Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wricksta
    replied
    Got to maiden my FW 80mm Mirage yesterday. Also got FPV cam footage of my FW 70mm 4s F-16 and my uncle's FW 64mm A-10.

Leave a comment:

• wricksta
    replied
    Landings looked good bro. You using flaperons?

Leave a comment:

• JohnVH
    replied
    Thanks! Just need to dial in my landings a little better now

Leave a comment:

• wricksta
    replied
    I already commented on it in the fb edf group, but I had to give props again lol. Agreed, great camera work!

Leave a comment:

• JohnVH
    replied
    Thanks all! Pretty excited to get it out again soon.

Leave a comment:

• Grossman56
    replied
    Looks great John, and that's the maiden flight!! Looks like some great flight ahead.

Grossman56

Leave a comment:

• Phatbob
    replied
    Very nice flying and great camera work!

Leave a comment:

• Prowler901
    replied
    Awesome flying! Congrats on the successful maiden! :Cool:

Leave a comment:

• JohnVH
    replied

First two flights on the 70mm V2 F16.. That second takeoff though!!!

Get one here and Motion RC: https://goo.gl/meKz2aFollow on Facebook: https://goo.gl/Ub3Y55Batteries I use: https://goo.gl/58PeiWTwo amazing flights. First ...

Leave a comment:

• JohnVH
    replied
    I just checked, they are back up along with the new F4

Leave a comment:

• Hawk4me
    replied
    I noticed today that MRC has taken down all freewing f-16's from there site. Hopefully it's just a glitch or something but that doesn't bode well for this bird if it is shutdown that quick. I needed some parts for mine to as spare's.

Leave a comment:

• Hawk4me
    replied
    Well I got my maiden flights done today. It was cloudy and was by myself so couldn't get video. Little bit of trim here and there and she was good to go. I noticed though it has a very distinct howl above half throttle. It doesn't sound anything like the other's I've seen here and youtube. I'm wondering if I got a very unbalanced fan. It sounds horrible i'm not sure i'm ready to dig into it far enough to balance a fan out and think this is probably something I should go to MRC about. Not sure if they will replace it or not.

Leave a comment:

• gooniac33
    replied
    Awesome shots!! Hey did you guys get the new FMS F-16 in the air yet? How does that thing fly?

Leave a comment:

• Boots Whirlygig
    replied
    Georgous pictures Bajora!

Leave a comment:

• Bajora
    replied
    My pal Michael Troy had his Arctic Camo F-16 out for flights the other day and was making some really nice laps around the pattern with it ...

Leave a comment:

• Hawk4me
    replied
    I think I may have run into an issue with the antenna's in the 4s bird. If I remember right the long one went towards the back of the plane and the short one went forward. This time around the long antenna is going to the back and the short is taped upright so it should be a bit harder for signal loss. Can anyone post up a pic of the RX location? I have mine right in front of the blue control board, but I am concerned about the orientation of my antenna's at this point.

Leave a comment:

• Grossman56
    replied
    Originally posted by Hawk4me View Post
    Got her put together and on the balancer today. Got it just about right where it should be I think. Can't wait for good weather hopefully this weekend I can get her back up. Just from taxi around it is night and day from the 4s power wise. Should be fun.
    That a boy Hawk, don't let it get you down, I had two FW P-51's do the same thing. I switched to Lemon Diversity receivers, just couldn't bring myself to use the rx in a third bird. Not to say for sure that was what caused the crashes, but hey, why take the chance !

Grossman56

Leave a comment:

• Phatbob
    replied
    Originally posted by Hawk4me View Post
    Got her put together and on the balancer today. Got it just about right where it should be I think. Can't wait for good weather hopefully this weekend I can get her back up. Just from taxi around it is night and day from the 4s power wise. Should be fun.
    Pretty sure you want to balance with gear up.

Leave a comment:

• Hawk4me
    replied
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• gooniac33
    replied
    Originally posted by fhhuber View Post
    Well... there are failures that will take down the UBEC with the ESC at the same time. I had a flawed solder joint (factory) on the LiPo's connector one time. It heated up under load and melted the solder, disconnecting the LiPo from the connector. Fortunately on that plane I used a separate LiFe pack to power the RX. (which has its own ways it can fail)

There's no solution that is 100% guaranteed.
    Nothing is 100%.... but you can get really high percentages by doing things right!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X