• JLambCWU
    replied
    Originally posted by Bob Vincent View Post

have you tried flaperons on this one?
    What did I say?

Leave a comment:

• Bobaroo
    replied
    I find this one to be a very stable flyer. Even without a Gyro, mine flies Great !! No 'Shaking' to use your term. I am not really sure what shaking movements you are experiencing with yours but it seems uncharacteristic.

Plenty of great onboard and ground based videos on this one to view. Urrl and Gooniac, along with a few others, have posted some really great stuff !!! GL sorting it out ! Cheers

Leave a comment:

• Sam CS
    replied
    Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post

I do however completely agree with using the 9 blade which I see you did.
    Negative on 9 blade, it's a Freewing 6 blade 80mm and i think it's discontinued because Motion RC removed the link from their site. It was on sale for couple of month at least
    This is the link:

If you paste this in google: "Freewing 80mm 6-Blade EDF 6S Power System w/ 3525-2050kV Motor"
    Top search should show a 4.6 star search result to above EDF unit. It gives me error 404.

On stabs: i also forgot to include pics from the bottom. Stabs are reinforced with plywood cutouts to make sure they don't snap off. I'll mention that in the how--to tutorial.

Also, i had major shaking, I think it's due to the strong crosswind i had during this flight, specially when i was above the trees. FPV footage really captures the shakes. You can even see plane rolling left and right during landing from my wife's camera. Is that normal for this model? This is my first successful EDF, all is new to me and i don't usually get instability like that with warbirds while in crosswind.

Have a great weekend pilots!

Leave a comment:

• Bobaroo
    replied
    Originally posted by Sam CS View Post
    FreeWing F-16 v2 70mm Converted to 80mm
    Very NiceWork !!! Glad I could contribute in some small way. Cheers

Leave a comment:

• gooniac33
    replied
    Originally posted by Sam CS View Post
    i don't think that swapping out the stock fan for the 80mm metal housing 12 blade fan is worth the effort. I do however completely agree with using the 9 blade which I see you did. I had been wondering how it would work in the F-16 airframe and now see that you have done it. It looks to fly pretty good! Good job on the upgrade!

Leave a comment:

• Sam CS
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Sam CS
    replied
    Originally posted by Bobaroo View Post
    Yeah,.. I used FW F-5 80mm FFStab Pivot assemblies for mine. Other Guys have done similar stuff with the FW F/A-18E 64mm Pivots. Here's a link to that forum. Lotta good stuff over there as well. GL

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...wing-70mm-f-16
    Thanks dude for helping me get the right parts for the stabilizer. I was also looking at 90mm F-16 part set. Might be a little too big though.

I finished several mods
    Converted to 80mm 6s
    Horizontal Stabilizer (i took a bunch of pictures and short videos during the process to make a quick tutorial on it)
    Also did an FPV mod with Head Tracking.
    Dry weight: 1630g
    Sadly, thrust measured at 1716g

I love how it handles, its a rocket ship for sure. First few flights i got about 6 minutes on 4500 Admiral and about 8min on 5000. I was just cruising around, nothing special. I am sure it's a bit heavy compare to stock 70mm but, with full flaps it comes down nicely, i like it. Landing gear "upgraded" still suck. i got tired of gluing the plastic cover as i have to remove it to tweak the struts.. no more plastic covers lol. I thought about a landing gear mod but you know, maybe i should learn how to properly land the plane ;)
    To make the mold of rear section i used epoxy and some scrap wood. I did that before i butchered stabilizers and the fuse. Took about a week between family and work but, it was worth it. After molding was done, working on the stabs was easy and i wasn't worried about screwing around with proper angles and placement of the stabilizers. I also solidified elevator in-place by using a bit of epoxy. Those were brand new and i haven't broke the "factory seal" or i haven't flexed them. Worked out pretty good.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• urrl
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Bob Vincent
    replied
    Originally posted by JLambCWU View Post
    You can run flaperons from a 6 channel radio.

Left aileron in the aileron port, and the right aileron in the #6 port (generally flaps)

Select Flaperons in wing configuration.

Thats how all 5 of my F-16s are set up. 70 and 90mm

have you tried flaperons on this one?

Leave a comment:

• Bob Vincent
    replied
    So the common thought on these is still positive? Looks like a very smooth and predictable flyer. Lands a bit hot without flaps but that's ok. Are most going to the suspension gear or keeping the stock gear? Haven't read this entire thread yet so please excuse my cherry picking answers :D

Leave a comment:

• teknokraze
    replied
    I'm a bit confused as to how to measure the control surface throws. The manual says high rate aileron is 34mm. Where I'm confused though is whether or not that is only one direction of the throw? If so, that's full blown flap territory and I can't even get the full 34mm in one direction. So my thinking is this measurement is full up to full down, so more like 17mm per direction. Is my thinking correct?

Leave a comment:

• urrl
    replied
    Morning flight

Leave a comment:

• Aros
    replied
    Dang it I need to get another one...This is a great 70mm jet.

Leave a comment:

• urrl
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Drahcir
    replied
    Has anyone compared the performance of the inrunner version to one with a xrp 13 blade fan? And or a eflite f16. Is the performance comparable?

Leave a comment:

• urrl
    replied
    Thanks much! This mornings flight:

Leave a comment:

• Bobaroo
    replied
    VeryNice !! Smooth and Precise flying. Interesting also how much FLex those wings and Fixed portions of the Horizontal Stabs are exhibiting during your maneuvers !! 'GoodStuff' Cheers

Leave a comment:

• urrl
    replied

Leave a comment:

• bcrc
    replied
    Originally posted by Bobaroo View Post

Yes,.. Covered it here and on more thoroughly on RCGroups // Yes, used the existing Stabs, Fused the elevators and used the Pivot and Rod assemblies from another FW Jet and added Reinforcements to stiffen everything Flies Great !! Another Guy has done it also though I'm not sure he has flown his yet. I never flew mine stock. I find those tiny little Elevators on my F-16s 'Offensive' ... and on such a large and fast Jet, for me, it simply had to be done. Cheers !!
    You say that you covered it here and more thoroughly on RC Groups. Please give me specific directions of where/how to find these. Like post numbers/page and link to RC Groups.
    Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• Axeman
    replied
    I just put this jet together and was wondering if anyone has ran 2 3s batteries in the is plane.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X