Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks everybody.... I didn't know they had made a soft set either... so went and looked and they were in stock.. have a set on the way.

Comment

• I put wheels with soft tires on my 190, too. I had to drill out the hubs slightly, and without the bearings, the wheels don’t turn as freely. The softer tires have turned a plane that had been frustrating the piss out of me, into one that I have thoroughly loved flying. I don’t think that I have quite as many flights in my 190 as To1ga has on his, but I’m probably only a dozen or so behind him. I, too, consider this to be favorite warbird this year. I’m even okay with the speed. I wouldn’t have minded a little more speed, but I’ve never seriously considered upgrading the power train.
      ---
      Warbirder

Comment

• Subscribed

Comment

• Loving my eflite Fw-190. One of my best flying planes. I added the proper hakenkreuz to the tail and tried to fix the atrocious mottle that eflite attempted. At least Tamiya acrylics matched.

Comment

• Having purchased this model, I now find myself looking for some spare parts! Eflite parts out of stock….
            Anyone want to sell their retracts (working) from a wrecked model? Would consider buying the power system as well.
            Thanks!
            Eric

Comment

• Ours has now been dolled up with my father's talents. Very pleased it now looks as good as it flies! Click image for larger version  Name:	20230308_130836.jpg Views:	0 Size:	294.6 KB ID:	373528Click image for larger version  Name:	20230308_131622.jpg Views:	0 Size:	287.1 KB ID:	373529Click image for larger version  Name:	20230308_130731.jpg Views:	0 Size:	299.5 KB ID:	373530Click image for larger version  Name:	20230308_130753.jpg Views:	0 Size:	202.2 KB ID:	373531

Comment

• Fellas,

Here is my version of my FW=190. Using this 3-view and HD paint mixed to my M&M German paint chips. Fuselage is painted and working on the wing. Will do a little weathering after wing is done.
                Best Regards, Rex

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2938.jpg
Views:	316
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	373678

Name:	IMG_2940.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	104.4 KB
ID:	373679

Name:	IMG_2941.jpg
Views:	311
Size:	119.8 KB
ID:	373680

Comment

• Looks Great!

Comment

• Working on the wing I have added the gun covers and ejection chutes. Added the 108mm outboard cannons and the 151 mg on my A-8 R8,R2 strum fighter. After 3 coats of clear poly crylic paint I'm going to paint my RLM colors/ Best Regards, Rex

Name:	IMG_2945.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	102.1 KB
ID:	373958

Name:	IMG_2946.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	373959

Comment

• Originally posted by jetfool View Post
                      Working on the wing I have added the gun covers and ejection chutes. Added the 108mm outboard cannons and the 151 mg on my A-8 R8,R2 strum fighter. After 3 coats of clear poly crylic paint I'm going to paint my RLM colors/ Best Regards, Rex

Name:	IMG_2945.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	102.1 KB
ID:	373958

Name:	IMG_2946.jpg
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	373959
                      Looking great, Rex! Question: what exactly are the colors you're using for this repaint? I will be doing a small plastic model of the Me-163 Komet for the NASM and it is painted similarly. I have not used these German colors before.

Thanks!

Davegee

Comment

• Davegee,
                        The colors I'm using are RLM 74,75,76. I matched them to my M&M color chips. I also have the Monogram German paint chips and they match with M&M. I have made the bottom wing antenna from an old plastic modelers paint brush. The ant is 5 1/4" long and is almost the correct shape. If it breaks it is screwed into the wing with a plastic 2-56 bolt like I sent you. My plans were to buy this and fly it stock but I couldn't stand the awful paint scheme HH used. Not going to go as far as my Corsair but will give it some lite weathering. Mostly they were fairly kept clean.
                        Also used the german Black from my M&M chips for the cowling. A different shade than straight black. My white is a scale white that I am using on all my planes.
                        Dave, If you need the correct paint chips for your NASM project, I will send you my books then you can send back after your paint choices.
                        Best Regards, Rex

Comment

• Davegee,

Here are some photos from my Monogram German book. Rex

Name:	IMG_2948.jpg
Views:	300
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	374009

Name:	IMG_2949.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	374010

Name:	IMG_2950.jpg
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	374011

Name:	IMG_2951.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	374012Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2952.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	374013

Comment

Davegee,

Here are some photos from my Monogram German book. Rex

Name:	IMG_2948.jpg
Views:	300
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	374009

Name:	IMG_2949.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	374010

Name:	IMG_2950.jpg
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	374011

Name:	IMG_2951.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	374012Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2952.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	374013
                            This is Great Stuff, Rex! I have to stand by to see exactly what paint scheme the NASM folks want. They have a real unrestored Me 163 Komet on display at Udvar-Hazy. The colors are faded and I don't know if they want me to mimic the paint scheme on the real one they have, or just go with one that is in the model instructions. There is a 1/32 plastic kit that they want it modelled. It's going to go in a display case setting on a plinth, probably with the gear up, not sure yet.

