• vduniec
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20170201_142938.jpg
Views:	444
Size:	27.4 KB
ID:	72256
    Originally posted by \o/woohoo View Post
    yes those little thingys on nerf footballs that make the whistling sound that most GE engines make such as the f16 f15 and many other jets. sounds pretty cool.

hey if i already glued the virtical stab this means im too late for adding an afterburner??
    It's not too late for the A/B ring. I did a detailed install in the F-16 mod thread in RCG.

​​​​​https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...read-build-log

Leave a comment:

• dusmmdb
    replied
    Size wise this F16 is a better partner than the 90mm version for the F15.

Leave a comment:

• \o/woohoo
    replied
    I will have a video uploaded tomorrow

Leave a comment:

• dusmmdb
    replied
    Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post

That is an older Hobby King 70mm Mig-15. He had the all metal Mercury fan in there and it was running on 4s. It flew great!! My buddy had an older Nitroplanes 70mm Mig-15 that he was running on 6s and it flew fabulous!! It killed itself though and is no more...We really need a new 70-90mm Mig-15!!!! I hope that either FMS or Freewing make one for us soon...
    Totally agree.... seems like MIG15s used to be everywhere... now no one makes a mid level 70mm ,80mm or 90mm

Leave a comment:

• Aros
    replied
    Would love to see some pics/video?

Leave a comment:

• \o/woohoo
    replied
    Originally posted by dusmmdb View Post

interesting.....

where are you mounting said noise devices??
    I removed the cheater vent and installed them across from each other.

Leave a comment:

• gooniac33
    replied
    Originally posted by dusmmdb View Post
    Gooniac, great videos... What mig 15 with gear was flying with you in the one video
    That is an older Hobby King 70mm Mig-15. He had the all metal Mercury fan in there and it was running on 4s. It flew great!! My buddy had an older Nitroplanes 70mm Mig-15 that he was running on 6s and it flew fabulous!! It killed itself though and is no more...We really need a new 70-90mm Mig-15!!!! I hope that either FMS or Freewing make one for us soon...

Leave a comment:

• dusmmdb
    replied
    yes those little thingys on nerf footballs that make the whistling sound that most GE engines make such as the f16 f15 and many other jets. sounds pretty cool.

hey if i already glued the virtical stab this means im too late for adding an afterburner??
    interesting.....

where are you mounting said noise devices??

Leave a comment:

• \o/woohoo
    replied

Leave a comment:

• dusmmdb
    replied
    Nerf vortex howlers?

Leave a comment:

• \o/woohoo
    replied
    aros thank you.

the short story about this cover is that a member of my club called out a fluttering sound and i couldnt tell because the jet was rock solid. so as i was storing my jet at home it just coughed it out. im afraid to attempt to reglue it only for it to be sucked into my edf and ruin my day and also worried a wire might get sucked into the edf.

ill look into it and see if i can resolve this. pilots make sure you look into this.

oh an btw i added nerf vortex howlers. =)

Leave a comment:

• Aros
    replied
    \o/woohoo welcome to Hobby Squawk! I will have to check my F-16 to see how it's in there but I've used Gorilla Tape and a very long screwdriver in the past to tape down my thrust tubes in my SR-71. Worked like a charm.

dusmmdb the new livery looks sweet! Nicely done! :Cool:

As for RCG, I can say as someone who ran a successful forum for over 10 years that their problem seems to be that they deal with such large traffic volume and they don't seem to have the Moderator/Administrator manpower to stay on top of the community and police it appropriately. As my old forum community grew exponentially by the year, I had to make sure the moderation team grew with it. You can't have three people trying to police a community in the tens of thousands. This is merely speculation since I do not have any inside knowledge to the inner workings of their moderation squad but based on my experience that would be my guess.

Hobby Squawk is in the beginning stages of its history. While we do not have the volume an established community like RCG or RC Universe has (yet), we also do not have the problems such a large community encounters. Inevitably, the more people, the more yahoos and trolls sneak in and wreak havoc. And when the moderation is minimal, it's human nature to push the envelope and before you know it you have good, valid threads with good, valid folks participating that can turn on a dime with just a couple renegades or bad apples. I've seen it too many times.

So I plan on using my experience to manage Hobby Squawk in the same way I managed my old forum community. With fair but proactive moderation. As our community grows, so will our mod team and our commitment to keep this place the best forum for R/C pilots.

Leave a comment:

• dusmmdb
    replied
    Gooniac, great videos... What mig 15 with gear was flying with you in the one video

Leave a comment:

• gooniac33
    replied
    Originally posted by xviper2 View Post
    I know exactly what you're talking about. We try to help people out and all we get back is a whole lot of grief and attitude. That place seems to attract all the nut jobs with huge egos. I've unsubscribed to almost all the threads I was in. I'll just let the idiots take over.
    It is frustrating.... I will just spend more time here since the crowd seems to be much more adult....

Leave a comment:

• xviper
    replied
    Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post

yeah tell me about it.... I won't get engaged in that crap ever again...
    I know exactly what you're talking about. We try to help people out and all we get back is a whole lot of grief and attitude. That place seems to attract all the nut jobs with huge egos. I've unsubscribed to almost all the threads I was in. I'll just let the idiots take over.

Leave a comment:

• gooniac33
    replied
    What the heck is up with rcgroups? Like its falling apart.

Anyway i just joined hobbysquawk minutes ago. Looks good.

So guys this plastic piece fell out of my jet while transporting it. I noticed this is what covers the wires inside the intake. Its impossible to put back on. Has this happened to any of you? Should i be concerned?
    yeah tell me about it.... I won't get engaged in that crap ever again... that plastic piece is for covering the wires.

Leave a comment:

• dusmmdb
    replied
    Got mine in today.....unpacked it....6 hours later it looks like this....

i love the Israeli schemes

Leave a comment:

• \o/woohoo
    replied
    What the heck is up with rcgroups? Like its falling apart.

Anyway i just joined hobbysquawk minutes ago. Looks good.

So guys this plastic piece fell out of my jet while transporting it. I noticed this is what covers the wires inside the intake. Its impossible to put back on. Has this happened to any of you? Should i be concerned?

Leave a comment:

• gooniac33
    replied
    A lot of flying at Apollo this past weekend... sorry for the blast but here you go...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X