Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gooniac33
    replied
    Here is a flight from sunday. I was using a HUGE 6s 35c 5800 pack in this one and the plane didn't even notice the extra weight...

Leave a comment:

• Bajora
    replied
    Good stuff Goon! :Cool:

Mine, ready for first flights:

Leave a comment:

• gooniac33
    replied
    that sound is really cool!!

Hey I got some really good flights with mine this past weekend... here are saturdays flights...

Leave a comment:

• \o/woohoo
    replied
    Can someone give me the dimensions of the missiles plz?

Leave a comment:

• \o/woohoo
    replied
    Originally posted by Bjkeith13 View Post
    You have to reverse the other channel. It's hard to describe and also depends on what radio you have. It should be in the mix settings. If it's a two setting switch make them 30%ish throws with 15% and 40%ish for three setting switch. Of course you can adjust for the way you want it. Use the lower setting for take off and full for landing.

another thing. I'm just reading stuff on the forum because I can't sleep. I don't own this plane, but I'm wondering why it's so much more popular than the F-35? I know F-16s are cool and I'll buy one of these some day if I don't get the big one, but the F-35 is absolutely amazing. It's really a steal for the price. Go and get one guys. I absolutely love it. I wasn't an F-35 fan until I bought one of these and now I can't get enough of it. It's gone up to my second favorite plane of all time just because of this model. If freewing were to make it in 90mm and/or made it STOVL capable it would move up to #1 and knock the saber of its perch.
    The f35 is downright awesome but for rc the f16's flight envelope really shines. I hope to god they finally release a single 90mm f22 raptor done right.

There are some factors i cant point out to why the f35 isnt as popular (very well should be) as the f16 in the rc world. I love the f35 too.

Leave a comment:

• Aros
    replied
    That is so awesome! I have to do that mod! Well done!

Leave a comment:

• \o/woohoo
    replied
    Thanks vduniec. The after burner mod looks fantastic check it out.

Leave a comment:

• Bjkeith13
    replied
    You have to reverse the other channel. It's hard to describe and also depends on what radio you have. It should be in the mix settings. If it's a two setting switch make them 30%ish throws with 15% and 40%ish for three setting switch. Of course you can adjust for the way you want it. Use the lower setting for take off and full for landing.

another thing. I'm just reading stuff on the forum because I can't sleep. I don't own this plane, but I'm wondering why it's so much more popular than the F-35? I know F-16s are cool and I'll buy one of these some day if I don't get the big one, but the F-35 is absolutely amazing. It's really a steal for the price. Go and get one guys. I absolutely love it. I wasn't an F-35 fan until I bought one of these and now I can't get enough of it. It's gone up to my second favorite plane of all time just because of this model. If freewing were to make it in 90mm and/or made it STOVL capable it would move up to #1 and knock the saber of its perch.

Leave a comment:

• Bluedog
    replied
    Originally posted by Felixs10 View Post

I haven't ,but you need to bypass the board and use a 7 or 8 channel receiver with the airerons using separate channels
    I bypassed the control board and hooked one aileron to the receiver aux 1 and one to the control board aileron and got it working with only a six channel remote.

Leave a comment:

• Aros
    replied
    Alpha has great advice (shocker I know)... ;)

I LOVE this bird! Mainly because I have her Big Sister (the HSD 105mm version) and every time I fly that big girl my knees tend to knock. This bird by comparison is a total ball to fly. Check your lateral stability (sometimes something can cause a weight differential from one side or the other) and of course everything Alpha mentioned. Also, I tend to really dumb down my throws and ramp up my expo on scale models especially for maidens. One, it's more scale, two, it's less twitchy that way, especially when you are trying to learn the language that a particular model likes to speak. Good luck and keep us posted!

PS...Bajora, always love your photos!

Leave a comment:

• Alpha
    replied
    Dusmmdb, I really like your Israeli schemes. Nicely done!

Here are some brainstorm ideas to try, among others:

Check your stabs to ensure they're equal and not inducing a roll. Also check that the ailerons servos' throw are equal to each other. Same for elevator. CG is proven from thousands of customers flying successfully so that shouldn't be a factor assuming you've set it up like our video. Another idea is to check inside the burner can for anything impeding flow, and while you're at it, check for alignment. Finally, check your wings and stabs for any warps or misalignment relative to its opposite. If you find anything structurally defective that needs replacing, call our tech support team and they'll be happy to help you. Hopefully it's something simpler so you can fly sooner.

Your bird is too pretty to die so young. Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• dusmmdb
    replied
    I maidened mine today.... what a nightmare.... it was all over the sky.. basically a take off and 3 minutes of trying to get it down... trimmed all the way left and still had to hold the stick about 40% over to keep her level.

not sure what was up...

but...got her down and will check everything tonight and try again tomorrow

Leave a comment:

• Bajora
    replied
    Mine is ready for maiden and sporting custom graphics from Callie. Stupid windy today when we got out to the field though and so decided to hold off for a slightly calmer day.

Leave a comment:

• Felixs10
    replied
    Originally posted by Bluedog View Post
    Also, have any of you successfully set up flaperons before or on the F-16? I've been trying but when I use the flap switch one aileron goes up and one goes down.
    ​​​​​​
    I haven't ,but you need to bypass the board and use a 7 or 8 channel receiver with the airerons using separate channels

Leave a comment:

• Bluedog
    replied
    Also, have any of you successfully set up flaperons before or on the F-16? I've been trying but when I use the flap switch one aileron goes up and one goes down.
    ​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• Bluedog
    replied
    Do you have any videos of the F-16 in flight with the howlers?

Leave a comment:

• \o/woohoo
    replied
    dusmmdb thank you absolutely so much. on my way to purchase the led ring hopefully they are available.....

also when will the missile set be available on motion? i know that castle has them but itll be over $50 and at this point i think ill just make my own.

update:

fan jet usa has them in stock (rc lander 3 color) i have installed these on my mirage 80mm. again thank you.

Leave a comment:

• \o/woohoo
    replied
    Thanks aros. The f16 is iconic with this sound.

Leave a comment:

• Aros
    replied
    That is really cool! Ingenious actually!

Leave a comment:

• \o/woohoo
    replied
    Hey be sure to have your volume button handy because it gets a little loud.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X