Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've not tried yet to look up appropriate FS colors for the winter splinter scheme. Been too busy with the Mig and other models. Probably won't until it gets in my hands.
    Pat

Comment

• I'm getting tired of clicking on the Gripen, the TVs and my order to see that there's something, anything, happening with this.

I find it crazy that the website still says late October for the plane and notify me when BACK in stock for the TVs. Who's responsible for updating the information?

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
        I'm getting tired of clicking on the Gripen, the TVs and my order to see that there's something, anything, happening with this.

I find it crazy that the website still says late October for the plane and notify me when BACK in stock for the TVs. Who's responsible for updating the information?
        Have you noticed it’s not the same old motion rc anymore?

Comment

• Blame it on... Covid? Politics?

Comment

Blame it on... Covid? Politics?
            $$$$$

Comment

• Quickstop Evan D I would think it is also 'growing pains'. So many new categories and products. Just visiting the website is encyclopedic. I like what's happening, just hope their great customer service does not suffer. Best, LB
              I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
              ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
                Quickstop Evan D I would think it is also 'growing pains'. So many new categories and products. Just visiting the website is encyclopedic. I like what's happening, just hope their great customer service does not suffer. Best, LB
                Point is they’re not saying anything, i got a notification from amazon that my package was going to be one day late. I don’t expect them to text me but they obviously know it’s late so at least update the website. How long does it take to add one sentence to the website

Comment

• Exactly and add to the TV link that it's expected in the container with the first Gripen shipment. It's one thing not to know but they know and are putting the info out in other, less official ways...

Comment

• The Pre-Order process can be fine and works. However, I think I’d rather see a new aircraft announcement occur when the product is immediately available to purchase and in stock the same day. The “Surprise! We have a new jet. Get yours today” type this is more fun.

Also, this reels me in more and provides me with less time to want a different product. It is more of a hook, line, and sinker for me.

Comment

• Evan, you okay there bud?

Comment

• Does it show?

Originally posted by HockeyMac! View Post
                        Evan, you okay there bud?

Comment

Does it show?
                          James made a comment with regard to the Gripen delivery to the US on the Motion RC Live Show today. Mostly, it is a shipment issue as Europe received their shipment already and this time before the US. Best, LB
                          I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                          ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• I use to preorder anything new I wanted, now I wait, I know longer need one that bad and just don't bother with preorder, I hate the wait and checking for a shipment notice all the time, so sit back and take it easy, it will get here when it gets here.............

Comment

• Guys @ motion as mentioned by someone else here, the time from reveal to delivery is not a plus. Probably like some, I look at new product over and over decide, yes I must have this. Then insert payment thinking wait is acceptable, but maybe just maybe it will be sooner rather than late b/c these guys totally want to over deliver an blow our minds. Sadly that's not what's happening on this l product. In terms of innovation and awesome yep I'm a big fan. so slightly disappointed on delivery, but really who else is brining the edfs like these guys. Alpha Thank You! I get it nothing is perfect delivery, product, etc... but you guys seem to give it your best.

Comment

• I work in an industry that is notorious for broken schedules and disappointments, residential construction. I always joke that it's contractors and doctors who are stuck with the greeting, "Sorry to keep you waiting, now for the bad news." It drives me nuts because I live to be accountable, as well as deliver a great product. I set false deadlines for subcontractors thinking a buffer will keep me on schedule and meet expectations. Only some of the time it works, most of the time, I am still stressed because that balance of time, money, and quality is so tenuous. And expectations are directly connected to one of those principles of the transaction. The thing I find as my hair begins to grey, is that communication often soothes missed expectations, not always but often enough. And when I am forced to say, sorry to keep you waiting, before someone asks me WTF?, I feel if I say it early enough, I'm still aligned with my accountable nature. Maybe I'm just blowing air here, I have a tendency to do that, but I can easily understand the expectations. And if you create and utilize a forum to present the goods, perhaps using it to present the bads, would ease and appease the high expectations that come with a reputation of good products and services. Just my two cents, keep up the good work! I can't imagine what it's like to keep up with the demand in these times. My experiences with MRC have been nothing but good. And that's not even comparing them with my experiences with the alternatives.

I can't wait to see the Gripen...