Appreciate you posting these pictures and info on the Komet. If I need anything to look at, I'll let you know. I used to have M&M color chip booklet, but after I got out of competitive shows like USSMA and TopGun, I didn't need them anymore and either sold them or gave them away when we made the move to WY over 3 years ago.

Thanks so much for chiming in!

Cheers

Davegee

Comment

• Worked on the bottom wing today. I added the loading shoot for the 108mm cannon and taped off the ejection ports. Used an old model paint brosh to make the antenna aerial on bottom of wing, it is removable.. Not filling the seams on this model just adding a few scale items. Finally painted the RLMpaint on the bottom. All for today.
                              Best Regards, Rex

Name:	IMG_2953.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	374105

Name:	IMG_2954.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	374106

Name:	IMG_2955.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	374107

Comment

• Finished painting the wing and made a start on the weathering. Right side of picture shows the weathering and the left side needs to be done. Quite a contrast I think. Rex

Name:	IMG_2956.jpg
Views:	292
ID:	374212

Name:	IMG_2957.jpg
Size:	105.2 KB
ID:	374213

Comment

Finished painting the wing and made a start on the weathering. Right side of picture shows the weathering and the left side needs to be done. Quite a contrast I think. Rex

Name:	IMG_2956.jpg
Views:	292
ID:	374212

Name:	IMG_2957.jpg
Size:	105.2 KB
ID:	374213
                                  Looks great, Rex! You're right, you have a big difference between a plane that flew in Europe like this and a Corsair that suffered under South Pacific conditions. Tastefully and realistically done!

Cheers

Davegee

Comment

• Today I finally called it done. There are more things I would like to add but want to get the C/G and settings done because good weather is just around the bend. I have included a picture of the aircraft that I have tried to portray. My lighting in the basement shows the weathering a little darker than it actually is. Hope it passes with fellow modelers. Your comments are welcome. This model gives someone a good canvas to apply many different paint schemes that were used during the war.

Best Regards, Rex

Name:	IMG_2958.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	117.4 KB
ID:	374288

Name:	IMG_2959.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	111.5 KB
ID:	374289

Name:	IMG_2961.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	374290

Name:	IMG_2962.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	114.1 KB
ID:	374291

Name:	IMG_2963.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	119.9 KB
ID:	374292

Name:	IMG_2964.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	122.3 KB
ID:	374293

Name:	IMG_2965.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	109.8 KB
ID:	374294

Name:	IMG_2966.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	374295

Comment

• Looking Great, Rex! Is this a new plane, or a repaint that you've had around for awhile? Have you already flown this plane before?

Dave

Comment

• Davegee,

This is the new E-Flite FW-190 I purchased in First week of Febuary. I started working on it between down time on the Corsair. I didn't fill the seams but used my A L Bentley 3-views for checking the dimensions. the model is pretty close so I measured the guns, aerials and scaled to fit. Not perfect but it came out nice. I would like to do the wheel wells and add more to the cockpit later. Need to add some more nomenclature also. They say it flys nice but like the Corsair, throttle management is crucial along with wheel landings. Maiden hasn't been made so I will have 2 planes to do this spring. I like challenges. In the wings I have a Sky Shark TBF Avenger and a Wing 61 1/2" Hellcat that I think would be great on electric and a scale prop. With our cold and dreary weather I have spent a lot of time/hours in the shop and I'm ready to get my practice planes out as soon as I can.
                                        After your NASM project what model are you doing?
                                        You and Elbee really got me inspired to try different things this winter and got my interest going again. Toledo Show used to be the big spring motivator.
                                        How are you progressing with your 3-d printer? Wife and I were talking this morning and she said I should get a printer. Always good to have her on my side.
                                        Best Regards, Rex

Comment

This is the new E-Flite FW-190 ... Wife and I were talking this morning....[a]lways good to have her on my side.
                                          Rex, She is a beauty and your Focke-Wolfe is, too. Best, LB
                                          I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                          ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Working...
                                          X