First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alpha10
    replied
    Originally posted by dahawk View Post
    I agree. F-16 fly's " just okay" Thought she would be faster than she is but my Yak-130 with the same xrp 2200kv 14b combo &125 amp esc will pass her like she's standing still. Was surprised as the Yak has such a fat belly and the F-16 , a more sleek airframe. Might have something to do with the air intake on the F-16/ Very constricted IMO.
    Absolutely... thrust gram for gram... The Yak performs MUCH better.

I actually scaled back my F-16 setup for a moderate one to get more flight time because the extra power didn't really net much over stock.

Granted, it was faster, but NOTHING like the gains I saw from stepping up my Yak.

Leave a comment:

• dahawk
    replied
    I agree. F-16 fly's " just okay" Thought she would be faster than she is but my Yak-130 with the same xrp 2200kv 14b combo &125 amp esc will pass her like she's standing still. Was surprised as the Yak has such a fat belly and the F-16 , a more sleek airframe. Might have something to do with the air intake on the F-16/ Very constricted IMO.

Leave a comment:

• Alpha10
    replied
    Originally posted by runway14left View Post
    Thanks for the input. I thought that would be the case. I bought the 6 cell version and am trying to "ease" into all the power it will have. Time to buck up I guess!
    The 6s version isn't crazy powerful... It flies well and is VERY easy to manage.

Easier than the 4s version which requires much more throttle to fly. Plus, the heavier weight of the 6s setup also makes it track better and with more resilience to wind buffering etc.

6s is the way to go for 95% of fliers.

Again, this plane is not "Fast"... It just flies well and has a nicely balanced power system out of the box.

Leave a comment:

• runway14left
    replied
    Thanks for the input. I thought that would be the case. I bought the 6 cell version and am trying to "ease" into all the power it will have. Time to buck up I guess!

Leave a comment:

• OV10
    replied
    As a follow up to Dan's comment...........that was the 4S version of the 70mm F-16 V2.
    Freewing makes them in two flavors.
    4S - https://www.motionrc.com/collections...mm-edf-jet-pnp
    6S - https://www.motionrc.com/collections...mm-edf-jet-pnp
    But the 6S version will most likely not fly on 4S power going back to runway14left question;)

Leave a comment:

• Grossman56
    replied
    Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
    I saw the video of Pilot Ryan taking someone's 4S up for a maiden at NEFI...Seemed to fly just fine! May not have quite the punch as the 6S but still looked pretty nimble and speedy to me. Check it out in case you missed it:

That was Boots Whirlygig's and it was impressive! I thought it performed great on 4s, nice for guys who run 4s in prop driven warbirds and are not wanting to spend 100's of $$ on 6s bricks, but want to get into a jet.
    Definitely made me a believer

Grossman56

Leave a comment:

• OV10
    replied
    Has anyone tried flying the 6 cell version on a 4 cell? I'm wondering if that would be a good way to start and then go up to 6 cells after some flights and comfort.
    Not gonna work unless you do a motor kV change also. Your losing 1/3 of your RPM's by dropping to a 4S pack with the stock motor.

Leave a comment:

• Alpha10
    replied
    Has anyone tried flying the 6 cell version on a 4 cell? I'm wondering if that would be a good way to start and then go up to 6 cells after some flights and comfort.
    I doubt it'd even rotate tbh.

Leave a comment:

• runway14left
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Pete Lane
    replied
    lol

Leave a comment:

• dkalwishky
    replied
    Originally posted by Alpha10 View Post
    Man, I'm VERY disappointed in the new Arctic scheme from Freewing...

They didn't even paint the white sections and just left it bare foam...It looks extremely cheap and awful...Almost transparent.

I was excited for this one too... :(
    Hurry up and send it back so I can buy it!

Leave a comment:

• Pete Lane
    replied
    Your welky.

Glad to help !

Plane

Leave a comment:

• Alpha
    replied
    Thanks, Pete! I appreciate those links!

