Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you sir. Will do. When I went to order, it showed out of stock? Thanks again!

Comment

• Originally posted by ArrowPilot View Post
      Thank you sir. Will do. When I went to order, it showed out of stock? Thanks again!
      Hi ArrowPilot: I see that now on the MRC website. Not sure where the disconnect is there in what they showed in stock when I looked earlier today.

In any event, if you want to get some sooner than when MRC gets theirs in stock again, you could order directly from Robart company, as they show they have some, and they also manufacture them, too.

Here's a link you can try: https://robart.com/collections/wheel...nd-tread-wheel

I've done direct business with Robart for a very long time, and they've always been very dependable for me and my needs.

Good luck!

davegee

Comment

• Thank you sir. Just went to the LHS and they had a pair of Robart diamond tread and I also got a set of Dave Brown 3.5" flite lite just in case.

Comment

Thank you sir. Just went to the LHS and they had a pair of Robart diamond tread and I also got a set of Dave Brown 3.5" flite lite just in case.
          Sounds good, ArrowPilot. I'm a little dense, what is "LHS"?

Thanks,

davegee

Comment

• Sorry, Local Hobby Shop.

Comment

Sorry, Local Hobby Shop.
              Thanks, ArrowPIlot. I now have a new acronym to add to my list!

Best,

davegee

Comment

• In need of a little clarity! Just got my P51 assembled today and reviewed the control rod placement for the elevator servo horn and the manual is showing that it goes in the 2nd to the closest hole towards the horn??? NOT sure if that is even possible as that hole on the servo arm is partial blocked by the fuselage? In addition, the only hole that is large enough for the arm to fit in is the outside hole on the arm. I currently have it in the farthest hole to the outside and seems fine??? Appreciate your help. Thanks.

Comment

In need of a little clarity! Just got my P51 assembled today and reviewed the control rod placement for the elevator servo horn and the manual is showing that it goes in the 2nd to the closest hole towards the horn??? NOT sure if that is even possible as that hole on the servo arm is partial blocked by the fuselage? In addition, the only hole that is large enough for the arm to fit in is the outside hole on the arm. I currently have it in the farthest hole to the outside and seems fine??? Appreciate your help. Thanks.
                  Hi ArrowPilot. I see what you are saying. I just took a look at my P-51 hanging up in the garage just now. I have the clevis attached to the Outermost hole on the servo arm for the elevator. You're right about the instruction manual and what it shows, but I don't know if that is even possible, like you say, it could be a problem clearing the fuselage during a full throw movement.

I think I dismissed those instructions right away and put the clevis in the outermost hole for the servo. I have probably 40 or more flights between the two P-51s that I have flown (one is in a museum in England now and won't fly again) and I think you are safe to put it where you want it to. I have had ZERO problems with it mounted on the outermost hole.

Hope that helps.

davegee

Comment

• DG,
                    Can't thank you enough for responding so quickly. Appreciate it.

Comment

DG,
                      Can't thank you enough for responding so quickly. Appreciate it.
                      No sweat. It's easier to respond quickly when you're retired! Please let us all know how your airplane comes along, and if you have any questions. Lots of help from several people available on HobbySquawk.

Cheers

davegee

Comment

• Just got this plane last month and I'm loving it. Flies like a dream.
                        Did some formation flying with a buddy's Tigercat at our fly-in last month.

Comment

• OK I’m gonna apologize ahead of time for asking all the dumb questions....but? Going over everything on the P 51 and checking it twice . Found it interesting that using sub trim I cannot get the prop to spin. It also feels and sounds like that the motor is braking when throttle is decreased? Just checking to see if this is normal. Thanks,

Comment

OK I’m gonna apologize ahead of time for asking all the dumb questions....but? Going over everything on the P 51 and checking it twice . Found it interesting that using sub trim I cannot get the prop to spin. It also feels and sounds like that the motor is braking when throttle is decreased? Just checking to see if this is normal. Thanks,
                            Not sure what it is you are trying to do. How far along the process are you in setting this plane up? Last couple of things you were talking about were wheels and control rods. Where are you now?
                            Has it been successfully bound? Have you done the throttle calibration? Why are your trying to get the motor to run by using sub-trim anyway? Throttle sub-trim should not be altered under normal circumstances. Use the throttle trim tab on the face of the TX to lower the throttle if you are having trouble arming it.
                            The first step is the binding and that will allow you to bind with or without SAFE. All rates must be at 100%. Program lower rates after it's bound and calibrated. Sometimes, it won't bind/initialize unless you are standing at least ten feet away.
                            Next comes the throttle calibration.

