Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay something isn't right...I'm around 2.75" or 2.80" for CG. As it is right now, I need to add nose weight which I haven't heard anyone have to do, and I'm even using the exact batteries recommended for perfect CG. I can't shove the batteries any more forward or I can't get the hatch to close.

Paging Doctor Alpha... :)
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• [ATTACH=CONFIG]n35441[/ATTACH] Just 'cause I know you all will love it!

Grossman56
      Attached Files
      Team Gross!

Comment

• not using the same lipos you are, but when I cycled the gear up...down the tail went. moved the batts all the way foward and still having to add 1.5 oz of lead to the nose..my lipos weight 12.7 oz each
        www.TSHobbies.com
        Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	animated-military-aircraft-image-0035.gif
Views:	383
Size:	26.0 KB
ID:	35449 I got the hang of it now. See I got a P38 too!!

Grossman56
          Team Gross!

Comment

• scratch my last..hatch wouldnt fit with the lipos all the way forward..so had to move them back and add a total of 3.5 oz to the nose.
            www.TSHobbies.com

Comment

• I like it Gman!

TS...That's interesting...I wonder why we haven't heard anyone talk about needing to add weight to the nose?
              My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Here's some pre-decal shots... :D

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                  I like it Gman!

TS...That's interesting...I wonder why we haven't heard anyone talk about needing to add weight to the nose?
                  other than the test planes that have been shown..havent heard anyone get theirs complete yet...

question about telemetry... never used it before, but just got an orange RX just for this plane w/tel ... when setting it up for the lipo monitor, its reading 0.0 volts..is it because of the control box? or because it has 2 lipos? or am I doing something wrong?
                  www.TSHobbies.com

Comment

Here's some pre-decal shots... :D
                    I really like the screen in the cowls.
                    TiredIron Aviation
                    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by TSHobbies View Post

other than the test planes that have been shown..havent heard anyone get theirs complete yet...

question about telemetry... never used it before, but just got an orange RX just for this plane w/tel ... when setting it up for the lipo monitor, its reading 0.0 volts..is it because of the control box? or because it has 2 lipos? or am I doing something wrong?
                      I have telemetry setup in a couple of my planes. But, I have Spektrum. With Spektrum you have the individual sensors that connect to the telemetry module. How is your Orange RX detecting/monitoring the battery? A sensor that connects to your telemetry module?

Also, what radio tx are you useing? I have the DX6.
                      Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
                      Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• I have a DX9 and Im using this Rx..according to HK, it doesnt require additional modules.
                        Hobbyking - the world's No1 Online Hobby Store. We stock a huge selection of RC products from Planes right through to Drones and all accessories. Visit Us Today.
                        www.TSHobbies.com

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

I really like the screen in the cowls.
                          Thanks...Yours too. :)
                          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by TSHobbies View Post
                            I have a DX9 and Im using this Rx..according to HK, it doesnt require additional modules.
                            https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/...arehouse_.html
                            Just guessing here...you have checked that the sensor for your voltage is properly plugged in? Also, i was reading there at HK, and it stated "integrated telemetry function can be disabled during binding." the receiver could be binded with the telemetry disabled, and that's why your not getting a reading?
                            Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
                            Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• Okay in order to get CG I have to add 8 ounces of nose weight. Yikes.

I would love to hear from Bajora and Alpha and anyone else who has already flown theirs. I would think they would have mentioned the need for nose weight. Interesting...
                              My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Thanks...Yours too. :)
                                So Aros, is that fabric screen or metal screen?

Comment

• Aros,
                                  I'm getting about the same data as you for CG. I need almost 6 oz of weight. I have 2 admiral 3000 Lipos as far forward as possible. Also, I have the Gear down for the balancing and need a bunch of lead in the nose to get close to the manual's 65mm.

Are you balancing with the gear down? I remember seeing that somewhere the balance is with gear down but can't find that detail in the manual. If I try with the gear up, I'll need more lead. I'm definitely not putting her in the air until I get this sorted. Something doesn't seem right because as you say Bajora and Alpha have been flying the heck out of theirs and I don't recall anybody talking about having CG issues.

Comment

• Aros,
                                    What do you have for wheels? I replaced mine with 2.75" Dubro Mains and a 2.5" Dubro Nose gear, which are heavier than the stock wheels. I can't imagine it being that much of a difference, though. Also, are you balancing with the drop tanks on or off? I had them off for the balancing. It looks like their CG would be close to the plane CG so I can't imagine they are problem.

Comment

• Aros,
                                      Just went back to the build video. There it states "65mm-75mm is the recommended balanced with the model upright and the landing gear down". Going closer to 75mm will definitely help, I'm going to recheck that value and see what I get.

Update: with the model upright and gear down I get 72mm for the CG. Adding the drop tanks changes to 74mm. So I'm at the aft portion of the recommended range without adding any nose weight.

Comment

• hi guys,my model is bone stock no mods yet other than a little paint here and there. mine made c/g on my c/g machine right side up no drop tanks @ 70 mm with gear down and 66-67 mm with the gear up. i am using the admiral 3000 35c batteries here is the battery location. the vid here said to balance 65-75 mm with the gear down. i most likely wont fly mine with drop tanks. adding the rest of my decals and should maiden sunday if i can sneak away from Easter. =D
                                        AKA meltor

Comment

• To the guy's thinking of adding invasion strips here's a little info. I've found that the paint on the booms stand up to masking.
                                          On mine at least the wings don't take to masking very well. Paint lifts off the surface rather easily. Be especially careful when removing tape. At least that has been my experience so far.

Also.....question regarding the c/g. The c/g on models with retracts is usually set with gear up. Can anyone explain why the switch ?

Woody

Comment

Working...
                                          X