Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awesome post john! Man i cant wait for mine!!! Cmon snail mail dont fail me now! :p

Comment

• Great news! Thanks Alpha! Just in time for "Warbirds over Grapevine" our fundraiser for Snowball Express.
      Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
      Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
      I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post
        Click image for larger version Name:	Admiral 6s 4000 Placement.jpg Views:	1 Size:	67.0 KB ID:	94625

Not too keen on the battery strap location.........looks like an immediate mod is required for a more central secure location like at the center area of the battery. ;)
        How'd that get past ya Alpha??

There are two cutouts in the battery tray for the velcro strap. I use the rear cutout because I don't have velcro on the batteries here, and pinning the narrowest part of the battery is the most secure way to keep it from sliding aft. Users can relocate the battery strap to the forward cutout (which would place the strap just about the middle of the Admiral 4000).
        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Thats a big old battery bay!

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post

There are two cutouts in the battery tray for the velcro strap. I use the rear cutout because I don't have velcro on the batteries here, and pinning the narrowest part of the battery is the most secure way to keep it from sliding aft. Users can relocate the battery strap to the forward cutout (which would place the strap just about the middle of the Admiral 4000).
            In my models, I often use a big hunk of soft foam to fill the empty space in the compartment and keep the battery from sliding around.
            Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Mmm... 8s. I'd love to know the height of the battery bay under the canopy's locking mechanism...

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha10 View Post
                Mmm... 8s. I'd love to know the height of the battery bay under the canopy's locking mechanism...
                I'm smellin' what your steppin' in there Alpha10... LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post
                  Click image for larger version Name:	Admiral 6s 4000 Placement.jpg Views:	1 Size:	67.0 KB ID:	94625

Not too keen on the battery strap location.........looks like an immediate mod is required for a more central secure location like at the center area of the battery. ;)
                  How'd that get past ya Alpha??
                  I'll definitely be adding a 2nd battery strap..

Comment

• Thanks Alpha... The manual on my A4 has the amended CG as per pic..

Comment

• That is not the same image that Alpha posted. The reference point was further forward in Alphas post. Let me just double check to make sure.... It looks like the CG is at the same place in both pics but the reference point is definitely different and could potentially lead to errors if going by a ruler.

Comment

• Great detailed info, Alpha!

I fly the A-4 Skyhawk at 175mm CG range with Admiral 5000 battery all the way forward and no external stores. My finger tips are placed approximately 1/2 inch inside of the wing fences shown below. With tanks and missiles on, I'm at approximately 165-170mm.

Comment

• Cant wait! Im from the UK so will mine arrive in the US and then be shipped across the pond or will there be a shipment coming to Europe?
                          Currently Fly: Durafly Spitfire MkVb, Eflite P47 1100mm, Parkzone FW190A-8, Parkzone SE5a, Dynam Tiger Moth, Eleven Hobby Bearcat, Parkzone Mosquito MKVI, Durafly Tundra
                          Unflyable: Durafly Sea Vixen, Parkzone T28 (In temporary storage in tree)
                          Retired: Hobbyzone Delta Ray 'Frankenplane'
                          Wanted: Freewing A4

Comment

• Originally posted by xplaneguy View Post
                            Great detailed info, Alpha!

I fly the A-4 Skyhawk at 175mm CG range with Admiral 5000 battery all the way forward and no external stores. My finger tips are placed approximately 1/2 inch inside of the wing fences shown below. With tanks and missiles on, I'm at approximately 165-170mm.
                            Hey Tony, where are you measuring from?

Comment

• I gotta get with the program. This makes 5 birds that I haven't maidened yet. 1600mm Spit, 1700mm A-10, F-14 (my ver 3), BVM KingCat Turbine.. oh and now the A-4. Sheesh, I can't keep up!

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                                That is not the same image that Alpha posted. The reference point was further forward in Alphas post. Let me just double check to make sure.... It looks like the CG is at the same place in both pics but the reference point is definitely different and could potentially lead to errors if going by a ruler.
                                It looked the same to me.

Comment

• Compare the front reference point in both images.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimbobtheflimbob View Post
                                    Cant wait! Im from the UK so will mine arrive in the US and then be shipped across the pond or will there be a shipment coming to Europe?
                                    Check Turbines Rc in France .. They are Freewing vendors & have the A-4 on preorder..

Comment

• i already bought one direct from motionrc since i couldn't bear to wait for shops in the UK to put up the pre order page
                                      Currently Fly: Durafly Spitfire MkVb, Eflite P47 1100mm, Parkzone FW190A-8, Parkzone SE5a, Dynam Tiger Moth, Eleven Hobby Bearcat, Parkzone Mosquito MKVI, Durafly Tundra
                                      Unflyable: Durafly Sea Vixen, Parkzone T28 (In temporary storage in tree)
                                      Retired: Hobbyzone Delta Ray 'Frankenplane'
                                      Wanted: Freewing A4

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                                        Compare the front reference point in both images.
                                        Could it be one pic is an Admiral 4000 and the other a 5000???

Comment

• Originally posted by TomPatton View Post

Could it be one pic is an Admiral 4000 and the other a 5000???
                                          Compare the two...

Click image for larger version

Name:	fetch-4.jpg
Views:	852
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	94717
                                          Click image for larger version

Name:	fetch-5.jpg
Views:	921
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	94718
                                          Do you see the difference at the front of the wing?

Comment

Working...
                                          X