Comment

• Everything is complete. Plane is bound to transmitter everything working properly all control surfaces are correct. I was checking calibration on ESC and throttle response and noticed that if I increased throttle trim I could not get to spin. On all my other plans if I increase throttle trim I can get motor to idle by increasing trim. This one will not. Was just concerned that something was incorrect. Everything else is good to go and I am ready to maiden it . Thanks

Comment

Everything is complete. Plane is bound to transmitter everything working properly all control surfaces are correct. I was checking calibration on ESC and throttle response and noticed that if I increased throttle trim I could not get to spin. On all my other plans if I increase throttle trim I can get motor to idle by increasing trim. This one will not. Was just concerned that something was incorrect. Everything else is good to go and I am ready to maiden it . Thanks
                                Your last post said "sub-trim". That is inside the servo menu. It's totally different from the trim tab on the face of the TX. Once you have properly calibrated the throttle, the motor should start within the first couple of mm of stick movement, as will increasing the trim tab a few clicks. This is assuming of course, that your throttle cut is NOT set. If throttle cut is set, the trim tab won't activate the motor either. If you calibrated the throttle and left the trim tab in the middle where it started out (for any new model), there may not be enough clicks left to activate the motor. Depending on what the manual for any given plane says, I generally lower the trim tab as low as it will go before calibrating. Some Eflite models don't like that and will tell you to leave it in the middle. So, how did you calibrate it?
                                Nevertheless, if the motor starts very soon after you start to lift the stick, that's all that you need. Why try to see if you can start it with the trim tab? That's a weird and unusual procedure. That trim tab is more for liquid fueled engines whereby you are trying to fine tune the idle. Electrics don't idle, so no need to mess with it.
                                As for the "braking" when lowering the throttle, how can you even tell? You don't generally know if you have the brake set until you suddenly shut the throttle off. Then the prop comes to a very quick stop. If you think your brake is set, then go into the ESC programming menu and set the brake to OFF. It is entirely possible that during the throttle calibration, you waited too long and you entered the ESC menu and accidentally set the brake to ON. If that is the case, then I would suggest that you did NOT calibrate the throttle at all.

Comment

• Xviper, will do, Good information. Thanks

Comment

• Well as a follow up got every thing working as it should. Took the time and re programmed the ESC. Now the throttle works perfectly. Very smooth and increases slowly and gradually. I can now use the trim to increase the throttle and gradually bring it to idle. Motor does not come to an abrupt stop when throttle is decreased. Now ready for the maiden. Thanks,

Comment

• Took my E Flite P-51D up for a couple of flights this morning, even with a moderate left crosswind sometimes popping up. I hadn't flown it since last Fall, and I was probably understandably a bit rusty. But once I got it off the ground, it was a great flyer, once again. Very impressed with this airplane. Landings were ok, will work on them.

I took a couple of static shots after the flights. Very relieved that on today's flights, not even a scratch on it!

Incidentally, this is a total repaint of the stock kit to make for an accurate model of the real plane that flew in WWII. Every single marking had to be removed and replaced to make it WWII scale. Some of you I'm sure have seen previous posts of this airplane, but those who haven't seen it before, the triangular fairing on the vertical fin, for instance, had to be cut out and removed on the model, as the real plane did not have one. They found that when they made the bubbletop, they had some directional control problems in flight, so they added it on subsequent airplanes.

Cheers

Davegee

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG-0485.jpg Views:	0 Size:	153.1 KB ID:	369823Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG-0486.jpg Views:	0 Size:	112.7 KB ID:	369824

Comment

• Yep. and she's even prettier in person...
                                        Click image for larger version

Name:	20220425_101535.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	140.7 KB
ID:	369833

Grossman56
                                        Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                                          Yep. and she's even prettier in person...
                                          Click image for larger version

Name:	20220425_101535.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	140.7 KB
ID:	369833

Grossman56
                                          hadn't seen that pic before. Thanks for sending.

davegee

Comment

Working...
                                          X