Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you going 4S or 6S? Also, takeoff roll will be affected by your locations altitude.

Comment

• Originally posted by Prowler901 View Post
      Are you going 4S or 6S? Also, takeoff roll will be affected by your locations altitude.
      I am using 6S. I am also at 781 feet above sea level. Any thoughts on what takeoff roll would be? Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by kingneptune117 View Post

I am using 6S. I am also at 781 feet above sea level. Any thoughts on what takeoff roll would be? Thanks!
        Hey there kingneptune, Boots (Bob) here. She’ll get off the ground quick with the 4000 Admiral Pro, watch Pilot Ryan on the video:

Freewing 4S-Standard F-16 Falcon 70mm V2 EDF Jet - (Plug-N-Play) - PNP - FJ21113P The F-16C “Fighting Falcon” is a single-engine multirole fighter aircraft originally developed for the United States Air Force (USAF). Designed as an air superiority day fighter, the aircraft evolved into a successful all-weather multirol

The 4S gets up just as quick with a 3700 Roaring Top 45C. In the video from NEFI 2017 Pilot Ryan doesn’t advance the throttle till he is well clear of the flight line on this maiden flight. The narrow main gear can make it tricky so make sure she tracks straight!;)

Comment

• My 6S Arctic Camo version was delivered yesterday. I watch a fellow club member with his 4S version and thought it would be a fun no hassle EDF. Looks really good.

Mike
          \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Thanks for all the help guys. Any additional info is appreciated. Just wanted to say that this F-16 is truly awesome. Although I didn’t get to fly it much before I crashed it into the back of my car I can say it is the best looking EDF I have ever seen.

Comment

• I have the 6s arctic camo and the 4s F-16, as someone had said they both take up the same amount of runway for takeoff(no flaps). The club I mainly fly at only has a 330ft runway and it’s plenty.

Comment

• I needed to get some air in to the battery compartment so that I could cool the video equipment. I found this NACA duct on Thingiverse . The size was perfect. And, it went in really nice.

Comment

• Windy again, but couldn't resist putting our Arctic-16's up. Also brought out my F-86 and my uncle brought out his 64mm A-10. We didn't have a camera man to get some LOS footage, but here is the FPV videos I captured.

Comment

• Good stuff, Wricksta! :Cool:

What is your FPV setup?

Comment

• Thanks Prowler! On these planes my FPV setup is:

F-16
                      Runcam Swift2 v2
                      ImmersionRC 600mw video transmitter
                      Venom 800mah 2s battery

F-86
                      Runcam Swift2 v2
                      Foxeer TM600 vtx
                      Venom 800mah 2s battery

Fatshark Dominator V3 goggles
                      FuriousFPV receiver module
                      I was recording video through my Fatsharks, the signal breakups only showed on recording and not in my goggles.

Comment

• Cool. I have a Runcam Micro Sparrow in mine. I'm also using the ImmersionRC 600mW TX. For viewing I'm using the Quanum DIY goggles with a Quanum Diversity RX. My DVR is located in the plane.

Comment

• Nice setup! Let me know how you like the micro sparrow. My uncle's camera of choice is the micro swift because he prefers mounting camera in the canopy. It has nice picture quality, the only drawback we've noticed so far is that it doesn't handle light to dark transitions around dusk. Although the ImmersonRC vtx dip switches for channel/band selection are a PITA, it provides the best video signal of all the vtx's I've used.

Comment

• Thanks. So far I like the image quality of the Micro Sparrow. But, its wide screen aspect ratio is cutting off the lower portion of my Breeze OSD. So, I can't see some of the info down there concerning the battery. Fortunately my RX sends that telemetry back to my TX and I've got it set up with voice alerts for that.

Hey, does anyone have a placement diagram for the nomenclature graphics from Callie?

Comment

• If you have a short runway it helps to learn how to make this plane land slowly... Here is one of my good landings from last weekend.

Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                              I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Turning and Burning the V2

Comment

• Great landing but you ran the stop signLOL
                                  TiredIron Aviation
                                  Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
                                    Great landing but you ran the stop signLOL
                                    Dont ask, dont tell, haha! I really need brakes on this thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post
                                      If you have a short runway it helps to learn how to make this plane land slowly... Here is one of my good landings from last weekend.
                                      "That's the way you land"
                                      Absolutely, that was perfect:Cool:

TiredIron Aviation
                                      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post
                                        If you have a short runway it helps to learn how to make this plane land slowly... Here is one of my good landings from last weekend.
                                        Youve got it figured out, thats for sure! Two 3 minute flights is hard to get alot of practice in.

Comment

• WOW Guys! That was just some absolutely beautiful flying and awesome landings! Bravo Zulu! :Cool:

Comment

Working...
                                          X