First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gooniac33
    replied
    Originally posted by dahawk View Post
    Sure do wish the Arctic camo version was available. Slick. I now have just about everything in place: strut mod package, weapons, Lemon Pro stab combo, wireless lights, 2200kv 14blade with 125 amp esc from edfhobbies. Now all I need to do is order the Arf+ and I'll be in high cotton. LOL
    I am actually thinking of painting mine the blue color....
    Click image for larger version

Name:	F-16-Aggressor-Nellis-AFB.jpg
Views:	380
Size:	163.6 KB
ID:	78880

Leave a comment:

• dahawk
    replied
    Sure do wish the Arctic camo version was available. Slick. I now have just about everything in place: strut mod package, weapons, Lemon Pro stab combo, wireless lights, 2200kv 14blade with 125 amp esc from edfhobbies. Now all I need to do is order the Arf+ and I'll be in high cotton. LOL

Leave a comment:

• Bluedog
    replied
    Originally posted by RPC View Post
    Hi....Based I'm what I'm reading, it looks like you guys really like the V2 F-16. I'm an experienced prop warbird flyer and I'm now considering the V2 F-16 for my first EDF.

Can I please get your advice on the choosing between the 4s or 6s version. Although airframe & battery price is a consideration, I'm not as much interested in blazing speed as I am in overall "friendly" scale flight performance. i.e.

1. Does the lighter weight of the 4s pack significantly reduce flight times?

2. Does it allow for shorter take offs and slower landings.?

Or should I consider another scale jet for my first EDF........F-86?

Thanks....RPC....
    The first EDF I got was the Stinger 64. Belly lands nicely and can give good practice for flaring with EDFs from my experience. I'm using it to practice before I maiden my F-16. I transitioned straight from an E-Flite Apprentice to the Stinger 64 with no problem. Others have said it's not floaty enough to have as a first EDF but my experience with it has been great. Durable construction and easy to assemble. Just my thoughts, but I'm not the most knowledgeable person on the subject.

Leave a comment:

• Aros
    replied
    Great shots! Love the armament, I may need to spring for those!

Leave a comment:

• Bajora
    replied
    Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
    I am still enjoying this jet more than any other in my fleet at the moment. Just a treat from takeoff to touchdown.
    I would agree with you Todd ... currently my "warm-up" jet when having an EDF outing!

Leave a comment:

• dahawk
    replied
    Thank you. I saw hawk driver using a Dr Mad thrust version and others using the rclander. I have the rclander set up in the Mig-21.

Leave a comment:

• vduniec
    replied
    Here's a link of how I did mine. Scroll down a bit and you'll see it. This is for the 6S version.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...read-build-log

Originally posted by dahawk View Post

Is that a 70mm AB or 64mm AB? I noticed the 64mm's are generally only good for 4S setups

Leave a comment:

• dahawk
    replied
    Originally posted by \o/woohoo View Post
    here you go guys got some afterburner action and a near loss too hehe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsEe4Q8CWP8
    Is that a 70mm AB or 64mm AB? I noticed the 64mm's are generally only good for 4S setups

Leave a comment:

• dahawk
    replied
    More gathering of parts. Bought a Lemon 7channel Pro Stabilizer to try. For the most part, I've had pretty good luck with Lemons but have had a few die on me. Getting a 14B combo next week from Elmer at edfhobbies. Same setup I have in the Yak-130. Outstanding thrust - ~ 7# Next I want to get an afterburner. Have one in my Mig-21 and it's pretty cool. Thinking for the F-16 I'll need a 64mm design. Anyone add one? By the time I get around to buying the Arf+ ( Fathers Day ?) I'll hopefully have flown the new A-10 Then I'm done for a while. That is until FW/MRC announces a F4 Phantom. Eek !

Leave a comment:

• racerx600rr
    replied
    Originally posted by RPC View Post
    Hi....Based I'm what I'm reading, it looks like you guys really like the V2 F-16. I'm an experienced prop warbird flyer and I'm now considering the V2 F-16 for my first EDF.

Can I please get your advice on the choosing between the 4s or 6s version. Although airframe & battery price is a consideration, I'm not as much interested in blazing speed as I am in overall "friendly" scale flight performance. i.e.

Thanks....RPC....
    My personal opinion of the best first EDF is the freewing F-86. Fast, but not too fast. Slow handling is great and she lands nice and easy too. Makes a great transitional bird from warbird to jet. Large enough to see her in the air and the yellow stripes help for visibility! Plus the bonus is it flies great on 4000-5000mah 6s batts and that is the sweet spot for most of these great EDFs.

Leave a comment:

• dahawk
    replied
    Entirely up to you but you may want to try a hand launch belly lander in the 64mm class. F9F Panther? My first edf was the 70 mm phase 4 F-16, an easy flyer.

Without a stabalizer the F-16 might be more twichy than you're used to. Have good eyesight ? Edf's can get small in a hurry. A gray plane like the F-16 might be hard to follow at first. Also look at the red Yak-130. Can see it and she fly's great slow or fast.

Pick what you lIke. There's not really too much to learn. On some of the faster, high performance edf's it's mainly staying out in front. This F-16 can be set-up to fly very fast.

Leave a comment:

• RPC
    replied

Thanks....RPC....

Leave a comment:

• dahawk
    replied
    Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
    FINALLY got the upgraded struts in stock and snagged them today!
    I don't even own the plane yet and bought a set to have ready. Doing this in increments. First the struts and weapons. Then the 14b 2200 with 120 amp esc from edfhobbies. Then the arf+.

I know, it's a little backasswards. Lol

My Second Mig and upcoming( whenever it gets here) A-10 have my undivided and immediate attention. So, buying the struts and weapons package for the F-16 is just a placeholder.

Hawk

Leave a comment:

• Alpha10
    replied
    Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post
    who cares if they are clones. If they work and don't burn up the what is the issue? To me the problem is faulty equipment more so than brand name. If it works that is all that matters to me!!
    Because clones aren't the same quality and they burn up...

Leave a comment:

• Aros
    replied
    FINALLY got the upgraded struts in stock and snagged them today!

Leave a comment:

• gooniac33
    replied
    who cares if they are clones. If they work and don't burn up the what is the issue? To me the problem is faulty equipment more so than brand name. If it works that is all that matters to me!!

Leave a comment:

• scooter genie
    replied
    Originally posted by Alpha10 View Post

FALSE... They're clones. Trust me, I've tested them and KNOW what HW quality can do and handle.

These are not HW equivalents and shouldn't ever be considered as such.

The pricing reflects that as well.
    I was misinformed then. On the product page at edf hobbies, it lists the manufacturer as hobbywing.

Leave a comment:

• Alpha10
    replied
    Originally posted by scooter genie View Post
    Mystery dragon ESC's are made by Hobbywing.
    FALSE... They're clones. Trust me, I've tested them and KNOW what HW quality can do and handle.

These are not HW equivalents and shouldn't ever be considered as such.

The pricing reflects that as well.

Leave a comment:

• scooter genie
    replied
    No problems with mine. I always cut the shrink wrap off of the heat sink, and mount it in the air flow. When I bench test, I always make sure the esc is in the air flow of the exhaust on the edf

Leave a comment:

• racerx600rr
    replied
    Originally posted by scooter genie View Post
    Mystery dragon ESC's are made by Hobbywing.
    interesting......lower quality?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X