Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just took a good look at the pics of this bird on Motion's website, looks like she's been flown a few times, check out the wing tips and the wing faring and the pilots port side. Can someone comment on the flight characteristics?
    Also, it's too bad that FMS hasn't caught on to multiple decal schemes as this one doesn't really do it for me, major paint job and Callie Graphics would be a must.

Grossman56

Grossman56
    Team Gross!

Comment

I hear they are in stock and folks are flap jawin over on the other forum about getting their Motion shipping notice. Can't wait to hear the reports/vids come in speaking about and showing this bird.
      Change that status to IN STOCK :)
      Warbird Charlie
      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

No one has these in their mitts yet??
        This power system is so gonna go into my 1400 F4U Olathe.
        Won't be placing my order for the bird until the middle of spring but I could maybe use the struts on another project.
        Could the guys at Motion give strut length dimension from top of strut to axle center and wheel dia. when you get stock??
        Warbird Charlie
        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

This one is on my list.
          TiredIron Aviation
          Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Arrived!!!

Comment

Mine arrived today too. It is to cold out to even think of doing anything though :(
              AMA 1102566

Comment

Originally posted by AkumaZeto View Post
                Mine arrived today too. It is to cold out to even think of doing anything though :(
                AZ.......I saw your post over on the other forum too that ya got it.
                Can ya help me out here when you get a moment and provide an answer to my question from post#23 that I put to the Motion boys??
                Thanx,
                Warbird Charlie

Comment

Bajora has one, too. Perhaps he'll chime in here as well.
                  Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

I will be assembling ours tomorrow. I cracked open the box and was very impressed. Charlie I'll try and remember to take a measurement for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan@Motion/ryramZ View Post
                      I will be assembling ours tomorrow. I cracked open the box and was very impressed. Charlie I'll try and remember to take a measurement for you.
                      Thanx you very much my friend.
                      Warbird Charlie

Comment

Great looking Razorback...Nice features, looks like it flies great. The only thing that bugs me is the small prop. I wish FMS would meet us closer to scale-size...I realize that means higher cost due to a power system that can swing the closer-to-scale size prop but I would be willing to pay the extra $$ for a HP/scale prop version...
                        My YouTube RC videos:
                        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Here's the prop for this bird, I already have mine painted and waiting to pop on the plane.

16x6 one piece

Click image for larger version  Name:	20161230_202115866_iOS.jpg Views:	1 Size:	230.1 KB ID:	56414

Click image for larger version  Name:	20161230_202137477_iOS.jpg Views:	1 Size:	94.3 KB ID:	56413
                          TiredIron Aviation

Comment

That prop hub looks real Tired Iron!

Comment

Great video Ryan, man it seems so simple to assemble, love the wiring for the wings!!
                              I have to admit that if any plane should be 1500 mm or more this is the one. They have a razorback in the Museum of flight at Boeing field Seattle and the thing is, in a word, MASSIVE. There's an F4F sitting beside it and its dwarfed by comparison.
                              Love the chrome hub and prop assembly, I did notice that there is only one screw securing each of the prop blades to the hub which is unusual, all my other FMS birds have two, but I gather that's because of the top piece of the assembly fitting over it.
                              The L/G is cool too, I understand that the wheels have ball bearings around the axle instead of the usual slide the hole over the axle method. Its pretty scale, the way the gear extends and the doors overlap.
                              Nice to see the rocket tubes as well. I can't remember any other plane having those in the kit even though they were used by P-51's and P-38's as well.

To be honest though, I'm not crazy about the paint scheme so it would have been nice if they had done as Flightline does and left the decals off. That plane begs to be painted!!

Grossman56

Team Gross!

Comment

Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
                                Here's the prop for this bird, I already have mine painted and waiting to pop on the plane. 16x6 one piece
                                Ahhh......The HSD Skyraider prop.....too bad they'll be non existent shortly due to after a short year and half run they've discontinued it.
                                TI....What's that motor under the prop your going to use? Stk motor? If it is say like a 5060 size, what is your plan for mounting to the motor board?
                                Warbird Charlie

Comment

That's just a motor I used to mock up the hub nut.
                                  TiredIron Aviation

Comment

Put mine together this morning. Went together super fast. I of course replaced all hardware with grade 8 stuff. I hate stripping heads.
                                    AMA 1102566

Comment

Mine is on the way...
                                      TiredIron Aviation

Comment

Nice! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it. I have a 360kv motor, 125A ESC and the prop from the 1700mm P-47 inbound from motion to be transplanted into one of these eventually.

Comment

I got one as soon as they went on sale. my lhs deals with horizon and I try to spread my hobby dollars between them and motion. This is a really nice model. the photos do not do it justice. The assembly is the quickest of any I've ever had. Everything fit to protection. I had reservations after watching Ryan's build video showing alot of difficulties with the wing but just using even pressure they slid together fine.I've had my plane for a few weeks now and just hadn't had time to put it together. Now I can't wait for the snow or should I say dusting gets gone so I can maiden it. FMS I think got this one right.
                                          Dewey l

Comment

Working...
                                          X