Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scooter genie
    replied
    Mystery dragon ESC's are made by Hobbywing.

Leave a comment:

• Alpha10
    replied
    Originally posted by racerx600rr View Post

eeewww.....what size ESC, battery and motor where you using to smoke it?
    It was a Mystery 100... I pulled 96 amps on 6s for about 6 seconds and POOF.

I sent it back and he gave me a refund. Great guy, but I only fly Hobbywing now.

Leave a comment:

• racerx600rr
    replied
    Originally posted by Alpha10 View Post

I haven't had good luck with them unfortunately... As in flames and smoke on the bench luck.
    eeewww.....what size ESC, battery and motor where you using to smoke it?

Leave a comment:

• Alpha10
    replied
    Originally posted by dusmmdb View Post
    Has anyone tried the mystery dragon ESC with this setup that Elmer sells??
    I haven't had good luck with them unfortunately... As in flames and smoke on the bench luck.

Leave a comment:

• dusmmdb
    replied
    Has anyone tried the mystery dragon ESC with this setup that Elmer sells??

Leave a comment:

• dahawk
    replied
    Thanks again!

Leave a comment:

• gooniac33
    replied
    Originally posted by dahawk View Post
    Thanks Ray!

yeah the slight amp draw penalty we pay on the 14b is offset by higher performance and better sound. Get mine pre-balanced from Elmer @ edf hobbies. 100 amp esc.

Glad your liking the RT's. My new best friend for lipos. That 5800 35 C is a good performer. Helps to have Andy here in Texas.

The struts were a nice adder? Think I'll order the arf plus with struts , and add the 2200kv XRP combo w/100 amp esc.

Cheers,

Hawk
    I am pissed that I didn't add the gear sooner.. they totally changed its ground handling. As for the fans... both 13 and 14 blade are perfect for this jet.

Leave a comment:

• dahawk
    replied
    Thanks Ray!

yeah the slight amp draw penalty we pay on the 14b is offset by higher performance and better sound. Get mine pre-balanced from Elmer @ edf hobbies. 100 amp esc.

Glad your liking the RT's. My new best friend for lipos. That 5800 35 C is a good performer. Helps to have Andy here in Texas.

The struts were a nice adder? Think I'll order the arf plus with struts , and add the 2200kv XRP combo w/100 amp esc.

Cheers,

Hawk

Leave a comment:

• gooniac33
    replied
    Anyone go with the 13B XRP combo? I have the 14B XRP 2200 in my Yak-130 with 100amp esc. and the sound is the best in my squadron. Was thinking about ordering the the Arf+ and going with the XRP package and struts,
    There are a couple videos of the plane with the 13 blade and it looks really good! Not sure on the specs but it has to be slightly less draw than the 14 blade. I use the 14 blade with 2200kv inrunner and love it! Vertical performance is insane and the speeds are up quite a bit from stock. My fave pack to run in the plane is a Roaring Top 6s 35c 5800mah. It has made this thing even more of a rocketship!

Leave a comment:

• Alpha10
    replied
    Anyone go with the 13B XRP combo? I have the 14B XRP 2200 in my Yak-130 with 100amp esc. and the sound is the best in my squadron. Was thinking about ordering the the Arf+ and going with the XRP package and struts,
    Most of us are... It's a great fan and surprisingly, it's just as efficient as the V3 10b with better sound.

You can't beat it with a quality inrunner.

Leave a comment:

• dahawk
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Aros
    replied
    I am still enjoying this jet more than any other in my fleet at the moment. Just a treat from takeoff to touchdown.

Leave a comment:

• gooniac33
    replied
    I just installed the final parts to the landing gear. I now have complete oleos all around now. The nose gear alone made a huge improvement in the way it handled. So I am really looking forward to how it will be with them all around. Minor trimming needed on the plastic covers but nothing major. I will try it out tomorrow

Leave a comment:

• Felixs10
    replied
    Originally posted by scooter genie View Post

I'll post the results of the gear swap on the 70mm F104 thread...airframe is supposed to be here Thursday.
    Awesome !

Leave a comment:

• scooter genie
    replied
    Originally posted by Felixs10 View Post

I was was thinking about doing the same for my 104 .. let me know how it works out ...
    I'll post the results of the gear swap on the 70mm F104 thread...airframe is supposed to be here Thursday.

Leave a comment:

• gooniac33
    replied
    Ray,
    Have you tried taking off on your narrow dusty trail with this plane?

Hawk
    I am sure it would do it but I haven't been flying there. I have an actual runway to fly off of now so don't head out that way very often anymore.

Leave a comment:

• gooniac33
    replied
    hey gooniac, enjoyed your video on picnic table fan balancing....never occurred to me to use electric tape inside the spinner. a lot easier than mixing epoxy and cabosil ! Thanks.
    Glad I could help! I am a keep it simple type of a person...

Leave a comment:

• dahawk
    replied
    Ray,
    Have you tried taking off on your narrow dusty trail with this plane?

Hawk

Leave a comment:

• Felixs10
    replied

I ordered a set couple of weeks ago. Got them and they look great. The set was out of stock, but I ordered each one separately. costs 5.00 more if you do it that way. Going to use them in my F104.

I was was thinking about doing the same for my 104 .. let me know how it works out ...

Leave a comment:

• Aros
    replied
    Thanks! Yeah I am actually seriously considering turning her into a belly lander...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X