X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mongo View Post
    those graphics on mine, are from callie graphics. never a nicer lady to work with, or a better artist to do what she does.
    Thanks again mongo!

I need to do some paint shopping as well as ordering from Callie.

Comment

• Got mine assembled, has the new 2150kv installed, have to say that whoever applied the decals did a pretty good job on mine, only a couple of them are just slightly crooked, it was kind of nice pulling it out of the box and assembling it and done, I hate applying decals anyway but when I do apply them I like em straight at least, it will bug me but after a flew flights but then I will forget about it..lol.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Flies great and very fast with this new 2150kv unit, what a rocket, very impressed with the speed it has, but I decided to stay with the big 120mm jets so this one will be for sale soon.

Comment

• Hello everyone,
          I have now received my kit, I am just waiting for the new 2150kv drive. In the meantime I wanted to insert a Nose Gear Brace Plate. I searched on thingiverse and 3dcult and found something, but unfortunately they don't really fit. Either the nosegear or the linkage is stuck and the part has no contact with the wall. I have now printed several times and it doesn't fit. Does anyone have an idea or a link to a better part or maybe even a suitable STL file for me?
          Thanks Klaus​

Comment

• Crashed my Skyhawk A4

Today during my second flight of the day my Skyhawk A4 went out of control after a looping.
            Just went into the bush, bad sound going in🤬
            At crash site it was in one piece, checking everything and found that elevator was loose.....👿
            I bought it second hand and this was my 3 flight with it performing rolls loops.

Easy repair but see pictures of crash reason.

Grts Hans

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1305.jpg
Views:	375
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	387277

Name:	IMG_1309.jpg
Views:	384
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	387276
            Attached Files

Comment

• Just picked up an A-4 from a friend at our field. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4035.jpg
Views:	1494
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	389141 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4036.jpg
Views:	323
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	389142 It was the Older version with the out-runner EDF. Waiting on Callie Graphics to complete. So far have ungraded the EDF to the 80mm 2150Kv in-runner with a Freewing afterburner. Also upgraded front nose gear with an Avanti nose shaft, 5.1 Retract servo (stock was 4.1) New nose gear steering arm (part#N527) freewing light controller, with a nose light from an F-15. Will be upgrading elevator servo with a Hitec HS5085 as soon as I get it from Motion. Then of course she will be coated with Matte Min Wax Poly to protect her.
              Hope the weather holds up here on Cape Cod to maiden when she is completed.

Comment

• Completed the build of my new A-4 Skyhawk. This was the older version that I got from a friend at our field with the 1850Kv out-runner EDF. Upgraded to the 80mm 2150Kv In-Runner with
                AR 10360T 10 Channel Receiver, Avanti Front gear with F-15 landing light. Also added some nav lights on the fuse, Hitec Elevator Servo - HS5085MG with a Freewing Afterburner. Of course applied 3 coats of Min Wax Matte finish poly to protect her.

Name:	IMG_4065.jpg
Views:	298
Size:	132.0 KB
ID:	390450 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4076.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	172.9 KB
ID:	390451 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4077.jpg
Views:	297
Size:	166.7 KB
ID:	390452 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4083.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	132.1 KB
ID:	390453
                Thanks to Callie Graphics for the VA-93 Blue Blazers "USS Enterprise" livery.
                Cold and windy weather has set in her on Cape Cod so she won't see the air till the spring. Until then I will look at her on the storage rack........​
                Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Cape Jets View Post
                  Completed the build of my new A-4 Skyhawk. This was the older version that I got from a friend at our field with the 1850Kv out-runner EDF. Upgraded to the 80mm 2150Kv In-Runner with
                  AR 10360T 10 Channel Receiver, Avanti Front gear with F-15 landing light. Also added some nav lights on the fuse, Hitec Elevator Servo - HS5085MG with a Freewing Afterburner. Of course applied 3 coats of Min Wax Matte finish poly to protect her.

Name:	IMG_4065.jpg
Views:	298
Size:	132.0 KB
ID:	390450 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4076.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	172.9 KB
ID:	390451 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4077.jpg
Views:	297
Size:	166.7 KB
ID:	390452 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4083.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	132.1 KB
ID:	390453
                  Thanks to Callie Graphics for the VA-93 Blue Blazers "USS Enterprise" livery.
                  Cold and windy weather has set in her on Cape Cod so she won't see the air till the spring. Until then I will look at her on the storage rack........​
                  Looks great, but no hump, that's the best part...

I also put mine up on the storage rack, not because of winter coming but I have two other projects I'm flying for now, the scooter is always a blast to fly and the high alpha landings are a thing of beauty. Good Luck on your flights with her.

