Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there enough room in the wire channels to use a wire wrap? With as many wires that have to be pulled, a wrap might be a good way to keep things clean, if it can fit....

Comment

• I'm thinking of "Tangerine" as my livery but I love the yellow on the full cowl face as the Allied Green comes with. California Cutie would work but wrong variant and so overdone. "Thoughts of Midnite" would be sweet too but I'm not crazy about the red trim on OD...

My YouTube RC videos:
      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
        I'm thinking of "Tangerine" as my livery but I love the yellow on the full cowl face as the Allied Green comes with. California Cutie would work but wrong variant and so overdone. "Thoughts of Midnite" would be sweet too but I'm not crazy about the red trim on OD...
        I'm with you Aros, that's why I am going to buy the Silver P38's spinners. Half the job is done then. I ordered "Thoughts of Midnight" graphics from Callie and got them already. I may or may not use them but wanted them in hand...........who knows? A second one might be in my future...........after an appropriate money saving period. :p

Comment

• This went together super easy. Do yourself a favor and watch Alphas build vid. Run your wires outboard for lights, ailerons, and flaps before you screw the nacelles down. Also, remember to run the wires from the gondola, pod, pilot boom over the top. It is apparent to me after assembling it how much thought and work went into making this p38. Totally impressed! Seeing it in person would push anyone on the fence off of it...lol nice work guys!

Comment

• Tnx for the feedback on the video, peoples. It was fun watching some great pilots do their thing. Much of the footage used in the video was shot by Alpha himself.

Now get them P-38s built and in the air folks! It was a privilege to get to review this plane in Model Aviation Magazine. IMO, MotionRC is a great company that has some really fantastic people on staff.

Comment

• Looks good, Ryan, you sure put that thing together quickly since it arrived earlier today! When is the maiden?
              Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                Looks good, Ryan, you sure put that thing together quickly since it arrived earlier today! When is the maiden?

Well, the maiden has already happened in my dreams...lol

Seriously though. Maiden ASAP. This weekend for sure, or before.

Hey guys! What livery do you want me to choose? I've got silver.

Comment

• Awesome guys! So happy for all of you!!
                  Maybe one day, but funds got tight around here for now so I'll have to fly one vicariously through all of you!
                  Sure looks like a great job by FlightLine, if this is the kind of quality we can expect from them, we're in for some interesting airplanes!!
                  I don't remember such excitement for any airplane since I joined the Forum, I think the bar has been officially raised!

Goes to show you the love for WWII Warbirds 70+ years later!!
                  Good luck to you all!!!

Grossman56
                  Team Gross!

Comment

• Thanks, Grossman. Being close to projects like these, I always want to raise the bar higher than ever, and the slight downside of that attitude is that I'm never truly content. That being said, I am relieved and satisfied that for the price point, this P-38 hits a lot of the right notes, and hits them really well. Things can always be improved but I remind myself that when I'm flying this plane, I really can't think of anything else other than "SWEEEEEEEEET I love this thing". I hope as more pilots get to know their new Lightnings in the air, they feel the same way. :)

Ryan, my vote is for you to do either Pudgy V or Madu.
                    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Cant get over how it doesnt look like foam..curious..did FL use different type of foam? or just a better process? and will all of FLs planes look that good? (foamwise)
                      www.TSHobbies.com
                      Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

• Great to see these pre-orders beginning to get built! I am so excited for mine I can hardly stand it. PlaneCrazy, even though I am not real keen on the red trim, the girl that would ride along on all your sorties on the side of the nose would make up for it, lol!

I'm trying to find a 1:10 scale quality, detailed WWII American pilot bust for this bird. Not that the stock pilot is that bad looking, but I am a nut for realism wherever possible. Aces of Iron doesn't come in 1:10 scale...It's ridiculously difficult to find that scale for a quality-looking WWII pilot bust. I came across this on eBay...Wow is it ever detailed, and it's in fact 1:10 scale bust but it's unpainted. I'm good with painting planes, but my pilot bust painting skills sucks pretty bad, lol...Maybe I can use the guy who's painted all my Aces of Iron busts...He does great work.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/YOUNG-Miniat...3D361491530277

I can't wait to build her, fly her and detail her out!
                        My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Hey Aros. How about Brandon Moon. He said on the P-40 thread he would be happy to paint one up for anyone if they paid the shipping. I believe I read that right. Forgive me if lm wrong Brandon
                          Dewey l

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                            Great to see these pre-orders beginning to get built! I am so excited for mine I can hardly stand it. PlaneCrazy, even though I am not real keen on the red trim, the girl that would ride along on all your sorties on the side of the nose would make up for it, lol!

I'm trying to find a 1:10 scale quality, detailed WWII American pilot bust for this bird. Not that the stock pilot is that bad looking, but I am a nut for realism wherever possible. Aces of Iron doesn't come in 1:10 scale...It's ridiculously difficult to find that scale for a quality-looking WWII pilot bust. I came across this on eBay...Wow is it ever detailed, and it's in fact 1:10 scale bust but it's unpainted. I'm good with painting planes, but my pilot bust painting skills sucks pretty bad, lol...Maybe I can use the guy who's painted all my Aces of Iron busts...He does great work.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/YOUNG-Miniat...3D361491530277

I can't wait to build her, fly her and detail her out!
                            Hey Aros.............you can call me Andy!

Comment

• Andy it is!
                              My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Well...I took the plunge on the Pacific Silver today. I couldn't handle the thought of disappointing Shirty any longer. :rolleyes: The opportunity presented itself....I saw the shot, there was no danger...so I took it! ;)

So now...one of each on the way! I'll spend the next few days trying to figure out where in heck am I going to put them. HELP!!!! :D

Comment

• hey Aros, thats exactly the figure I plan to use too..will probably drill out the inside as best I can to help lighten it up..but think it'll work ..without the cig of course
                                  www.TSHobbies.com
                                  Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

• Yeah Aros, I was going to say the same thing.....BRANDON MOON!!!!!!
                                    He's the guy, his pilots look great in 1/8th

Grossman56
                                    Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dewey H Lee View Post
                                      Hey Aros. How about Brandon Moon. He said on the P-40 thread he would be happy to paint one up for anyone if they paid the shipping. I believe I read that right. Forgive me if lm wrong Brandon
                                      Dewey,
                                      Not sure what thread or forum you got that info from but what I read over on the RCG that Brandon posted is that if you shipped your Aces of Iron figure to him that he would paint it for $60 and that cost would include return shipment. He puts some unbelievable amount of time(approx. 30 hrs) into doing one of those so I don't really believe that he is doing them for nothing if you hauled the freight as you alluded.
                                      Here's his post http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=3453
                                      which references his other blog http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1750095 that gives the dollar and labor time.
                                      Warbird Charlie
                                      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Here's a site with a variety of Lightning liveries.

Woody

Comment

• Hey guys,

What do you do with the Throttle Wire / BEC coming from the two speed controllers?

1. Y-harness them together as is and plug into your throttle channel.
                                          2. Remove the hot/ground from one and only tie the signal into a Y-Harness thus having BEC only from one speed controller?

When I powered up my receiver off of only one speed controller I smoked the P-38 control board. Not sure if it was me or the board but she is toast. Almost set my Allied Green Beauty on fire before I even had her completely built!

Comment

Working...
                                          X