X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve,

Bringing your A-4 & F4 to Jet Jam ? I'm 98% sure I'm going.
    Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
    Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
    I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Now, if someone brings a Blue Angels F-4 to Nefi, we could get a few pictures of a Bearcat, a Skyhawk and a Phantom all in BA colors,:Cool::Cool: too cool!!
      Someone was doing a Phantom, Right:Confused:.

Grossman56
      Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by dahawk View Post
        Steve,

Bringing your A-4 & F4 to Jet Jam ? I'm 98% sure I'm going.
        Can't make both JJ and NEFI. Already committed to NEFI so not this year for JJ. I want to go next year though.

Comment

• OK I am posting this here, because its an aerial video shot from my Skyhawk. I mentioned this new 3D-printed camera box on another thread and I thought I'd post the test video that I took.Click image for larger version  Name:	20180520_174715cr.jpg Views:	2 Size:	153.3 KB ID:	134134
          I hate sticking the camera on the plane with velcro, ruining the paint etc.
          So I had this idea for a camera mount.
          A buddy of mine designed a box that a Mobius camera fits into, and the box fits onto any "female" weapons station. Pictured here!
          I wouldn't say this design is "ready for prime time" yet, but I think it works pretty well. I had the camera box on the outboard station, with nothing on the opposite wing. The aileron trim was off a bit but I don't know if it was because of this, so I want to do some more testing.

Anyway the video is pretty cool. This is from last Sunday evening. I took off into the sun, so the color is washed out facing west. But I got some great views of the countryside going the other way.
          I was happy there wasn't much vibration.
          I would recommend turning the sound down, because the slipstream is really loud!
          4 minute flight, using a Admiral 5000mah 6S.
          I am not proud of the "Carrier Landing" - I used flaps but failed to flare, my bad - but I didn't break anything. Its a tough little bird.

LINK TO YOUTUBE VIDEO - A4 SKYHAWK
          Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Looks good! Love the setup. And landing looked good to me. :)
            My YouTube RC videos:
            https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• I believe what we just seen there is the new hotness!
              very cool setup

Comment

• Great !
                Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Oh Aros, you would not have liked the landing if you saw it from my point of view... I really slammed it in hard... but in the video it doesn't look so bad. hahahaha I'm glad about that!

Anyway guys, the camera could be mounted on any weapons station, an any Freewing plane that has weapon pylons. And of course you could install a new mounting plate anywhere that you want (available from MRC in the 90mm F16 spare parts page, or you could print one, like this one that APMECH1 designed)
                  and then the camera box could be snapped onto a lot of different places. For example on the belly of the F4 or the A10 (they don't come with a mount there but its easy to add one) I'll have fun experimenting with this during the upcoming flying season.

I'll share a link to the 3D parts soon so that if any of you are interested you can do this too. And if you twist my arm I could print the parts for you for a small fee, like $2 or a few donuts....
                  Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• themudduck, thanks for being one of the guys spearheading this 3DP initiative for our aircraft. The racing drone guys shouldn't be the only ones having fun with 3DP! Your camera mount is another great design, well thought out, practical, and instantly useful for so many of us who enjoy filming flights.
                    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• thank you guys very much!! I'll get it posted on Thingiverse soon so others can try it out. It doesn't take long to print.

Comment

• Originally posted by themudduck View Post
                        thank you guys very much!! I'll get it posted on Thingiverse soon so others can try it out. It doesn't take long to print.
                        What camera(s) fit it best? I want to get one and start adding that perspective to my flights.

Comment

• Cool setup. I've wanted to try one of those 360degeee cams on a flight video

Comment

• The box I designed is specifically to fit the Mobius "action cam" camera, which is a very popular type. I just got tired of trying to use it with velcro, rubber bands, etc.
                            This camera is available with at least two kinds of lenses but the camera size is the same.
                            Here's a picture of the camera.

Image result for mobius camera

Comment

• Great job!! I don't own a camera for the birds.... (yet) That looks lie a winner!!

Comment

• Progress on the RNZAF A-4 had come to a halt this week due to remodeling the house!! I hope to have some new pics and progress up by tomorrow...:Cool: Remember our vets who have paid the ultimate price for our freedom!!!

Comment

• Pics of my Skyhawk. Done in VA-66 Waldos as they were for the 1966 Med Cruise. I was in VA-66 in 1979-1980 when they were on the Eisenhower and flying A-7's.

Comment

• Nice looking Scooter Evan. Thank you for your service. I think it is really cool that someone can model a livery that they are familiar with first hand.

Comment

• Well, the pics didn't happen because painting the bird didn't happen!!! But it did today.... ;) Will try to post a few more in a bit.

Comment

• Still have one drop tank to do.... Should have done it at the same time as the other one. :Confused: Then the graphics from Callie for the RNZAF!

Comment

• Looking really good sir. Going to be one sharp looking Scooter for sure. :Cool:

Comment

Working...
                                          X