nose to drop a little bit but not just plunge down to the ground at anything beyond 45 degrees. I use a huge 6s 35c 5800mah pack and the plane doesn't dive like crazy when banked.

Leave a comment:

• Felixs10
    replied

Thanks Alpha , I get it .. I have been flying for many years and I do use opposite rudder in turns , I guess I wasn't clear in my original post on just how much effort the V2 -F16 needs to make coordinated turns. I wouldn't expect it so much from this model , the star fighter yes , this one no . I was wondering if I missed something .

Leave a comment:

• Alpha10
    replied
    Quick question, is it just me or does this plane loose lots of altitude while in a bank turning ? I'm c/ged correctly and the glide slope is incredible , just can't make a turn without losing LOTS of altitude. Anyone else having this problem ?

Leave a comment:

• Felixs10
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Aros
    replied
    Excellent work! Very sharp, well done!

Leave a comment:

• Prowler901
    replied
    That's a beautiful job! :Cool: I'd like to get one of these someday.

Leave a comment:

• runway14left
    replied
    So I have my new F-16 assembled, painted and pretty much ready to go. Just a couple finishing touches. Hoping to maiden it Sunday.

I don't think it shows up in the picture, but the pilot's name is actually a friend of mine that just retired from Lockheed Martin.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X