Comment

• Cape Jets WOW, beautiful repaint. Bravo Zulu, Sir.. Best, LB
                    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Hello

a friend of mine designed a good fitting NOSE GEAR BRACE PLATE
                      maybe someone needs one

I designed this stop for the nose landing gear on behalf of one of my fellow pilots. All the parts I had found so far did not really meet my expectations. The part can be printed directly without support and installed directly without further post-processing. The part was designed to allow access to the chassis screws.

Have fun

Comment

• So sad to contact Callie - I'll do the Israeli version but no response for weeks - tried three times with two different emails. Does anyone have any idea what's going on? Could it be that my email from Germany ends up directly in SPAM?

Comment

• Originally posted by fetzer View Post
                          So sad to contact Callie - I'll do the Israeli version but no response for weeks - tried three times with two different emails. Does anyone have any idea what's going on? Could it be that my email from Germany ends up directly in SPAM?
                          Hmmm that is strange she isn't responding, I just got my decals about a month ago from her, maybe put a different title in your email and try it again.

Comment

• Hey,

I have about 10 or so flights on this bird and have some flap/landing questions because this bird has been a handful to land. I usually fly with the drop tanks. What flap settings (in mm) do you guys usually use and what elevator mix do you put with it? I find myself using half of what the official Motion RC video uses for flaps because when I use more it wants to tip stall really aggressively.

Thanks

Comment

• Pretty sure I am at book values. I have never had mine tip stall with well over 100 flights.

Comment

• That's kinda' strange, i find the skykawk quite easy to land, never any tip stall's on landing, maybe you CG is off? of course you need to keep the speed up a bit on landing..

Take a look at my carrrier landing video, it shows the flap deployment good, as well as my landing speed and AOA

Good luck!

Comment

• I use a 5000 admiral and put the cg about 1 cm forward of what it typically asks with gear up (since the gear shifts the weight due to it traveling backward when coming down for both nose and mains). I find the freewing A-6 also sort of doing this. How much throttle do you use turning on base and final? I’ve wondered if I cut the throttle back too much on base.

Comment

• That is strange your tip stalling the Skyhawk, I've had 3 of them and not one tip stalled on me, hmm, your aft CG may be off, I flew with drop tanks as well, I set my full flaps about 5 mm from touching the drop tanks, 1- 2 mm of up trim with full flaps is all that I needed, use flight modes, makes life so much easier when you trim for full flaps, 1/2 flaps, gear down and gear up, I had my A-4 on flight modes and it would almost land itself, it was to easy actually, its like cheating

Comment

• Originally posted by ggillila View Post
                                      I use a 5000 admiral and put the cg about 1 cm forward of what it typically asks with gear up (since the gear shifts the weight due to it traveling backward when coming down for both nose and mains). I find the freewing A-6 also sort of doing this. How much throttle do you use turning on base and final? I’ve wondered if I cut the throttle back too much on base.
                                      The CG on my plane is 10mm aft of the book setting and that is checked with the gear up and upside down. I have marks on the upper wing surface that help. I usually fly the plane with an Admiral 4000 but have numerous flights on it with the 5000. Full flap setting is set with the trailing edge just barely touching the drop tanks. My plane has a GPS and I’ve found her approach speed to be around 38-42mph, she settles into a nice stable nose high approach and touchdown is always good with an occasional grease job now and then. My TX has a gyro in it and it has three modes, safe, normal, and off. I have never used safe and I always fly it in normal with a 30% gain setting. I have never experienced a tip stall with this plane and I have many flights on her over the last two years.

Richard

Comment

• Sounding like a cg and speed issue, thanks guys

Comment

• Hello everyone.

The conversion of my Skyhawk from the standard Freewing paint job to Jesper's TopGun machine is almost finished.

😀 I still have to adjust the wheel arches. It's not 100% scale e.g. pilot's name 😁but definitely 100% inspired by TopGun. The tank trunk is 3D printed (thanks Mike for the help with the design) and the stickers were created with the help of Frank Born (thanks for the masks and stencils). Don't be surprised, it's sleet in Germany, I'm in my Sunday afternoon outfit and the pictures were taken under the carport - pictures of the Skyhawk in its natural environment weren't possible today, but I didn't want to wait to share the results with you.​

Thanks to Veronika (dragonfly-art) for teaching airbrush basics 😄

Click image for larger version  Name:	20240107_153916 (Groß).jpg Views:	0 Size:	140.2 KB ID:	394278 Click image for larger version  Name:	20240107_154108_ (Groß).jpg Views:	0 Size:	67.0 KB ID:	394273 Click image for larger version  Name:	20240107_154120_ (Groß).jpg Views:	0 Size:	73.0 KB ID:	394274 Click image for larger version  Name:	20240107_154230 (Groß).jpg Views:	0 Size:	131.4 KB ID:	394275 Click image for larger version  Name:	20240107_154352 (Groß).jpg Views:	0 Size:	235.9 KB ID:	394276 Click image for larger version  Name:	20240107_161007 (Groß).jpg Views:	0 Size:	115.8 KB ID:	394277
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X