Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post
    So this one is a lost cause now for replacement parts of anything :P
    Cmon Alpha.........you're warbird fanatics need a 1700 Flight Line Sandy. :Cool:
    I just got done talking to HSD and I have news that is a mixed bag..
    * The owner of the molds is out of the RC business
    * Dragon Hobbies is now closed it's doors
    * the Propellers will be in stock in Jan 18'!!!!
    * retracts are no longer made for this bird (we knew this already)
    * www.hsdgo.com is the place to get the Props in 2018!

So we know the mold's owner has retired from the business so that leaves the door open for another to buy it..if he is willing to sell it.
    Just let me fly so I may be free

Comment

• retracts has my bird grounded... guess Im just gonna have to bite the bullet and order some P-40 retracts and test fit myself.
      www.TSHobbies.com
      Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

• Originally posted by TSHobbies View Post
        retracts has my bird grounded... guess Im just gonna have to bite the bullet and order some P-40 retracts and test fit myself.
        I can confirm the FMS 1400mm P-40 retracts work great on the Skyraider, I had to cut a small amount of foam out at the front and rear of the retract cavity in the wing and re-drill the holes in the retract housing, the cover hinge needed some trimming and new holes as well.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20171216_214740927_iOS 1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	87.5 KB ID:	109460
        TiredIron Aviation
        Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

I can confirm the FMS 1400mm P-40 retracts work great on the Skyraider, I had to cut a small amount of foam out at the front and rear of the retract cavity in the wing and re-drill the holes in the retract housing, the cover hinge needed some trimming and new holes as well.

Click image for larger version Name:	20171216_214740927_iOS 1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	87.5 KB ID:	109460
          That is most excellent news. She lives again! I was able to purchase one of th last remaining sets of HSD gear for the Skyraider, but hoping not to have to use th m for a while. Still on the originals, but not without pin hang-up issues.

Thanks for for this great news TI!

Comment

• awesome! Thankyou TI .. I assume its also the struts from the P40 as well? can you take a photo of the whole assembly like that installed?
            www.TSHobbies.com
            Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

• No, I used the stock struts and wheels.
              TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearcat View Post

I just got done talking to HSD and I have news that is a mixed bag..
                * The owner of the molds is out of the RC business
                * Dragon Hobbies is now closed it's doors
                * the Propellers will be in stock in Jan 18'!!!!
                * retracts are no longer made for this bird (we knew this already)
                * www.hsdgo.com is the place to get the Props in 2018!

So we know the mold's owner has retired from the business so that leaves the door open for another to buy it..if he is willing to sell it.
                Alpha! Get Flight Line on that mold! That would be too awesome!

Comment

• The Propellers are now available on HSD's website.. I ordered mine already.

Comment

No, I used the stock struts and wheels.
                    Oh no..so the HSD version of strut is different from mine, mine was a single rod that was held down by two grubs, this one appears to have a 5mm? shaft that the strut bolts too?

correct me if I am wrong...

Comment

The Propellers are now available on HSD's website.. I ordered mine already.
                      I picked up a couple more extras last week, these are the best looking props made IMO.

Originally posted by Bearcat View Post

Oh no..so the HSD version of strut is different from mine, mine was a single rod that was held down by two grubs, this one appears to have a 5mm? shaft that the strut bolts too?

correct me if I am wrong...
                      I had to drill out the strut tube to fit the FMS retracts.

TiredIron Aviation

Comment

The Propellers are now available on HSD's website.. I ordered mine already.
                        BearCat and TI, the HSD A-1 prop looks different from the previous versions on the site. Doesn't have the scale looking center. I hate that they've jacked up the price a little more and took the scale look away. I hope it's the same hard carbon-like plastic and not just regular soft plastic. Let us know what you think of it when you receive it.

Thanks!

Comment

• Looking for some assistance/advice on the way forward.

I think i wrecked the mysterious small black box (retract controller) that the retracts tie into by plugging the smaller battery into the main control board backwards.

1. Is there any way to acquire an identical replacement small black box from HSD or anywhere else
                          2. Is there any other HSD retract controller that would be the same for a replacement
                          3. Are the FMS P40 retracts a suitable replacement as they can be wired directly to the RX and eliminate the retract controller
                          4. Why did HSD design the retracts with box and 2 wires?

Thanks for any answers provided!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jerry's Flying Circus View Post
                            Looking for some assistance/advice on the way forward.

I think i wrecked the mysterious small black box (retract controller) that the retracts tie into by plugging the smaller battery into the main control board backwards.

1. Is there any way to acquire an identical replacement small black box from HSD or anywhere else. You'll have to go on a Google safari
                            2. Is there any other HSD retract controller that would be the same for a replacement Probability that the HSD F-16 controller may work
                            3. Are the FMS P40 retracts a suitable replacement as they can be wired directly to the RX and eliminate the retract controller Yes per TI's post #103
                            4. Why did HSD design the retracts with box and 2 wires? Because it is actually a more reliable retract than the majority of etracts that have the internal controller circuit card.

Thanks for any answers provided!
                            See above comments in red
                            Warbird Charlie
                            HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Thanks OV10. It is as I suspected....

Comment

• Just ordered a couple of the props. The appearance isn’t as scale from the previous release, but gotta have it.

Comment

• Received my order extremely fast from HSD.GO for the A-1 props. Very surprised how quickly the order was processed, shipped and delivered. They could give BH some lessons since they are related now.

Any-who...so glad to have gotten another set. Didn't realize that I had 2 back ups already. But can never have enough of this particular prop. We'd be in trouble without it.

I have the original Starmax version in the camo scheme, with the original retracts still operating. Will be doing the pin modification on them soon though. I do have a back up of the new retracts waiting for the day they decide to crap out or break.

I was afraid that the replacement prop would not be the same quality, but it is basically the same. The only difference is that they are no longer painting the hub in silver color, and not quite the same build (structure). I'll work on getting mine lightly painted to give it that more scale look, while keeping it in balance.

NEW PROP WITH NO PAINT ON THE HUB
                                  Click image for larger version  Name:	New prop no paint.JPG Views:	3 Size:	97.0 KB ID:	114865

TWIN PACKED VERY NICELY (TWO PROPS IN THE PKG)
                                  Click image for larger version  Name:	Twin packed.JPG Views:	1 Size:	139.9 KB ID:	114866

CAMO SCHEME WITH PREVIOUSLY REPLACED PROP (PAINTED)

Click image for larger version  Name:	Camo scheme.JPG Views:	1 Size:	113.1 KB ID:	114867

ORIGINAL PROP THAT CAME WITH PLANE (The structure of the blades were more carbon-like, not the softer plastic. Made an incredible sound in the air. Engine type sound!
                                  Click image for larger version  Name:	Original prop.JPG Views:	1 Size:	215.5 KB ID:	114868
                                  Attached Files

Comment

No, I used the stock struts and wheels.
                                    Would the Stock FMS strut and wheel work with the Skyraider?

Comment

Seems like they were too long, I'll check tonight.
                                      TiredIron Aviation

Comment

If your referring to the P-40B strut/wheel...........NO
                                        Warbird Charlie
                                        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Just discovered on the HSDGO site that they have the "HSDJETS GENERAL LANDING GEAR CONTROL BOX" listed as a replacement for the HSD A1 retract control box. Excited to get this and verify it works so this SPAD can get some airtime. Grabbed a couple props also. Thanks again to OV10 for the hints!

Comment

Working...
                                          X