Comment

• All I'm saying is update the web page. That should be the one place that has the current information about a plane and accessories. Not just this but notices, recalls, updates... Another thing is there's no where I see that they show the upgraded 23g MiG servo for sale or preorder.

Saying things in a podcast, on Farcebook or in these threads is nice (if they did it) but the official place should be THE place to update info.

Comment

All I'm saying is update the web page. That should be the one place that has the current information about a plane and accessories. Not just this but notices, recalls, updates... Another thing is there's no where I see that they show the upgraded 23g MiG servo for sale or preorder.

Saying things in a podcast, on Farcebook or in these threads is nice (if they did it) but the official place should be THE place to update info.
                                    Agree.

They've had my money for 2 months, It would be common courtesy to let me know what's happening with the goods.

Comment

• Hey guys, Happy Halloween. Just sitting down with a coffee and trying to catch up.

Evan D - You sound very upset and I hope all is well. But just send me a PM instead if you have a direct question. It's impossible for me to read through every thread looking for questions directed at me. I don't sit in front of the computer with the forums up and constantly refresh it. I bounce around.

I asked our warehouse manager about the Freewing container on Wednesday and all they said was it's looking like it should be here in early Nov now. That's all the info I have at the moment. I wish I could say it will definitely be here on Nov XX at 12:36pm CST but I can't. I have no idea if it is sitting in customs, if the train ran out of diesel or if the truck driver took a bad detour. It will be here as fast as possible.

"Late October" is an ETA, estimated time. If it shows up in early November, I am not sure that's cause for anger. I believe this to be the first Freewing pre-order container that we didn't come in early on since I have worked here. Either way, on Monday, I will surely call our web man Aros and have him update the website with whatever the latest info is at that time.

Now please, don't get upset if I don't respond here until Monday. It's the weekend and I have a big day of trick or treating and a night full of the wife and I eating our parent tax then a Sunday full of sick bellies and regret.

You will all be rippin your Gripen's soon enough. Have a great weekend everyone.

PS. I will also ask about the TV units, but spare parts don't get updated on pre-orders until the container arrives and all the new stock is sorted and checked in. The main reason we tell people who pre-order to not include parts is because it all arrives together, its quicker and more efficient to just ship the aircraft straight from the truck, but if they have to dig through all the parts then it that would cause more of a delay. Our warehouse also has to take all the pictures for the website of all those as well, just takes a bit of time when they also have all the other regular orders to be working through as well, but they do a pretty darn good job...I know I wouldn't want to do it.

Comment

• Thanks James. As far as the TV's someone should know if they are in the same container (or which container) as the Gripen and be able to give us SOME information as to when to expect them. The people that preordered or expect to order the Gripen and add the TVs probably will wait for the TVs and not build it without TVs and then cut it apart to add them so without info on the TVs there's that we will be sitting on the Gripen until the TVs arrive.

Again, update the info, the official info including what's happening with TVs.

Thanks for letting me know I sound upset. Disappointed is more the word I'd use. In fact ignore all the rest of this post except this last part...

Comment

Thanks James. As far as the TV's someone should know if they are in the same container (or which container) as the Gripen and be able to give us SOME information as to when to expect them. The people that preordered or expect to order the Gripen and add the TVs probably will wait for the TVs and not build it without TVs and then cut it apart to add them so without info on the TVs there's that we will be sitting on the Gripen until the TVs arrive.

Again, update the info, the official info including what's happening with TVs.

Thanks for letting me know I sound upset. Disappointed is more the word I'd use. In fact ignore all the rest of this post except this last part...
                                          To add to Evan's comments, on the MRC Gripen web page it states:
                                          • This is the pre-order for the Freewing JAS-39 Gripen 80mm EDF Jet - PNP. The current expected arrival date is late October 2020. Any changes to the ETA will be posted on this page.
                                          (Emphasis mine)

JAS 39 Gripen 80mm EDF Jet - PNP from Freewing - FJ21815P Version Info: As of 9/5/2023 this model now comes with the upgraded 3658-2150Kv inrunner brushless motor and a newly designed 12-Blade EDF. The JAS 39 Gripen’s unique delta wing and canard configuration endows it with excellent agility, most notably a tighter tu

Comment

Working...
                                          X