Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi guys thanks for your help no offense taken sometimes typing on a phone it's a little difficult. Just curious where are most people setting your CG at based on the Range provided in the manual. My main problem right now is whenever I go to Full Throttle she climbs almost straight up. I removed the four degrees up elevator and returned it to normal neutral. Other than this issue she flys and lands great.

Comment

• May want to check your thrust line settings--maybe something didn't get correctly installed, or upthrust was somehow put in during production?

Comment

• If she is super nose heavy the elevator may be trimmed perfect for slower flight but then has much more authority at higher speeds. I've seen this before when I got a little heavy in the nose on other birds. Thrustline is worth a try but I would be surprised if they screwed up both thrust lines during production but it is possible if the same dude built both booms. I would think that one motor out of thrust would make it roll as well but anything is possible. Roll her inverted on a 45degree upline and if she dives you have too much nose weight. Do it with gear up and gear down and adjust your CG accordingly. I'm running two 2500mah Admiral yellow packs in mine. If i move my batteries a quarter of an inch I notice it so I marked their location with a Sharpie...

Comment

• Thanks everyone, I,m pretty sure it is a Cg issue and will recheck it again. to be sure and let you know how it goes, if the 25mph winds and rain ever stop here.

Comment

• For what it's worth. Here's a couple pics of how I place a pair of 2500 or 3600s in both my 38s.
            Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
            Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• Lon, thanks for the picks, what cg are you running, gear up ? Going to try to see what I can get away with moving it aft, looking for a consensus :)
              rc flyin addict

Comment

• Originally posted by mr.frankenjet View Post
                Lon, thanks for the picks, what cg are you running, gear up ? Going to try to see what I can get away with moving it aft, looking for a consensus :)
                CG 70mm, gear down, plane upright.
                Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
                Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• TKS Lon :)
                  rc flyin addict

Comment

• Can anyone help with the download of the realflight model Delizar created? After I download it and then import it to my realflight it says that it is successful but that I can't open it because I don't have the aircraft to select.

Comment

• Originally posted by WW2rcpilot View Post
                      Can anyone help with the download of the realflight model Delizar created? After I download it and then import it to my realflight it says that it is successful but that I can't open it because I don't have the aircraft to select.
                      Here are some references that might help. I've found that I had a similar problem downloading and getting it to run, as i had to first download an original file so that the file I want has something to go off of.

Hope this helps.
                      Bob Duncan

The only real helicopter is the CH-47 Chinook. The rest are just sling loads!

Comment

• Thank you Bad Bob, I did not realize I was only importing the variant and not the actual aircraft. works great and I love the machine guns.

Comment

• Originally posted by WW2rcpilot View Post
                          Thank you Bad Bob, I did not realize I was only importing the variant and not the actual aircraft. works great and I love the machine guns.
                          Glad it worked!:Whew:
                          Bob Duncan

Comment

• Had a rough landing and saw my nose gear was sloppy. Here's why. Gotta replace the nose strut anyway. I didn't think it was that rough a landing actually. Maybe the other ones before..........??:Silly:
                            Attached Files
                            Bob Duncan

Comment

• I've been following this thread for some time now. My wife got me this P-38 for Christmas and I've just now gotten around to assembling it. So far so good but I'm now at the point of hooking up the control box and that seemed like a good stopping point. I'm wondering about radio set-up. I don't recall seeing recommended settings either here, in the manual or on the build video. Can someone share with me recommendations for radio set-up?

Comment

• What radio do you have? What other planes do you have? If this is a first plane, please please please find a trainer to fly first. This isn't an easy plane to fly, definitely not for a cord timer

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                                  What radio do you have? What other planes do you have? If this is a first plane, please please please find a trainer to fly first. This isn't an easy plane to fly, definitely not for a cord timer
                                  I have a DX9. I'm not looking for instructions on how to set-up. I'm more looking for what seems to work best for elevator pitch on flaps, etc.

Since you asked, I have:

Carbon Z Cub
                                  Eflight P-51D
                                  Eflight F4U Corsair
                                  UMX Pitts
                                  UMX Habu
                                  Parkzone Habu
                                  Parkzone T28 - Test plane.
                                  Parkzone SE5a
                                  Flightline P38
                                  Waiting on the Flightline Spitfire pre-sale

Comment

• Originally posted by SoonerNation View Post

I have a DX9. I'm not looking for instructions on how to set-up. I'm more looking for what seems to work best for elevator pitch on flaps, etc.

I have 5% and 3% elevator for my mid and full flaps respectively.

Comment

• SoonerNation,
                                      The FL P-38 was my first twin, my first 4S, and my first warbird greater than1100mm. Looking at your plane list, I think that you're in this same boat. I was nervous as heck on the maiden. I had a really experienced flyer standing with me, and he was a tremendous help. Remember to keep your speed up, especially on the turn onto base. The P-38 has good slow-speed performance, but don't let it get too slow on landing. The upgrade struts are well worth the money. I don't think that my P-38 needs elevator mixed in with the flaps. Remember to flare the landing, or you'll bend the nose struts. Now, after having flown the plane quite a few times, it's probably my favorite warbird to fly. The 8-lb weight makes it a great flyer, even in relatively high wind. Anyway, just some thoughts from the peanut gallery.
                                      ---
                                      Warbirder

Comment

• Originally posted by SoonerNation View Post

Since you asked, I have:

Carbon Z Cub
                                        Eflight P-51D
                                        Eflight F4U Corsair
                                        UMX Pitts
                                        UMX Habu
                                        Parkzone Habu
                                        Parkzone T28 - Test plane.
                                        Parkzone SE5a
                                        Flightline P38
                                        Waiting on the Flightline Spitfire pre-sale

Nice! Awesome collection! I only hope I didn't come off as an ass, just wanted a clear picture of what was going on. I never have done a flap mix, I just fly it. She's a great plane and she will spoil you, as she will be as smooth as the cub, and it doesn't need the as3x to accomplish it. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Oxotnik View Post
                                          SoonerNation,
                                          The FL P-38 was my first twin, my first 4S, and my first warbird greater than1100mm. Looking at your plane list, I think that you're in this same boat. I was nervous as heck on the maiden. I had a really experienced flyer standing with me, and he was a tremendous help. Remember to keep your speed up, especially on the turn onto base. The P-38 has good slow-speed performance, but don't let it get too slow on landing. The upgrade struts are well worth the money. I don't think that my P-38 needs elevator mixed in with the flaps. Remember to flare the landing, or you'll bend the nose struts. Now, after having flown the plane quite a few times, it's probably my favorite warbird to fly. The 8-lb weight makes it a great flyer, even in relatively high wind. Anyway, just some thoughts from the peanut gallery.
                                          Thanks. I'm in the same boat. Of the list, I was most concerned about the Carbon Cub due to the size and the fact that I had never flown anything 6 cell. I got a good lesson when on the second flight when I misjudged remaining flight time and had to make a dead stick downwind landing. The plane survived. I plan to be especially careful with this one. I fly all my planes right out of my back yard. I'm on 3 acres with plenty of open space so I fly whenever the wind allows it. I think this one will be going out to the RC field where there is more open space and less trees to contend with so I can get comfortable with the twin power.

I bought the upgraded struts when they came in stock based on the info I read here.

Comment

Working...
                                          X