Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twowing, welcome to the forum! Congrats on having enough sense to marry a gal like that!!
    Mine's pretty close to that in that she flies but building.......not likely!

Grossman56
    Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
      Twowing, welcome to the forum! Congrats on having enough sense to marry a gal like that!!
      Mine's pretty close to that in that she flies but building.......not likely!

Grossman56
      Didn't she build ya a couple flight stands modeled after what I think it was Ben's she looked at during NEFI.
      I know she made ya something so you gotta give her build credit there!!

Warbird Charlie
      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Yep, that's true, and I do have give her credit for that and a lot of things besides!!

Grossman56
        Team Gross!

Comment

• Will a vector fit in this plane?

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
            Will a vector fit in this plane?
            Maybe.........if your willing to do a certain level of surgery since the controller itself is a third larger than say an Eagle A3L and it's GPS/Mag and Current Sensor/PSU are almost the same size as the A3L so you are going to try to shoehorn 3 boxes into a space for which would be a limited fit for the A3L. I personally wouldn't attempt it.
            Warbird Charlie
            HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Just wondering cause I'm planning it out for FPV and I'm trying to figure out a good osd system for it

Comment

• Maybe the micro vector...

Comment

• Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post
                  Hi guys. New to this forum and new to Motion RC birds. Read the whole thread and got some great info. Been building and flying for a long time. My wife and I build and fly everything from Giant Scale to UMX. Just found out I'm getting this bird in silver from my wife for Christmas. I think she's a keeper (both my wife and this version of the Forkedtail Devil).

Really impressed with the effort you folks at Motion RC put into your product both in design and support. Can't wait for christmas to get here and get started!
                  Sounds like you struck gold! I told my last wife (after she told me that if I get another plane, she's gonna leave me), man, I'm gonna miss you! Didn't really, tho. LOL!
                  Bob Duncan

The only real helicopter is the CH-47 Chinook. The rest are just sling loads!

Comment

• Originally posted by BadBob View Post

Sounds like you struck gold! I told my last wife (after she told me that if I get another plane, she's gonna leave me), man, I'm gonna miss you! Didn't really, tho. LOL!
                    HA HA HA HA !!!! LOL, going to miss her :o) Luv it, SOOOOOOO true !!
                    I like this one .... My wife sometimes asks just how many more planes do we need, my answer is always the same, "just one more"
                    rc flyin addict

Comment

• Originally posted by mr.frankenjet View Post
                      My wife sometimes asks just how many more planes do we need, my answer is always the same, "just one more"
                      My answer is always "all of them".

TiredIron Aviation
                      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• It's great having a wife that's into the hobby, but it creates a bit of a different problem. That has to do with space. When you've got two people that are filling the hanger, it fills up really fast. And with about 40% of the fleet being giant scale.......well, you get the picture.

Between the two of us, I think we've got just over 50 birds flyable. Some with wingspans over 12'. Then there's the 10 or 12 kits/ARFs in the que.

Just finished a Convergence and can't wait to get strated on the P-38. Hi, my name is Tony and I'm a plane-a-holic......

Comment

• Tony,

Love your avatar by the way. I always thought that was one of the coolest Axis planes.
                          Pat

Comment

• Thanks for all the welcomes guys.

Thanks Pat, my BV-141B is one of my favorite flyers too. She's got 82" wingspan, weighs about 13 lbs. Powered with an electric 160 on 9S putting out 3200 watts. She runs away from most fighters in her class.

On my P-38 I think I'm going to go with "Honey Bunny". I don't think anyone else here has gone with that one have they?

Comment

• Yes, there are a couple of them...

Comment

• Originally posted by mr.frankenjet View Post
                                HA HA HA HA !!!! LOL, going to miss her :o) Luv it, SOOOOOOO true !!
                                I like this one .... My wife sometimes asks just how many more planes do we need, my answer is always the same, "just one more"
                                I've built a plane rack that'll hold four 1.3m (even a 1.5m on the very top) planes, with the wings on, in my Chevy Tahoe. I usually keep planes, charged batts, and my TX in the Tahoe when I go to work, as I never know when I may feel the urge to take an extra long lunch break or head straight to the club field after work. I work on a military installation. I was going though the gate check this past summer, with a full compliment of planes. When I rolled down my window to flash my badge, the gate guard says, "Mr. Pierce, do you have enough aircraft in your vehicle?" My reply was, "Hell, no. There's always room for one more." I got a smile, a salute, and a "carry on."

---
                                Warbirder

Comment

• Originally posted by Oxotnik View Post
                                  I've built a plane rack that'll hold four 1.3m (even a 1.5m on the very top) planes, with the wings on, in my Chevy Tahoe. I usually keep planes, charged batts, and my TX in the Tahoe when I go to work, as I never know when I may feel the urge to take an extra long lunch break or head straight to the club field after work. I work on a military installation. I was going though the gate check this past summer, with a full compliment of planes. When I rolled down my window to flash my badge, the gate guard says, "Mr. Pierce, do you have enough aircraft in your vehicle?" My reply was, "Hell, no. There's always room for one more." I got a smile, a salute, and a "carry on."
                                  I put together a PVC rack for the back of my Chevy Trailblazer, I do take the wings off of my larger planes(P-38, 90mm F-15, etc) but I am able to get 7-9 planes, two transmitter cases, two toolboxes, my battery case, my charger, my 10 x 10 folding canopy, two folding chairs, my assembly stand, my lunchbox, myself and my wife all comfortably in the vehicle for a day at the field!! Necessity is the mother of invention!!

Comment

• If you don't mind, please post some pick of the above mentioned racks. I like seeing other people's ideas on how to get more to fit.

Comment

• Yeah, count me in, always trying to find a way to haul more planes!

Grossman56
                                      Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post
                                        If you don't mind, please post some pick of the above mentioned racks. I like seeing other people's ideas on how to get more to fit.
                                        I made mine with a 3/4" ply base (for the mass), split some 2x4s for the uprights, and wood dowels (5/8", IIRC) for the plane supports (covered with 1/2" pipe insulation). I have to take the outer wings off my P-38, but all of my planes that are 1.5m or less fit with the wings on. Well, except for my Freewing Mossie, whose engine nacelles are a bit too far apart to fit.

---
                                        Warbirder

Comment

• Oxotnik, thanks for the pictures. I'm curious are your wood racks permanent or semi-permanent in your vehicle? I've used PVC mostly in the past, so I can slide them out easily, but I have looked at potentially using wood racks to support heavier planes in a more permanent transportation configuration.
                                          Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Working...
                                          X