Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copy that!!! I agree..... Plane flies great though!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
      I lost my first bird on the second flight. The elevator on the port side just tore off in a dive and I didn't have enough left to pull out and pancaked into the concrete road. So, the next one will have hinge tape added for sure. I may just cut them off and use CA hinges... :Confused::( Better to repaint the hinge line than lose the entire plane and paint job!!
      I installed the separate hinges and used CA as well as hinge tape haha. With the weight of 6s batteries up to 5000mah that is a lot to ask of a foam hinge

Comment

• Originally posted by LAIR202 View Post

Tbh theres not a lot of remains...its completely in pieces. I was trying to do a pass and just couldnt pull up. It smashed into the side of a hill. I had the elevator pinned and it didnt pull up at all.
        That sounds like a clevice pop-out.

Disconnect the elevator from the servo... game over.

FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• Now that I think about it... my first crash with this plane was the exact same thing. Fortunately it was in the turn for final approach and it wasn't going full speed. It nosedived into the grass but only the fuse and elevator was damaged. It was that repaired plane that I noticed the weak spot at the hinge.

Comment

• As was mentioned before, when balancing at the recommended 90mm, it is just a little nose heavy. I am attempting to use my admiral 5000 packs and have it pushed back as far as it can get. I am balancing with the gear down and plane upright.

Once I feel it's balanced, I'll deploy the gear and the plane about falls off the balancer it's so nose heavy. Thoughts?

Comment

• Originally posted by purduephigam View Post
              As was mentioned before, when balancing at the recommended 90mm, it is just a little nose heavy. I am attempting to use my admiral 5000 packs and have it pushed back as far as it can get. I am balancing with the gear down and plane upright.

Once I feel it's balanced, I'll deploy the gear and the plane about falls off the balancer it's so nose heavy. Thoughts?
              I am a little confused. You said you balanced it with the gear down but then said you deployed the gear later. Was it balanced with the gear up (retracted) or down (deployed)?

Comment

• I'm sorry, it was early for me :Silly:...... balanced with gear down. When up (retracted) it almost fell off the balance due to being so nose heavy.

Comment

I'm sorry, it was early for me :Silly:...... balanced with gear down. When up (retracted) it almost fell off the balance due to being so nose heavy.
                  I will do an actual CG check when I fly mine this weekend. I have never actually looked and just always put the battery in the same place regardless of the size.
                  Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                  I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post

I will do an actual CG check when I fly mine this weekend. I have never actually looked and just always put the battery in the same place regardless of the size.
                    I'm curious to know what CG you measure. With the packs you listed in your message and your flight characteristics I'm going to assume you're probably 96-100mm.

Comment

• Today I got a chance to madien my third F-16. This one was the high-performance version with the Inrunner motor. The Inrunner is notably faster than than the outrunner 6s version, And also cruises at less throttle. While my old f16 used about 250 feet of runway before its light on the mains this version got up at about 150 feet and cruises at less throttle. Flight times are very close to the same with mixed throttle.

Comment

• Nice!!! Great livery....

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                          Nice!!! Great livery....
                          Thanks. I moved it to the 90mm thread.

Comment

• Here's a simple improvement to make to your planes that adds a cool factor. Replace the stock HUD with SX-3060 Spectrum Transparent Dichroic Film. (Google SX-3060 and it'll come right up.) It's transparent like the actual HUD's and it gives the occasional "Flash" when it reflects the sun while flying. You can order a free sample but will have to pay for the postage. I think you can get 3 or 4 samples in one shipment. I found that, of all the colors I used, this one is the only one worthwhile. So order all of the same and you should have a lifetime of HUD material for $7.

Click image for larger version

Name:	F-16 HUD.jpg
Views:	542
Size:	139.1 KB
ID:	156724

Comment

• Great insight, Vduniec! I love those extra flashes of color and texture, they always add dimension to a model.
                              Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Anyone have an ugly maiden with this bad girl? Attempted the high performance maiden with a 5000 pack. Granted, not the greatest conditions, but I was determined. Lots of up elevator which I figured it would need. Pretty decent amount of "wiggle" to it which I am attributing to the wind (the Rebel demonstrated it as well). After 3 flights I still don't have it dialed in and already bent the front retract due to a hard landing. Upon inspection I noted the right elevator was partially torn. Very thankful I found this on the ground as I very well may have lost the plane in the air. Just to get back to baseline, I wanted to get some input from you all:

1. What type of hinges do you recommend for my elevator repair (I believe the kit came with some, but stupidly may have tossed them. I can't find any hinges on the spare parts page).

2. Those that are using flaperons, what are your flap settings at. I arbitrarily set takeoff to 50% and landing to 100% but feel this affect flight character far too negatively and reset them to 20 and 40%, respectively.

3. Anyone have any issues rolling out? Prior to, it seemed like it wanted to tip left and I'm not sure of that's an elevator/ail trim issue or not. Since I had to trim so much up elevator, I am guessing it wanted to stay down longer. Being that it didn't seem to track straight, I figured it'd be more susceptible to something like this.

I imagine once I can get it dialed in it'll fly just fine. I anticipate more break-in/tweak time due to the 5000 pack I'm using rather than the recommended 4000. Otherwise it looked and sounded incredible! Any advice here would be appreciated, those first flights are always nerve racking!

