First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I tend to use my thumbs. Shorter & stronger than the index finger
    My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• Saw this today, Ypsilanti, MI. Nicely restored. Always great to see one of these up close.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by e4dragongunner View Post
        AHHHH another Jeti man! Love it !!!
        Just purchased my DS16 and the A-4 will be the 1st ship on this new set. Absolutely love the flexibility and command this radio has.
        I had the Taranis x3 and lost several planes because of signal loss. So, it's pay me now or pay me later. The Jeti does not have any range problems and with its many options it will last as long as you are in this hobby. A little learning curve but the website has many how-to videos and you don't have to read the manual. You won't regret buying this quality radio. It outperforms all the rest no matter the price.
        The best!

Comment

• What is a taranis x3?

I use the taranis x9D and have zero signal issues.
          Did you use a receiver that had been in a crash? Did you ever check rssi (taranis shows rssi) before flying?
          Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• Originally posted by seaviper View Post
            What is a taranis x3?

I use the taranis x9D and have zero signal issues.
            Did you use a receiver that had been in a crash? Did you ever check rssi (taranis shows rssi) before flying?
            Same Taranis but three different transmitters and a bunch of receivers (had over $1K in this stuff) range checked all. I'm glad I switched to the Jeti - no more problems. We had several folks at the field that had similar problems - must have been a bad batch of equipment. Jeti will be the last system I will ever need.
            Take care.

Comment

• Originally posted by TPS View Post

Same Taranis but three different transmitters and a bunch of receivers (had over $1K in this stuff) range checked all. I'm glad I switched to the Jeti - no more problems. We had several folks at the field that had similar problems - must have been a bad batch of equipment. Jeti will be the last system I will ever need.
              Take care.
              AMEN!! LOVE MY DS16. Pricey, but IMHO the Best!!!
              Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Thanks!

After a few proofs were adjusted to fit the FW A-4 the Decals have been shipped from Callie Graphics...update soon :)

Here's the model I am modelling...Ha ha.

Comment

• I've been flying this bird quite a bit lately, great flying plane.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180403_225608992_iOS.jpg
Views:	436
Size:	383.5 KB
ID:	127309

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180403_225556116_iOS.jpg
Views:	448
Size:	258.6 KB
ID:	127308
                  TiredIron Aviation
                  Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Hey Gman...........What the hell is that green stuff and bright glare in TI's pic. Totally distracted me for about 5 minutes before I noticed he was showing off the A-4 LOL
                    Warbird Charlie
                    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Down here in the South we call it grass...

Comment

• I'm not sure, but see the light at the end of the green stuff? Go toward the light!!:Sun::Sun:

Looks like some kind of fur, scared the hell out of me at first, thought TI had been abducted by aliens and taken on their green furry space ship:eyeswide
                        E.T. GO HOME

Grossman56
                        Team Gross!

Comment

• i used to have a yellow models A-4 with the scale wing, OS 90 and a Ramtec fan, sweetest flying jet i ever had, just ordered the freewing one, if its half as good as the Yellow one it will be a winner

Comment

• It's better
                            Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• I'm not sure if this link will work (posting from work) - here's short video my buddy shot of my Scooter landing yesterday. I cut the throttle... and it just glided .... and glided... all the way down the runway and touched down near the end.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2015777512075820&id=100009307 727235
                              Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• MD...........link won't work if your not a FB user. Some of us ol' skool vets just won't. ;)
                                Warbird Charlie
                                HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• So ok, I strung together 4 short clips from one of my flights on Sunday, and uploaded it to YouTube. Now everyone can see my crappy landing! (It wasn't that bad, I just didn't slow down enough!)

Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Originally posted by themudduck View Post
                                    So ok, I strung together 4 short clips from one of my flights on Sunday, and uploaded it to YouTube. Now everyone can see my crappy landing! (It wasn't that bad, I just didn't slow down enough!)

https://youtu.be/fxqS8BQj0WY
                                    Thanx MD ;) Is that your own private strip and if so what is the ball park dollar invested for the geotex runway?
                                    Warbird Charlie

Comment

• Unfortunately I have ulnar nerve neuropathy and my fingers are not what they use to be. Too many service related surgeries on my hands. I try to find all the tools I can to help me with my flying. You are blessed to be able to use your fingers without difficulty. Blessings.

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

Thanx MD ;) Is that your own private strip and if so what is the ball park dollar invested for the geotex runway?
                                        The video was at our AMA club field, the Mentor Area Radio Control Society (MARCS) in Geneva OH. The Geotex was purchased in 2010 and is still in excellent shape. We purchased four 15' x 300' rolls for $3800. (the runway is 45' x 300', we used three rolls and the last roll was for pit lanes - we saved most of it for future repairs.) All we did was smooth the dirt (like a road) and tamp it down first, then the fabric was stapled to the ground using long staples. Each spring we have to go out and press them back in (frost heave) with our shoes. That's exactly what I did two weeks ago!

Comment

• Originally posted by themudduck View Post

The video was at our AMA club field, the Mentor Area Radio Control Society (MARCS) in Geneva OH. The Geotex is about 6-7 years old and is still in excellent shape. I don't remember the exact cost, it wasn't cheap. I want to say $4000 to $8000 but I don't remember. I can try to look it up for you. We purchased three 20'-wide rolls and the runway is 300 feet long. All we did was smooth the dirt and tamp it down first, then the fabric was stapled to the ground using long staples. Each spring we have to go out and press them back in (frost heave) with our shoes. That's exactly what I did two weeks ago!
                                          Thanx for the pricing insight, was inquiring for application on my own recently acquired airstrip called BWA
                                          That price is pretty hefty so we (my dad, brother & I) will keep it hammered flat with a ride on 1-1/2 ton vibratory roller that dad acquired on the cheap(<$250) just for this purpose. :)
                                          Warbird Charlie

Comment

Working...
                                          X