Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mine is ordered! Order 259981

Comment

• I have a year-round flying season, but more in the winter than the summer because of the heat here. So far I've only got 20 flights on my A-10. But you can bet that by the end of the year I should have about 100 on that and the A-4. ;)
      Pat

Comment

• I live 20 min from the warehouse. Should receive mine in 1st shipping wave... will post as soon as I do! :-)
        Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• I envy you guys with paved runways. Want one in the worst way. Even thinking of selling my F7F Tigercat to help fund. Our grass field is a good one but I'm afraid these little wheels will get hung up. So, I'll wait it out to hear grass field ops reports and also wait for the Arf+ to become available as I have a 80mm power setup waiting in the wings.
          Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
          Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
          I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	149.7 KB
ID:	91120
            Originally posted by roys001 View Post
            Love the pictures. Having Evelyn walking with the plane really adds scale.
            Yeah...I love this shot! It looks like Evelyn is walking her new pet Skyhawk! :)

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

Charlie, are you seriously considering coming to eWeek? That would be totally awesome if you did.
              Serious, got the launch OK from the admiral.;) Gotta touch base with TI before the weekend is over and get some logistics with what he's planning. :Cool:
              Can't believe you missed this posting
              Warbird Charlie
              HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Ordered mine earlier today! Can't wait!
                Big time propeller head
                Love flying scale and 3D
                Currently building a GP SE5A

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

Charlie, are you seriously considering coming to eWeek? That would be totally awesome if you did.
                  It really would! We'll treat you so many ways you're bound to like one of them ;)
                  TiredIron Aviation
                  Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by xplaneguy View Post
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	149.7 KB
ID:	91120 Yeah...I love this shot! It looks like Evelyn is walking her new pet Skyhawk! :)
                    I was thinking the same thing. I could just hear her saying under her breath.."Heel!"..

Comment

• Okay, really got it ordered this time..............LOL

Comment

• Okay...I'm sucked in! I guess I'm not gonna wait for the B.A. version...I'll just have to paint it up myself and add Callie's graphics.;)

BTW...nice touch that MRC is donating portions of the proceeds to the A-4 Skyhawk Association.

Sean

Comment

• Got my pre-order in. Now the waiting starts.

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

Serious, got the launch OK from the admiral.;) Gotta touch base with TI before the weekend is over and get some logistics with what he's planning. :Cool:
                            Can't believe you missed this posting
                            https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/th...0917#post90917
                            I saw it but it took me until I saw you mention it here to finally get the chance to respond. ;)

Comment

• Pre-orders in......my first 80mm following on from the Rebel V2 and Stinger 90.

Comment

• So here are the liveries available from Callie. No BA as of yet. Still seems an impressive list.
                                Just confirming in case I missed it, The A4 will come naked correct?

Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Ok... think I have found my scheme! :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by dahawk View Post
                                    I envy you guys with paved runways. Want one in the worst way. Even thinking of selling my F7F Tigercat to help fund. Our grass field is a good one but I'm afraid these little wheels will get hung up. So, I'll wait it out to hear grass field ops reports and also wait for the Arf+ to become available as I have a 80mm power setup waiting in the wings.
                                    You might have think outside of the box or in this case outside of the club airfield. The two nearest airfields near me are all turf and would limit me to only certain types of airplanes I could fly. So I did not see the point of even bothering with them if I had to pay a yearly due. So that led me in meeting some other local pilots that were flying at this unfinished commercial lot with new streets going through it that made for the perfect runway.
                                    I recommend trying to search around your area for a spot that would be ideal to fly off pavement. You can use the satellite images from google maps to search for potential sites. Then once you find an area you can check to see if there are any flight restrictions in that area with an RC airspace map. Here is a good National air space map you can search your area in.

Comment

• Thanks
                                      Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                                      Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                                      I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Hawk,

This is from the product description:

"The Freewing 80mm A-4E/F Skyhawk features all new fold-and-twist retracts, with durable aluminum trailing link struts for confident operation on rough grass runways."

And I think Ryan said they'll be getting grass ops video soon too.
                                        Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                                          Hawk,

This is from the product description:

"The Freewing 80mm A-4E/F Skyhawk features all new fold-and-twist retracts, with durable aluminum trailing link struts for confident operation on rough grass runways."

And I think Ryan said they'll be getting grass ops video soon too.
                                          I went ahead and ordered on their word it would fly off of grass runways. I do have a problem with no grass field operations videos. The latest video shows flights off of the same runway that the A-10 was flown from with a grass take off and landing beside the paved runway showing the A-10's grass runway capabilities, but not the A-4...
                                          It sure would have boosted pre-order sales, I would think if they had one... Hey, but what the hell do I know??? I'm just some dumb RC pilot that spends a ton of money on RC planes instead of saving for retirement... No BSA college degree here...

Comment

Working...
                                          X