Comment

• After a few hold ups I’m finally calling this one done! Now to save for some batteries......... Click image for larger version

Name:	C8500285-4F39-4A75-8C2F-B5A6EECBF946.jpeg
Views:	824
Size:	216.2 KB
ID:	157439Click image for larger version

Name:	88BCCC69-388E-44C2-8DF4-05BC00E335B0.jpeg
Views:	802
Size:	175.2 KB
ID:	157438Click image for larger version

Name:	C129912D-10B5-4A0B-AA91-1396A96ADA29.jpeg
Views:	851
Size:	195.3 KB
ID:	157437Click image for larger version

Name:	CD215EC6-A654-4928-B711-8FB8CA2D6E69.jpeg
Views:	808
Size:	190.5 KB
ID:	157436Click image for larger version

Name:	E7C4D022-44F2-4625-B000-0CF284F2FDED.jpeg
Views:	812
Size:	179.9 KB
ID:	157435Click image for larger version

Name:	29B64D55-3857-4F6F-8008-48D174720296.jpeg
Size:	161.1 KB
ID:	157434Click image for larger version

Name:	5B1F81E8-4DB7-416E-9AC0-6383F92652D5.jpeg
Views:	801
Size:	154.4 KB
ID:	157433

Comment

Anyone have an ugly maiden with this bad girl? Attempted the high performance maiden with a 5000 pack. Granted, not the greatest conditions, but I was determined. Lots of up elevator which I figured it would need. Pretty decent amount of "wiggle" to it which I am attributing to the wind (the Rebel demonstrated it as well). After 3 flights I still don't have it dialed in and already bent the front retract due to a hard landing. Upon inspection I noted the right elevator was partially torn. Very thankful I found this on the ground as I very well may have lost the plane in the air. Just to get back to baseline, I wanted to get some input from you all:

1. What type of hinges do you recommend for my elevator repair (I believe the kit came with some, but stupidly may have tossed them. I can't find any hinges on the spare parts page).

2. Those that are using flaperons, what are your flap settings at. I arbitrarily set takeoff to 50% and landing to 100% but feel this affect flight character far too negatively and reset them to 20 and 40%, respectively.

3. Anyone have any issues rolling out? Prior to, it seemed like it wanted to tip left and I'm not sure of that's an elevator/ail trim issue or not. Since I had to trim so much up elevator, I am guessing it wanted to stay down longer. Being that it didn't seem to track straight, I figured it'd be more susceptible to something like this.

I imagine once I can get it dialed in it'll fly just fine. I anticipate more break-in/tweak time due to the 5000 pack I'm using rather than the recommended 4000. Otherwise it looked and sounded incredible! Any advice here would be appreciated, those first flights are always nerve racking!
                                    I lost my first fuselage with a ripped elevator on the second flight. It can fly ok with 5000’s but it’s more suited for 4K and below. I used the plastic ones that came uninstalled and applied hinge tape as well. My flaps seem to work best at about 75% throw on the flaperons. I don’t like that the only support for the horizontal stabs is that flimsy strip that is glued in on the build. I think it would turn a lot better with a stronger support. Also, for takeoff and landing I use flaperons with tailerons mixed. I think this plane is harder to land than it 90mm big brother.

Comment

• Originally posted by C17loadmaster View Post

I lost my first fuselage with a ripped elevator on the second flight. It can fly ok with 5000’s but it’s more suited for 4K and below. I used the plastic ones that came uninstalled and applied hinge tape as well. My flaps seem to work best at about 75% throw on the flaperons. I don’t like that the only support for the horizontal stabs is that flimsy strip that is glued in on the build. I think it would turn a lot better with a stronger support. Also, for takeoff and landing I use flaperons with tailerons mixed. I think this plane is harder to land than it 90mm big brother.
                                      I lost my first one from an elevator departing the fuselage at full throttle in a 20 degree dive and as I did a 5G pullout, wham.... :(

Comment

• Originally posted by Beetlemankurt View Post
                                        After a few hold ups I’m finally calling this one done! Now to save for some batteries......... Click image for larger version

Name:	C8500285-4F39-4A75-8C2F-B5A6EECBF946.jpeg
Views:	824
Size:	216.2 KB
ID:	157439Click image for larger version

Name:	88BCCC69-388E-44C2-8DF4-05BC00E335B0.jpeg
Views:	802
Size:	175.2 KB
ID:	157438Click image for larger version

Name:	C129912D-10B5-4A0B-AA91-1396A96ADA29.jpeg
Views:	851
Size:	195.3 KB
ID:	157437Click image for larger version

Name:	CD215EC6-A654-4928-B711-8FB8CA2D6E69.jpeg
Views:	808
Size:	190.5 KB
ID:	157436Click image for larger version

Name:	E7C4D022-44F2-4625-B000-0CF284F2FDED.jpeg
Size:	179.9 KB
ID:	157435Click image for larger version

Name:	29B64D55-3857-4F6F-8008-48D174720296.jpeg
Size:	161.1 KB
ID:	157434Click image for larger version

Name:	5B1F81E8-4DB7-416E-9AC0-6383F92652D5.jpeg
Views:	801
Size:	154.4 KB
ID:	157433
                                        What a great paint job and weathering!!! Love it!!! Jerry

Comment

• Originally posted by C17loadmaster View Post

Thanks for the tips. I'll need to look into mixing tailerons with flaperons. As for the batteries, I just went ahead and ordered from Admiral 4k pros. Figured I could probably use them for some 80mm platforms as well.

I'll get her patched up and back and on the deck by this weekend. Looking forward to it!

Comment

Working...
                                          X