First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ryan,
    Looks good. Looking forward to the next episode of Pilot Ryan and Capt Mike

Comment

• Nice! Can't wait to see the video boys!
      My YouTube RC videos:
      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Just arrived.
        I was a little apprehensive as the box showed external damage and damage to the models' box as well.
        Fears were unfounded as the model was unscathed.

Wheel mod and repaint begins today.

Woody
        Attached Files

Comment

• Good to see the bird was unscathed...

As for the proper disabling of power to one of the ESCs so only one is providing power to the rx as to not fry the board/rx...Can someone give a detailed description of the process so those of us less electrically-inclined can avoid the pitfalls of a failed maiden due to improper wiring setup?

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
            Good to see the bird was unscathed...

As for the proper disabling of power to one of the ESCs so only one is providing power to the rx as to not fry the board/rx...Can someone give a detailed description of the process so those of us less electrically-inclined can avoid the pitfalls of a failed maiden due to improper wiring setup?
            There are two ways to do this. The easiest is to buy the BEC connector from Motion RC and plug this in between the ESC and your Throttle Y connector for the ESC you want to disable.
            150mm BEC Bypass Cable with JR, Spektrum, and Hitec Compatible Connectors from BenchCraft - BCT5076-019 A quick and easy way to eliminate (bypass) a built in BEC without the need to cut or modify your ESC wires. This cable is also used in aircraft that have more than one ESC (with BEC) connected to one receiver. Specif

Otherwise, pull the middle conductor (red lead) out of the connector going from the ESC to the Throttle Y connector. wrap the bare lead/connector that you pulled out with electrical tape or heat shrink tubing so it doesn't short to anything else.

I haven't opened my box yet to inspect, but this is how I've done it in my other twins.

Comment

• Are you pulling the red lead from both ECS's or just one ?
              Just to be clear.

Woody

Comment

• Originally posted by ruffneckx1 View Post
                Are you pulling the red lead from both ECS's or just one ?
                Just to be clear.

Woody
                The red lead is the power supply to the receiver, so you need to pull only one of the red leads from the two ESC's. The red leads of all the servos that are connected to the receiver are connected together inside your receiver . So by connecting the red leads of both ESC's you have each trying supply power to the same connection, which leads to your problems. When using a separate BEC, you would disable both of the red leads from the ESC and the BEC would connect to the middle pin your receiver (where the red leads attach).

Comment

• Some people cut the red lead, I prefer to pull the wire out of the connection plug instead so that I can always put it back if I want to do something else with that ESC in the future.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ryan@Motion/ryramZ View Post
                    Very nice videos fellas, except the part where it says FrontLine Chris. Just kidding, but seriously, it says that. So glad to see pilots receiving theirs.
                    Ah dang... :( I originally had Lockheed in there and changed it last minute...that's what I get for doing a last minute change like that. :(
                    http://thercgeek.com
                    http://youtube.com/thercgeek

Comment

• Imassuming when your refering to the red wire from the ESC ,your referring to the one on the throttle wire correct?
                      www.TSHobbies.com
                      Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

• Originally posted by tdevince View Post

There are two ways to do this. The easiest is to buy the BEC connector from Motion RC and plug this in between the ESC and your Throttle Y connector for the ESC you want to disable.
                        150mm BEC Bypass Cable with JR, Spektrum, and Hitec Compatible Connectors from BenchCraft - BCT5076-019 A quick and easy way to eliminate (bypass) a built in BEC without the need to cut or modify your ESC wires. This cable is also used in aircraft that have more than one ESC (with BEC) connected to one receiver. Specif

Otherwise, pull the middle conductor (red lead) out of the connector going from the ESC to the Throttle Y connector. wrap the bare lead/connector that you pulled out with electrical tape or heat shrink tubing so it doesn't short to anything else.

I haven't opened my box yet to inspect, but this is how I've done it in my other twins.
                        Cool, thanks, I assumed that was the case but wanted to be crystal clear before I did something I would regret. :)
                        My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• duh..thankyou ...if it were a snake, Id be bit.. lol
                          curious they dont mention anything about it in the video ..it just tells you to attach both to the Y harness
                          www.TSHobbies.com

Comment

• couldnt help but say to myself ..Pop Quiz hotshot..which wire do you cut....
                            www.TSHobbies.com

Comment

• THX for the info tdevince.
                              Just a warning: the hex nut in the collar of the mains were torqued down to the point that one stripped and almost stripped the other while trying to remove the wheel. Will have to dremel it off the axle.
                              Anyone else finding this ??

Woody

Comment

• Just got to the securing the nacelle part, which calls for 5 more of the 10mm PA3 screws...though I wasnt given enough of them...I do have 15mms though..Im assuming it was changed after the instructions were made? or I was given the wrong screws.

Edit: guess the 15mm were correct, went in just fine.
                                www.TSHobbies.com

Comment

• I have a new (never been opened) pair of Dubro Low Bounce Treaded Wheels 2.75" (2 Pack) if anyone is interested. Just cover shipping and I'll send 'em.
                                  My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Got my copy of Model Aviation today and I must say I can't be prouder!!
                                    There's the company that I proudly support right on the cover with their newest release! Too cool!!
                                    Boys' I predict you knocked one out of the ball park with this one. Now that its announced by The AMA, I think you'll have only one problem, keeping up with the orders!!!
                                    Congrats to all the guys and girls at Motion R/C, if you weren't on the R/C radar before, you sure are now, move over Horizon, Banana and all you others, there's a new sheriff in town!!

Grossman56
                                    Team Gross!

Comment

• Cell phone pics sorry. Man, it keeps looking better and better. The stencils put it over the top.

Comment

• Your right about that Gman. But I don't think Motion needed the P-38 to be the new sheriff in town.

Comment

• Cool!! love the lights
                                          www.TSHobbies.com

Comment

Working...
                                          X