X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jerry's Flying Circus View Post
    Just discovered on the HSDGO site that they have the "HSDJETS GENERAL LANDING GEAR CONTROL BOX" listed as a replacement for the HSD A1 retract control box. Excited to get this and verify it works so this SPAD can get some airtime. Grabbed a couple props also. Thanks again to OV10 for the hints!
    ;)
    Warbird Charlie
    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Ok fellow A1 flyers, I have bypassed and removed both of the junction boxes in this plane and direct wired the lights and replacement FMS P40 Retracts. Everything works great and I am very happy with the set up. This leaves me with a set of fully functional HSD main retracts (no struts or wheels) that are available. Message me if you need these and we can work something out.
      BTW - The FMS P40 retracts worked perfectly as a replacement retract for this plane. It did require some minimal foam carving because the body of the retract mechanism is longer than the stock body. I made no modification to the strut, it was a perfect fit on the retract. I did need to remove about 1/8" or so off the top of the retract to fully seat the strut.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jerry's Flying Circus View Post
        The FMS P40 retracts worked perfectly as a replacement retract for this plane. It did require some minimal foam carving because the body of the retract mechanism is longer than the stock body. I made no modification to the strut, it was a perfect fit on the retract. I did need to remove about 1/8" or so off the top of the retract to fully seat the strut.
        If you drill out the stock strut 1/8" deeper you can leave the retract the full length and by re-drilling the retract mounting holes and cutting out a little foam in front of of the retract cavity you won't have to crave up the wheel wells.

TiredIron Aviation
        Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• OV10, I am reviewing your modification of the gear fix. I am just getting around to it as I had extensive hand surgery and could fly. This is probably simple; however, let me make sure I understand the fix. I am going to remove the current pin and insert the roll pin with a vice, and re-insert the pin remover. In other words, the roll pin goes over the original pin to prevent failing out. I hope I understand this correctly. If not, please let me know where I am wrong. Many thanks for your help.

Comment

• The roll pin replaces the pin removed. The roll pin is also known as a tension or spring pin and it is slightly oversized and it compresses along its longitudinal slit to go in the hole and stay there very firmly which is why it has to be pressed in.
            Warbird Charlie
            HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

Seems like they were too long, I'll check tonight.
              What was the length of the struts, both FMS and HSD?
              Just let me fly so I may be free

Comment

• Here are a few pics of my newly complete A1. I love the foam this plane is made with and really look forward to flying it this spring!

Comment

• Great flying plane.
                  TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
                    The HSD Skyraider is one of the best built planes I've ever seen, I just don't understand why it had such a short lifecycle...I wish Flightline would buy the molds and refine it even more.
                    I had also indicated this back in post#28 so just wanted to keep this thought alive for Alpha by posting some Sandy "blast in the recent past" flight pics.
                    Alpha, give us 1700 Sandy...........plzzzzzzzzz.

Click image for larger version

Name:	091217fly4.jpg
Views:	786
Size:	147.6 KB
ID:	115454Click image for larger version

Name:	091217fly5.jpg
Views:	748
Size:	140.8 KB
ID:	115455Click image for larger version

Name:	091217fly7.jpg
Views:	754
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	115456Click image for larger version

Name:	091217fly8.jpg
Views:	707
Size:	149.6 KB
ID:	115457

Name:	091217fly3.jpg
Views:	700
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	115458Click image for larger version

Name:	091217fly2.JPG
Views:	851
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	115459Click image for larger version

Name:	091217fly6.jpg
Views:	722
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	115460
                    Warbird Charlie

Comment

• Yeah! I like it!

Comment

• That’s a VA-176 Thunderbolt’s A1.
                        I was a Thunderbolt from 1981-1984... A-6E Intruders and KA-6D Tankers

Name:	515A6985-3042-413E-9C88-514E5CC057C5.jpeg
Views:	545
Size:	103.3 KB
ID:	115527Click image for larger version

Name:	FA2D85C6-98B6-421A-8265-A7762A3772A5.jpeg
Views:	553
Size:	143.0 KB
ID:	115526

Comment

• Always liked the Skyraider.
                          FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• Ha
                            I held out to join the Navy until they replaced em ;)

Comment

• Looks like HSD is bringing it back...hope they do a PnP version.

Sean

Comment

• I missed out on the first run. I'll take one kit form or whatever :)

Comment

• I chatted with HSDgo this afternoon and found out this plane is discontinued. They have a few kits in stock that the factory had in their warehouse. So when these kits are gone, they're gone.

Sean

Comment

• Originally posted by EDFjetpilot View Post
                                    I chatted with HSDgo this afternoon and found out this plane is discontinued. They have a few kits in stock that the factory had in their warehouse. So when these kits are gone, they're gone.

Sean
                                    Did you per chance ask what the kit consists of ?? When Dragon Hobby carried the kit it included all electrics except the motor and ESC.
                                    Warbird Charlie

Comment

• Yeah the website has nothing about it at all

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

Did you per chance ask what the kit consists of ?? When Dragon Hobby carried the kit it included all electrics except the motor and ESC.
                                        Requires:
                                        • 6 channel transmitter and receiver (not included)
                                        • Battery and charger (not included)
                                        • Brushless electric speed controller (not included)
                                        • Brushless motor (not included)
                                        • Nine servos (not included)
                                        • Retracts (not included)
                                        TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• So you get a box of foam...

Comment

Working...
                                          X