Click image for larger version

Name:	1_a97d54bf-4407-4c5d-9b85-9be624b65014_1024x1024.jpg
Views:	529
Size:	192.5 KB
ID:	84219

Leave a comment:

• Pete Lane
    replied
    I have a degree in auto body and paint but not an expert at anything.....still learning. Hope this helps.

Plane

Leave a comment:

• Pete Lane
    replied
    I have read about white enamel paint yellowing over time - is this also true for acrylic white? I think I heard or read somewhere that some people add a drop of blue to the white enamel and this prevents the yellowing occurring - anyone know if this is true or not? Any tips and tricks for white p...

Leave a comment:

• Pete Lane
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Alpha
    replied
    First and foremost, as Martin said, our customer family's satisfaction is paramount, so if for any reason someone isn't happy with any product they've received from Motion RC, we encourage that person to please promptly contact the Customer Service team to process a return and full refund under our Returns Policy. It's our job and pleasure to keep our customers happy!

Looking into "why" more deeply, it isn't just because using bare foam in white areas provides lower weight, simpler processes, and less mold cost. In addition, I would say from my experience at our various manufacturing partners that white paint on foam can sometimes, compared to other colors, react differently in sunlight, leading to fading, discoloring, or even in some instances yellowing. We saw this on the old Freewing 70mm F-16 V1... over time we had several complaints about the white painted areas becoming discolored, and we did not want that to happen on the V2's Arctic Camo scheme. The exact reasons why white paint can behave like this inconsistently aren't within my expertise so I cannot speculate. Although, I would observe that using bare foam for white areas is common practice with several models from different manufacturers, implying a common reason. The Taft 90mm Viper Jet, HSD 105mm Super Viper, Hobbyking 90mm Cobra, Freewing Stinger 90, Freewing 80mm Avanti S, Freewing 70mm Rebel V2, Dynam 70mm Meteor, Dynam 64mm Turbo Jet, Grand Cruiser, and other models (not to mention scale gliders) all use bare foam instead of white paint for the white areas.

When viewed from that lens, the 90mm T-45 and 90mm Thunderbird seem to be exceptions. Fun fact: I remember pushing very hard for white paint on the 90mm T-45, regardless of the disadvantages.

Perhaps someone more versed on the subject can explain to us why white paint can sometimes age differently over time compared to, say, gray or silver paint. Is it rooted in a UV reaction? Similar to why clear epoxy can yellow over time when exposed to sunlight? I'd really like to know.

Leave a comment:

• PappaBear
    replied
    Originally posted by Alpha10 View Post
    Man, I'm VERY disappointed in the new Arctic scheme from Freewing...

They didn't even paint the white sections and just left it bare foam...It looks extremely cheap and awful...Almost transparent.

I don't know why they cut corners and didn't paint it white like the T-45 or Thunderbirds F-16. Doesn't make sense to me to have to repaint the white just to get it right.

My buddy will likely be sending it back... Just a heads up guys. : /

Poor choice on FW's behalf. :(

I was excited for this one too... :(
    Painting the model a base white and then painting the gray on the top involves a lot more work, not to mention materials. It has not been done this way to cut corners, it is in an effort to keep costs down to an acceptable level to the customer. If you are not 100% happy with the model you are more than welcome to return it for a refund as long as it has not been assembled and flown. Please see the link to the Motion RC returns policy below.

IMPORTANT: You must contact Motion RC to request a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number before returning ANY products. Items returned without an RMA number will be rejected and returned to the customer at their expense. Motion RC Return Policy Details If you ordered the wrong item or you no longer want your it

Martin,

Motion RC Customer Service Manager

Leave a comment:

• dkalwishky
    replied
    Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post

I use the 5000 in mine with no issue! Actually my fave battery is the Roaring Top 6s 35c 5800mah pack! The plane loves it!
    Good to know, I'm really liking the Arctic Camo scheme. Better add this to my list of planes to buy.

Leave a comment:

• Pete Lane
    replied
    Yep....it was a treat to see it !

Pete

Leave a comment:

Working...
X