X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey TS
    Just went to dragon and seen that they had an HSD and a starmax version. Have you had any experience with the starmax planes. How do you like the quality of the HDS. I think this is a nice plane and for once the shipping and taxes are okay.
    Dewey l

Comment

Its the same plane, but from what I hear, the HSD is an upgrade...Id go for the HSD.
      www.TSHobbies.com
      Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

progress on the pilot for this one. He's lookin great!
        www.TSHobbies.com

Comment

I still have my Starmax one with the 4-cell and it still flies great. In fact, I have two and both are really good fliers. I just purchased the HSD one and waiting on my sound card parts. If you order the HSD one, be sure to get the one with the ESC. It has the UBEC needed to power to gear and navigation light. The plane is a breeze to build. I just finished mine and cannot wait to maiden it. Right now, shipping is free at Dragon and their customer service is really good. I am considering a second one while they are on sale and free shipping. Good luck and happy flying.

Comment

I use the pilot from my T-28 and it is a perfect fit. It looks good as well.

Comment

Well I guess that's it. Thank-you Phoenix for the info on the sale and shipping. Got no excuse now and I really like this plane. Dang I'm starting to accumulate slot of foam. 😁 flying foam.
              Dewey l

Comment

Heres the final bust sculpt. as soon as it comes in I'll get molds made and start casting.
                www.TSHobbies.com

Comment

Damn...........It has come to my attention from a reputable source that HSD has discontinued production of this bird after only a year and a half run, what a bummer because it actually is a pretty decent bird as aesthetics and performance goes. It had it's anomaly with the retract strut pin that I posted an easy mod fix for but other than that am totally confused as to the stop production. No parts avail anymore which shoots my mod idea for the new FMS 1500 P-47 right in the butt for using the Skyraider's 16" prop with the FMS 5060-360kV motor to achieve the proper scale proportions and performance from that new FMS release.
                  Maybe another opportunity for FlightLine, get those molds on the cheap and make some minor upgrades to keep an iconic Nam prop beast in the air.
                  Warbird Charlie
                  HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

oh wow that sucks..this is a great airframe..hope someone else picks it up so we can get parts..glad I have an extra prop.
                    www.TSHobbies.com

Comment

always wanted a A1 ,,, durafly had a nice 1100mm but they quit making them soon after they started ...never did figure that one out... then these big ones came out but I needed something smaller then 1600mm.. guesss I waited too long :(

Comment

dragon hobby has 1 left free shipping.

Comment

little high for me 419.00 free shipping.

Comment

wow..they were $200 but guess since its discontinued is the reason for the price hike
                            www.TSHobbies.com

Comment

i have the durafly one took me a year to find retracks for it after a crash,hk stopped making them right after i got one.

Comment

Originally posted by stitch View Post
                                i have the durafly one took me a year to find retracks for it after a crash,hk stopped making them right after i got one.
                                Sorry Stitch.........not even in the same class, this is about the HSD.
                                Warbird Charlie
                                HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

they have some parts for there,s but not many just to get retracks i had to buy a wing with the parts i needed inside.i needed the little part that holds the doors on,it snapped off in a crosswind slammed it into ground.bummer! really sucks had to get wing,thats when i stopped getting planes from them came here to stay.haha! teach them not to carry spare parts.hell i have 29 planes now anyone need one? hahaha 12 this year from motion. bout broke now.hope they don,t bring out a really nice one like the p38 or i will be getting another card.lol!

Comment

oh i know there not ov but that one hsd i really like that one.the durafly one fly,s great so i know that 63 in. will be even better.

Comment

now if flightline comes out with one i will get one if there not too bad on price i like bigger planes anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by TSHobbies View Post
                                        wow..they were $200 but guess since its discontinued is the reason for the price hike
                                        I ran to the website to buy it but I noticed the price increase, too.
                                        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

I finally got around to finish the painting of my Skyraider Bob ...I'll have to make some lightning bolt decals later to finish it off.. but ,keep in mind, this sculpt is actually Col Olds, but since they looked so much alike, and my plane is Bobs, figured might as well.
                                          but heres both versions.. my wife painted Col Olds, which she did a much better job on him than I did.
                                          www.TSHobbies.com

Comment

Working...
                                          X