Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, I really shouldn't have flown this morning. There was thick fog, windy, and I have a nasty cold. Landing really becomes more difficult when you are sneezing while trying to line up your approach :p. Well, gives me another thing to work on tomorrow, and the parts are already ordered. I'll work on fitting the 360kv motor tomorrow, and post the results of that here. I agree on the foam as well, almost feels similar to the soft foam on the PZ Mosquito. One wing shifted a bit in my trunk and bumped up again one of the hinge loops for the hatch. Despite being wrapped in a towel, there is still a permanent mark in the LE of the left wing now. I really hope their F7F is made of more rigid EPO.

Comment

• No different than if you jam the gas pedal down and fly to the next red light, you know you're burning more gas than the guy who has the lights timed and cruised through.

Grossman56
      Team Gross!

Comment

• Dang....Quite in here today, Is everybody looking to find more power? Please LMK when you find it....Regarding the soft foam and dents, check out my post on Tips and tricks (foam dent removal) getting these almost 100% gone.. It works great! :)

Comment

• Mine came off the main table and got hung up.
          TiredIron Aviation
          Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Really? I was watching you closely, looks like you like speed in your Warbirds like me.
            I am looking for a little larger Warbird than my E-flite 1.2 birds...Looks like without alot of upgrades and to have a bit of power the FMS P40 may be good for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by TomC View Post
              Really? I was watching you closely, looks like you like speed in your Warbirds like me.
              I am looking for a little larger Warbird than my E-flite 1.2 birds...Looks like without alot of upgrades and to have a bit of power the FMS P40 may be good for me.
              It's ok but right now I'm really enjoying the F7F and my 1700mm FMS Mustang and Corsair...oh and my B-17s.

I have some planes that I would rather look at than to fly ;)
              TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Nice.. The 1700 FMS mustang I was looking at also.:D like I said I am looking for a Bigger Warbird but want something with nice speed...I am pretty new to flying. So, I am having trouble finding what I am looking for...I am doing a lot of reading on these forums. was hoping this P47 running on 6s was my ticket..

Comment

• Originally posted by TomC View Post
                  Nice.. The 1700 FMS mustang I was looking at also.:D like I said I am looking for a Bigger Warbird but want something with nice speed...I am pretty new to flying. So, I am having trouble finding what I am looking for...I am doing a lot of reading on these forums. was hoping this P47 running on 6s was my ticket..
                  The 1700mm FMS birds are no speed demon either, if you want speed try the 980mm P-47.
                  TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• How do the stock 1700 birds compare to this stock 1500mm P-47 in the speed department?

Comment

• About the same, but they fly great...I really like to fly them.
                      TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Thanks for the Info.:)

Comment

• Yeah definitely feels the same as the 1.7 meter birds...
                          My YouTube RC videos:
                          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Is there a possible motor upgrade for this plane if people are wanting more out of it?

Comment

• Not a bolt hole direct drop in but stay tuned to this thread because several of us are looking at it
                              Warbird Charlie
                              HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Just completed my upgrade to the FMS 5060 360kv motor. This is not really intended as a speed upgrade, but is more so to spin the 17" scale prop from the 1700mm P-47. Should definitely fix the lack of climb power I experienced on my maiden flight. Here is what I did for the mod. Using the stock X-mount as a template, I drilled holes in the 360kv X-mount to allow it to bolt on to the stock motor mount, and recessed the mounting holes in to the mount. In order to mount the X bracket to the motor mount, the outer screws must be bolted in first, and the inner screws tightened from the inside of the fuselage to prevent interference with the motor. I also opened up the cowl opening a bit, and installed a Gecko 125A ESC. Should be ready for a flight on Saturday.

Comment

• (Popcorn eating emoji goes here) :)
                                  My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• OK.........knowing that I just made a comment to Delta over on the "51 need for speed" thread about going to stuff that 5060 into the Razor and am now having a different thought.
                                    I am looking closer as to how much further the back of the prop hub is forward of the mock radial plus how much relief had to be made due to the can diameter and am not really all that crazy of that.
                                    So the "mad modder" in me says, dude.......how come no one has looked at the 4258-550kV from the Olympus?? Same can size as stock, 4S has the RPM at 8140 for turning that 16" prop and the power handling is 70A also.
                                    Hmmmmmmm..............................the wheels are grinding. ;) Get a bigger bag of corn Aros. :p
                                    Warbird Charlie
                                    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• I run that motor on my 1200mm Sea Fury with a 15x10 5 blade prop on 4S, should move the Skyraider prop without any issue on 4S. Might definitively be an interesting experiment..

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	popcorn.gif-c200
Views:	523
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	59143..........
                                        My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Just got back from flying with the 360kv and a 6S 5500. All I can say is wow! TONS of power, and the plane hardly seems to notice the extra weight, in fact, I think it tracks a bit better than stock. Almost all of my 2 flights were done mostly around half throttle, never felt the need to firewall it. The vertical is unlimited, and it climbs out for some giant loops no problem. I have a sort clip that a friend recorded from my ipad, but it looks slower in the video than it seemed to me while flying. Most is just a few lazy circuits, but skip to the end for a climb power demonstration :D. Best part is that I flew five minute flight, landed and still had 75% left in the battery! Went up for another 7 minutes and landed with 30% still left. I get the feeling that this is going to be a new favorite of mine..

Comment

Working...
                                          X