X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
    Some video of RCJetDude's Hawk at eWeek...

Nice video George. You really need to teach me how to use your big camera so I can get video of your flights.

Comment

Morning Ryan & Alpha .. Any update on ETA ? Also what is the ETA on the optional gear ? Want to order both at the same time ? Thanks in advance for your reply ... B.T.W - loving my A4 and Avanti .... Still cant get my f16 to fly right .. love the looks but cant get it dialed in ..

Comment

I had a blast flying my gray version today. I am seeing over 6 minute flights on the RT 5800 35C battery. It comes down barely warm with 30% left on it. It has a lot more power than I realized so you end up flying around at 1/2 throttle but it is there when you want it. Today was mostly just opening it up to see what it could do. Off a Geotex surface it is airborne in 100' with half flaps and will climp out of sight at a 45 degree angle. I think it is a good combination of fan/motor for the size/weight of the plane. This is my first experience with a 70mm EDF but I am more than pleased with it. It doesn't have the level of detail that the FMS 80mm Hawk has but it is $100 less and every bit as fast it not faster.

Comment

I want one
          Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
          Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
          I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

Originally posted by Felixs10 View Post
            Morning Ryan & Alpha .. Any update on ETA ? Also what is the ETA on the optional gear ? Want to order both at the same time ? Thanks in advance for your reply ... B.T.W - loving my A4 and Avanti .... Still cant get my f16 to fly right .. love the looks but cant get it dialed in ..
            This will be available early November. Upon release the landing gear and all spare parts will be available as well. We will be sure to let everyone know here and throughout our social channels when it is off pre-order and in stock.

Comment

Well, Christmas came early! Just want to let you all know that the Hawk's have arrived in the warehouse and are available for purchase now! Pre-orders have started shipping, so you all should be able to be flying these birds very soon! We especially can't wait to see what everyone does to their base gray schemes.

Happy flying!

Comment

Thank you as always to our pre-order customers. We're pleased to be able to ship out the Freewing 70mm Hawk T1 three weeks earlier than the "Mid-November" ETA that we posted on the product page. Your faith in us is deeply appreciated! Whenever possible, we try to minimize the waiting time between pre-order start and product arrival. I'm glad we produced these back in July and had them waiting in the wings.

Show us what you do with yours!
                Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Thanks MRC and team. I love mine...flies great!

Comment

I'm in. Found a way to rub 2 nickels together and ordered the Arf+. Talked with expert reviewers Rcjetdude, Pilot Ryan and Captain Mike and they all give it rave reviews. Good enough for me!

Gonna transplant my 2200kv 14B XRP from my F16 v2. I love the wide stance and yes, the lights are a nice bonus.

Looking forward to getting this girl in the air!

Hawk

Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39

Comment

Thanks Hawk you're going to love it. I just pulled the trigger as well. I got the strutgades as well. Can't wait! We can't let the Captain have all the fun can we?

Comment

Please excuse all the noise, we had a crowd at the fly-in (which is a good thing).

TiredIron Aviation
                        Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Thanks for the vid George. I have ordered a set of upgrade retracts for it to try out. She is a fun flier.

Comment

Originally posted by Felixs10 View Post
                            Thanks! They're here and so are the gear! Wohoo!

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan@Motion/ryramZ View Post
                              Thanks Hawk you're going to love it. I just pulled the trigger as well. I got the strutgades as well. Can't wait! We can't let the Captain have all the fun can we?
                              Excellent Ryan!

Comment

Forgot about the struts- sigh. I'll have to be the strut-less wonder for now. Lol

C'mon Goony, you got to get in on this !

Comment

I can't get over how good yours looks Steve. I almost got gray but wanted to keep my bench cleared for the time being. ;

Comment

Thanks Ryan. It's not real fancy but it turned out well. The performance is what I can't get over.

Comment

I just watched your video at George's I can tell you're having fun. I love the lights!

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan@Motion/ryramZ View Post
                                        I just watched your video at George's I can tell you're having fun. I love the lights!
                                        It's unreal how this thing performs....how is a 70mm this fast and stable?
                                        TiredIron Aviation
                                        Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

OK guy; this is not at all a complaint so don't reed that into it; just an observation. I love this new bird! I think it looks great and I would buy one in a second but, and this is a big but. It's not an Avanti S. OK OK yes it cheaper but, I think Freewing and MRC are forgetting that most of us fly off grass and probably half of the grass guys like me are flying off not well groomed grass so undercarriage is a BIG consideration. The number one reassign I bought the Avanti S was because of the big wheels and the all aluminum spring trailing arm undercarriage. The undercarriage on this plane is not going to do well on not so good grass fields, wheels are to small no springs on the struts just not going to work for me so I'm not going to buy one of these. Yes there is an upgrade undercarriage available but that puts this plane right at $300 and for another $30 I can have the Avanti S and even at $300 it's still not going to have the Avanti S undercarriage so I'm just going to be disappointed in this bird so I'm not going to get one. Now, ( I hope you are listening MRC ) If this bird had the Avanti S undercarriage in it and it was $249.00 I'd be all over this because yes it's still not an Avanti S but it's a lot closer and It's cheaper and I could fly it off my field so now it would be worth buying. I wish all the manufactures would remember most of us fly off grass and need big wheel and sturdy undercarriage on these planes. I doubt that it's the only reassign that the Avanti S is selling so well but I'm sure it is one of the reassigns it is selling so well. OK so before you all start telling me that you fly off pavement or good grass and so on just let me add this.. not one of the 60+ guys I fly with at the two different fields I fly at are on any of these forums, follow any of these threads hell half of them don't even have smart phones let alone internet so they didn't know these planes even exist till they saw me fly my Avanti S. There is a HUGE population of flyers that don't have a voice on the internet but do buy airplanes. 7 guys ran up to me this weekend when I got to the fields to tell me MRC has the Avanti S back in stock and I just ordered mine. :Cool: I did mention in one of Ryan's videos about the Flightline Sea Fury that it didn't have lights so I would not be a player for that model and now he is saying that he thinks all of the new birds he thinks will have lights so I'm sure I was not the only one that talked about the lack of lights so I hope you are listening about the undercarriage and maybe V2 will come with better landing gear. Keep up the great work MRC.

Kenny

Comment

Working...
                                          X