First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NO WAY!!!:Cool:
    Team Gross!

Comment

• Great day of flying! Dramatic clouds in the background and calm winds. FMS 1700mm P-51D

Comment

• OOOOHHHH, that's pretty!!
        Great work vduniec!!

Grossman56
        Team Gross!

Comment

• Well done!

Comment

• It's nice to see something other than an all silver P-51D.

Comment

• I hope to make it there the next time we're in the area.

Comment

• Hope to see you there! Yesterday was a beautiful day for January, 52* sunny and pretty light if any winds. Spent 5 hours at the park and flew non stop. Drove the salt buggy out so I just took little stuff. Flew the new AT-6 and really like it a lot. For a three cell it’s got spunk.

Click image for larger version

Name:	A8A0FDC3-3929-4F46-AD0D-A687EA99C941.jpeg
Views:	282
Size:	242.2 KB
ID:	115005Click image for larger version

Name:	2AF01E69-9D8B-414B-985D-29979BE9C0A3.jpeg
Views:	348
Size:	236.8 KB
ID:	115004

Comment

• I like the color scheme on your T-28. Love the use of the term "salt buggy" :) I wonder how many from milder climes get it? I probably never had a car up there that didn't develop the lesions as yours has.

Comment

• I get it we don’t buy used vehicles from the Gulf Coast for the same reason.

Comment

• The T-28 is done as a DT-28B drone controller. It does show up very well in the air. If I ever invest in another Carbon-Z T-28 I’ll probably do it in that scheme also. My current one is a coastal Mediterranean camo. Yeah, I always keep a beater vehicle around. I retired from the 171ARW up at Greater Pitt Airport back in 2012 and now work full time for NB Borough. In January alone we spread around 450tons of salt on our local roads. It just eats vehicles up real fast without constant use of salt neutralizers, wash jobs and lubrication. My old Chevy truck I bought new in 2001 has 171,000 miles on it. I drove it 10 years to the airport n back but maintained the hell out of it. It only has minor corrosion issues. Nothing serious at all. I no longer drive it in winter. Always garage kept, It now lives the good life and hauls my airplanes during the 9 months of good weather. So if you see it at the park, you know I’m there!

Name:	9F238E72-0F8D-4B75-997A-55B7F4592147.jpeg
Views:	336
Size:	204.3 KB
ID:	115041Click image for larger version

Name:	F1CBA32E-7CFD-4469-8923-FB0B5555C5DD.jpeg
Views:	286
Size:	234.1 KB
ID:	115042Click image for larger version

Name:	02A31A93-9C37-43B3-A56F-6FA59378DD88.jpeg
Views:	248
Size:	243.6 KB
ID:	115043
                      Also, I did change the tires on the new AT-6 to Robart scale rubber and they really make takeoff, landing, and ground handling much better.
                      We use PFC corrosion protection on all our trucks and it also works great at keeping salt water out of electrical connectors. The guys at FliteTest have used it to waterproof receivers and servos for float planes.

Name:	57CC6B01-095D-4F3F-BC35-97433F734600.jpeg
Views:	273
Size:	102.4 KB
ID:	115044

Comment

• Your pickup is beautiful I haven’t seen one that color before.

Comment

• That stuff and corrosion x

Comment

• Originally posted by farmflyer View Post
                            Your pickup is beautiful I haven’t seen one that color before.
                            It's called sun burnt orange. :Cool:
                            AMA 424553

Comment

• In 2001 Chevy offered two colors of orange. Sunset and Sunburst. The Sunset was a red orange and the Sunburst was a fairly light and bright orange. In the glove box the factory color and code are Sunset Orange. This truck came down the Assy line the last week orange was used. Long story short, they mixed what was left of the two oranges and painted a vehicle or two this color. In order to get a cap from Lear to match I had to send them my gas tank cover. Took four months... It’s pretty much one of a kind and I’ve tried my best to take care of it. I’ve never seen another one this color. I guess it’s Sunburst Sunset.

Yes Sir Rman, Corrosion X. ... ! http://www.corrosionx.com/corrosionx.html

Nice little video on waterproofing Rc components.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	115189Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	115190Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	115188 a few snaps

Comment

• Unfortunately..... this was mine. It had a severe vibration for about 1/2 a second, then it exploded in air, inverted. The canopy came off and the brand new Admiral 5000 came shooting out, battery tray and all. The plane continued to fly, inverted for about 20 seconds. And then crashed. I thought it shed a prop blade, but all four blades were at the scene of the crash. The glue around the motor mount and the forward fuselage was still almost wet. Very sticky, but not cured as it should be. I think the mount shook loose due to the glue situation..... Very sad. Second flight.... And the foam is very soft!! :(

Comment

• And yes, the prop was balanced and no noticeable vibration on the first flight. Very smooth and enjoyable....

Comment

• that is a very sad sight.:Crying::Crying::Crying::Crying: i love my p47 eflight pnp jammed a 4s in it and upgraded esc now it ripps:):)

Comment

• Hey Hardway, that just sucks!!

The only consolation is that the motor and ESC can slide right into an FMS P-40 and you get a kick ass flyin' machine.

Grossman56
                                        Team Gross!

Comment

• I have a FMS P 40!:bluehappy

Comment

Working...
                                          X