Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scooter genie
    replied
    hey gooniac, enjoyed your video on picnic table fan balancing....never occurred to me to use electric tape inside the spinner. a lot easier than mixing epoxy and cabosil ! Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• gooniac33
    replied
    Originally posted by scooter genie View Post
    Sorry, only 3.98 difference in price between the set, and ordering them separately. Not 5.00 Worth it to me instead of waiting for a re stock on the set. They are still available too.
    I got the nose gear first. Since it worked so well I ordered the others... I could have just done the package when it was in stock... but oh well.

Leave a comment:

• scooter genie
    replied
    Sorry, only 3.98 difference in price between the set, and ordering them separately. Not 5.00 Worth it to me instead of waiting for a re stock on the set. They are still available too.

Leave a comment:

• scooter genie
    replied
    Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
    I am still waiting for the upgraded gear to come back in stock so I can grab them. My stock gear is toast.
    I ordered a set couple of weeks ago. Got them and they look great. The set was out of stock, but I ordered each one separately. costs 5.00 more if you do it that way. Going to use them in my F104.

Leave a comment:

• Alpha10
    replied
    Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post
    Still have yet to maiden my 70mm 6S Pro. It's got the gear upgrade, but grass ops with those really small wheels has me a bit hesitant. I don't think TO will be a problem. It's the landing that has me concerned:Confused:
    Just run it without the fins and belly land it man... Done deal.

Save the stress and room for error... Not worth it IME.

F-16s and F-18s flare SO nicely for belly landing too...

Leave a comment:

• Aros
    replied
    I am still waiting for the upgraded gear to come back in stock so I can grab them. My stock gear is toast.

Leave a comment:

• Twowingtj
    replied
    Still have yet to maiden my 70mm 6S Pro. It's got the gear upgrade, but grass ops with those really small wheels has me a bit hesitant. I don't think TO will be a problem. It's the landing that has me concerned:Confused:

Leave a comment:

• Aros
    replied
    Nice. Yeah the 90mm needs a power upgrade due to her wing load. Good stuff!

Leave a comment:

• Alpha10
    replied
    Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post

It totally changes the plane! You lose a tad of the high alpha authority but only a little. The extra punch and flight time make it worth it though! When I use the 6s 35c 5800mah pack it is the happiest! Its a bullet with that pack!

My buddy has the 90mm F-16 with our first custom set up.It is a 3674 1700kv motor in the inrunner fan and the plane flies great with this set up! It requires quite a bit of throttle management but it works good. Lots more power and the flight time is still in the 3-4 min range. I posted a video a while back of me flying with him. Here is another from another day...

Looks good man! Now that's a nice looking pit area haha!

My field had 98% prop planes when I got there three years ago... Now it's 70% EDFs... Gotta love it! :)

Leave a comment:

• gooniac33
    replied
    Originally posted by Alpha10 View Post

Yup... I bailed on mine as well even on a hot 8s setup. Just too damn heavy with no flight time.

On a brighter note, I flew my V2 70mm with a 6s 5000 pack like Gooniac recommended and man... This plane REALLY takes it well.

I was very surprised. All the way back and the cg was dead on compared to my 3300 packs.

The extra flight time is awesome and greater authority rocks! Good call Gonniac!

I definitely recommend it if someone only had 5000s. It's super easy on the packs and you can carry more power and momentum with the extra headroom and still get 4 mins~ if you fly aggressively.
    It totally changes the plane! You lose a tad of the high alpha authority but only a little. The extra punch and flight time make it worth it though! When I use the 6s 35c 5800mah pack it is the happiest! Its a bullet with that pack!

My buddy has the 90mm F-16 with our first custom set up.It is a 3674 1700kv motor in the inrunner fan and the plane flies great with this set up! It requires quite a bit of throttle management but it works good. Lots more power and the flight time is still in the 3-4 min range. I posted a video a while back of me flying with him. Here is another from another day...

Leave a comment:

• Alpha10
    replied
    Originally posted by xviper2 View Post
    It would ......................... if only they built it to fly on 8 or 10 cells and/or put in a 120mm fan/motor. My 90mm F-16 will be sold in a few weeks. It's only been flown twice and I hated each flight because it was such pig on grass.
    Yup... I bailed on mine as well even on a hot 8s setup. Just too damn heavy with no flight time.

On a brighter note, I flew my V2 70mm with a 6s 5000 pack like Gooniac recommended and man... This plane REALLY takes it well.

I was very surprised. All the way back and the cg was dead on compared to my 3300 packs.

The extra flight time is awesome and greater authority rocks! Good call Gonniac!

I definitely recommend it if someone only had 5000s. It's super easy on the packs and you can carry more power and momentum with the extra headroom and still get 4 mins~ if you fly aggressively.

Leave a comment:

• xviper
    replied
    Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
    I just wish our 90mm flew like this 70mm! I love bigger, bigger, bigger but alas it is always at the cost of wing load.
    It would ......................... if only they built it to fly on 8 or 10 cells and/or put in a 120mm fan/motor. My 90mm F-16 will be sold in a few weeks. It's only been flown twice and I hated each flight because it was such pig on grass.

Leave a comment:

• Aros
    replied
    I just wish our 90mm flew like this 70mm! I love bigger, bigger, bigger but alas it is always at the cost of wing load.

Leave a comment:

• Bajora
    replied
    Originally posted by dahawk View Post
    Dang,
    You guys are killing me! An A-10 in a couple weeks, a replacement Mig-21 next week. Now I need this F-16.

My favorite 70 to date has been the Yak-130 with the XRP 2200 14B. In fact, it's my favorite plane period. So now, another 70.

Great pics and vids ! Sold me.

Hawk
    Group 1 A-10 squadron

P.S. Ray, glad you're liking the RT's. Andy's a great guy and great jet pilot
    Hawk ... I don't think you'll regret the addition to your hangar man. Hard to beat these 70's, both for their convenience in size and their slightly more relaxed battery requirements when compared to 80 and 90mm EDF jets?

I gotta try me some of those RTs for sure!

For those about to rock, we SALUTE you:

Leave a comment:

• dahawk
    replied
    Dang,
    You guys are killing me! An A-10 in a couple weeks, a replacement Mig-21 next week. Now I need this F-16.

My favorite 70 to date has been the Yak-130 with the XRP 2200 14B. In fact, it's my favorite plane period. So now, another 70.

Great pics and vids ! Sold me.

Hawk
    Group 1 A-10 squadron

P.S. Ray, glad you're liking the RT's. Andy's a great guy and great jet pilot

Leave a comment:

• gooniac33
    replied
    Originally posted by Bajora View Post
    Goon

Yeah, it is a really sweet performing 70mm model for sure. Gotta love the overall convenience of this size model and its lesser demands on 6S packs than some of the 80/90mm airframes. Someday we'll HAVE TO get together and do some jet flying for sure!

Heck yeah we do!! And sooner than later!

Leave a comment:

• Bajora
    replied
    Goon

Yeah, it is a really sweet performing 70mm model for sure. Gotta love the overall convenience of this size model and its lesser demands on 6S packs than some of the 80/90mm airframes. Someday we'll HAVE TO get together and do some jet flying for sure!

Leave a comment:

• gooniac33
    replied
    Originally posted by Bajora View Post
    Another cool shot of the Fighting Falcon on a fly-by ...

top notch as always! Isn't it a fabulous flying plane?

Leave a comment:

• Bajora
    replied
    Another cool shot of the Fighting Falcon on a fly-by ...

Leave a comment:

• \o/woohoo
    replied
    Heres a video. Any ace combat fans?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X