Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanx TI for the info (got me baffled on where ya found it)
    My response to HSDgo is OK THEN..............NOT. No electronics , nada, zilch.........Nothing but a foam airframe for $260. LOL
    Warbird Charlie
    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Exactly, I'll wait til they drop it to 50.

Comment

• I did clarify with HSDgo that it is the airframe only. No electronics (no servos, retracts, ESC, motor).

Sean

Comment

• Hi Guys, I'm new here. Now before I go on, "Woodcock" is my mothers maiden name. It's been my gaming name for almost 2 decades. lol. So no I'm not a pervert, it's a very respected old English name.

OK, I just ordered a pair of E-flight 90 Degree rotating retracts to put in my brand new, "Dynam Cosair". One worked, one didn't, brand new out of the box, still on my build rack. Now, if any, "Dynam" reps are watching. "NO MORE DYNAM PLANES", for this pilot until this gets sorted! I highly recommend everyone does the same.

I actually purchased the last A-1 kit HSD had on sale. This plane holds a very special place in my heart. I use to fly in one frequently. I wasn't the pilot. This is whole story in it's self so I'm not going to go there. It's sitting safely in the box in my garage. So if the E-flight retracts work out in my Corsair I will be putting them retracts in my A-1, as I have an, "E-flight P-47 Razerback", and, "E-flight Super Marine Spit Fire", and the retracts on both never failed me even in the slightest.

If you want to see the, "A-1 Sky Raider" in action watch. "We Were Solders Once". This plane was in fact a beast, up close and personal. When you pick your scale pilot figure pay close attention, as this plane is a large plane. It quite literally took almost an act of god to shoot one down, (but some did get shot down in Vietnam).

So yes, this is a personal treasure for me, it's going to get the best of everything.
          Last edited by Woodcock; Apr 22, 2018, 08:54 PM. Reason: Clarification in syntax

Comment

• Welcome to the Squawk Woodcock. I have seen that movie numerous times and yes the A-1 was a beast.

Comment

• Welcome sir!

Comment

• Welcome to the Squawk Woodcock! And thanks so much for the explanation of your handle. That gained a few respect points in my book! :Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodcock View Post
                  Hi Guys, I'm new here. Now before I go on, "Woodcock" is my mothers maiden name. It's been my gaming name for almost 2 decades. lol. So no I'm not a pervert, it's a very respected old English name.

OK, I just ordered a pair of E-flight 90 Degree rotating retracts to put in my brand new, "Dynam Cosair". One worked, one didn't, brand new out of the box, still on my build rack. Now, if any, "Dynam" reps are watching. "NO MORE DYNAM PLANES", for this pilot until this gets sorted! I highly recommend everyone does the same.

I actually purchased the last A-1 kit HSD had on sale. This plane holds a very special place in my heart. I use to fly in one frequently. I wasn't the pilot. This is whole story in it's self so I'm not going to go there. It's sitting safely in the box in my garage. So if the E-flight retracts work out in my Corsair I will be putting them retracts in my A-1, as I have an, "E-flight P-47 Razerback", and, "E-flight Super Marine Spit Fire", and the retracts on both never failed me even in the slightest.

If you want to see the, "A-1 Sky Raider" in action watch. "We Were Solders Once". This plane was in fact a beast, up close and personal. When you pick your scale pilot figure pay close attention, as this plane is a large plane. It quite literally took almost an act of god to shoot one down, (but some did get shot down in Vietnam).

So yes, this is a personal treasure for me, it's going to get the best of everything.

Welcome to Hobby Squawk WC, the best retract for the A-1 is the FMS 1400mm P-40 retract.
                  TiredIron Aviation
                  Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

Welcome to Hobby Squawk WC, the best retract for the A-1 is the FMS 1400mm P-40 retract.
                    What modifications are needed for the FMS 1400mm P-40 retracts?

Mark

Comment

• Originally posted by zorkahn View Post

What modifications are needed for the FMS 1400mm P-40 retracts?

Mark
                      Look back a few pages, I posted pictures and such.
                      TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• If you drill out the stock strut 1/8" deeper you can leave the retract the full length and by re-drilling the retract mounting holes and cutting out a little foam in front of of the retract cavity you won't have to carve up the wheel wells.

TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Thanks for the welcome. I was wondering about those FMS retracts, I'll take a closer look.

Comment

• Welp, After opening my 1600mm A-1 Kit from HSD, I have discovered I need a retractable tail wheel. Was wondering if anyone had any suggestions? Tower has more than a few of these, but would really like to get the one HSD used if possible. If not I'll have to come up with some sort of solution for this. The kit did come with push rods, & clevises. Haven't looked for control horns yet though, very big box.

Best Regards
                            Woody

Comment

• How about one of these:
                              Don't know how it work scale wise but some guys have used them in their 74" B-17's so I would think it would be sturdy enough.

Comment

• Hey NoDirt, Nice!! Now let me se if I can find anyone that has one LOL. I'll check MRC first.

Woody

Comment

• Thanks for the help, "Nodirt"! I just ordered 3 from the FMS web site. Unfortunately MRC was out of stock. I have a Dynam Helcat & Corsair I'm going to fit with the other two, or try it anyway.

Best Regards
                                  Woody

Comment

• Cool. I hope they work out. I have one for my B-17 if I ever get around to building it!

Comment

• OK. got my servos sorted a bit, got my tail wheel.

So would some one that has the completed model send me a picture or two on how the servo rigging is sorted in the fuselage? I actually got all my control rods and control horns. but the fuselage is simply a blank pies of plywood with some inserts for servo's I think. I have the manual. But recommendations on successful a successful power train would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards
                                      Woody

Comment

• Well Guys, I've decided to go with the E-flight Corsair retracts for this plane. I'll probably need to cut them to the proper length. I'm then going to use this Dubro kit to mount the wheels. Seems like it will be pretty clean to me. Also I purchased a set of these exact retracts for my Dynam Corsair. I can say with total honesty, "They are built like a Sherman Tank. I'm very happy with the ones on my Dynam Corsair. Check out the wheel mounting kit pictures.

Comment

• Does anyone know the scale of this model? Is it 1/8 or 1/0? thanks

Comment

Working...
                                          X