Official FlightLine 1600mm B-25J Mitchell PNP Thread
Collapse
X
-
Another quick update - At this point the movement of the B-25 is looking more concrete. It looks like we will receive the shipment (finally) on Sept 27th or 28th next week. It took US Customs 9 days to officially release the container even though they told us the inspection was complete. We just had to sit and wait and wait some more. I apologize. We're pushing everyone we can in every way possible.Leave a comment:
-
I’ve also noticed that the glazing on the canopy isn’t necessarily correct for some B-25Js. The drawings you posted show 4 panels in front which is consistent with my reference photos. I was wondering about that and you confirmed it. Easy enough to fix.Leave a comment:
-
Leave a comment:
-
Something tells me that we should be getting a good news email from MRC later this week.
Maybe the container gods will smile upon us patient folks
Leave a comment:
-
-
Larry - That great! Thank you. The larger size is giving me a hell of a time in the CAD model, but at least I have some time to figure it out before my plane arrives....Leave a comment:
-
I want to try and emulate the parachute retarded bombs they typically used for low level attacks. Should look cooler from the flightline too.
Leave a comment:
-
FNL - On your "H" measurement...I got 122mm from the bottom of the fuse to the top of the "glass". I hope its accurate enough to get you started and hope it helps.Leave a comment:
-
DesertDrifter - I used fishing split shot (#3 size which are about 1/10 ounce). Drilled out a shallow hole in each at the tip, glued the weight in and then painted. When dropped the bombs still flutter coming out, but they do a lot better with the weight :)Leave a comment:
-
Or a screw. Either way I'm dropping parachutes and having a great time.Leave a comment:
-
Evan, I noticed that the bombs just fluttered down. I wonder if a very small amount of wire in the nose of the bombs would helpLeave a comment:
-
FNL - Look fine to me except "H". I measured 65mm but I think you want the entire nose. I only measure the "glass". I'll measure mine tomorrow and get back to you.Leave a comment:
-
Would you please confirm or correct my interpretation of your sketch per my images below?FNL - Been trying to upload an image with some measurements, but HS is simply not taking it. If you are looking for a total swap of the "glass" , it's a bit more than HxWxL, but basically at the back the height I get is 65mm. From the bottom of the "glass" to the gun port is 62mm and from the gun port to the back is 142mm. The width I get at the back is 92mm and tapers at the front to about 75mm. Along the side from the back to the edge of the "lower glass section" is 105mm.
At least those were the measurements I got. They are NOT exact simply because my caliper is too small to make all of the point measurements, but MAYBE, just MAYBE this will help you get in the ball park. The image would make more sense, but I have tried numerous times to get one to load. It won't.
FINALLY got it to load.
Good luck and hope the info is useful.
H120x W92x L140mm
H1 62x L1 105mm
These dims are a long way off from my estimates and the CAD model becomes unstable when I try to use them. The loft characteristics also seem to have degraded into faceted transitions rather than smooth ones.... Probably have to start over and rebuild 100% at this scale to have a shot at this.
Leave a comment:
-
My understanding when they were talking about those exhausts was some versions had extras and some didn't. Maybe I misunderstood?
I like that some add the extra detail. For me what I got is fine. My only gripe about what came out of the box is trivial. The decals for Heavenly Body says its home fielded at Chico, C not Chico, CA. Pretty trivial
.
Oh, though I don't use them the bombs aren't weighted to fall properly.Leave a comment:
-
As to why or why not flightline decided not to add the extra exhaust stacks for scale accuracy is to me a mute point.
The addition of small details missing on a model of this complexity and difficulty to manufacture, just add to my ownership of the finished aircraft.
Total kudos to Flightline for bringing this excellent product to market for us to drool over and get upset when we can't have it NOW!.
Look at the creative ideas already dreamed up!.
Too each there own as far as what level of detail they prefer. Stock box to competition level to wildly modified.
I'm gonna wander over to your table and have a look at yours!.👍
SpadDriverLeave a comment:
-
Thanks Tom for the update!..
MRC's transparency regarding the shipment of our much anticipated toy's arrival is greatly appreciated!.
Have space cleared on the hanger floor awaiting it's arrival. In the meantime it's "HAPPY DANCING SPACE".
Oh Yah!..
Fast N Light Sir, your work is total BOMB!.💥
The exhaust ports look amazing and the idea of a strafer nose addition at that quality level!... Sierra Hotel Sir!
Now you have me thinking about a tribute to Major Paul "Pappy" Gunn and North American Aviation field sevice representative Jack Fox's efforts at the Fourth Air Depot, Townsville, Australia late 1942.
Maybe a 345th BG 499th BS "Bat out of Hell".Or a 498th BS "Falcon Squadron".
That's why I participate in this forum.
Gets my modeling juices flowing!.
thanks Folks,
SpadDriverLeave a comment:
-
Maybe, just maybe, there is some owner/operator OTR drivers bobtailing from the containers location to your area that would be willing to assistB-25 UPDATE - The customs inspection has FINALLY been completed. There were no issues with the inspection as expected. I have all hands on deck trying everything possible to get this container to Motion RC as quickly as possible. I'm cautiously optimistic we may receive this late next week but I'm not ready to bet on that just yet. I'm not sure if we can get this moving at this point on a Friday.Leave a comment:
-
Tom, that is great news. I guess I'd better start reorganizing my hanger to make room for it. I figured I wouldn't get started until I saw a little light at the end of the proverbial tunnel.Leave a comment:
-
B-25 UPDATE - The customs inspection has FINALLY been completed. There were no issues with the inspection as expected. I have all hands on deck trying everything possible to get this container to Motion RC as quickly as possible. I'm cautiously optimistic we may receive this late next week but I'm not ready to bet on that just yet. I'm not sure if we can get this moving at this point on a Friday.Leave a comment:


Leave a comment: