X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lpcustom73 View Post
    Can the Tigercat be run on the same 6 cell adapter available for the P 38, This adapter is a parallel adapter, which provides approximately 3 cells to each motor....... less voltage overall.
    lpcustom73, I looked in the "Spare parts" and "Upgrade" tabs for the P-38 and didn't see what you are referring to. Are you talking about making your own custom adapter to use a 6s battery? The power systems for the FLRC P-38 and the Tigercat are identical if that helps.

Comment

• Originally posted by Phatbob View Post
      Out of work 3 days with a bug. What do you do? BOMBS!
      Looks great!

Comment

• Originally posted by Clearblue View Post
        Phatbob she looks great! Where did you get those bombs? They look really scale. I looked on Motion, but didn't find them. Thanks. Jim
        I got them here

http://dymondusa.com/cgi-bin/commerc...ction&key=2472

I still had to make pylons, decals, and paint them.

I have a couple bombs coming from here:

I'll let you know which I like better.

Comment

• They must have removed the adapter, as it was there from the beginning of the P 38 sales.... Was there a performance problem vrs motor spec

Comment

• Pratt & Whitney R-2800
            While I'm waiting for some other mod goodies for this bird it was decided that the P&W R-2800 needed a little more scale character.
            Just gotta finish doing the U shaped tubes at the top of the heads and call it close enough for government work!!!
            Warbird Charlie
            HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

They must have removed the adapter, as it was there from the beginning of the P 38 sales.... Was there a performance problem vrs motor spec
              The only one I remember was the 4s battery Y adaptor to run both motors from one battery but I just made my own. I do not ever recall them offering a 6s Y adapter for the P-38 as its only rated for 4s. I think they still offer the 4s Y adators in "assecories" or "electrics.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beeg View Post

The only one I remember was the 4s battery Y adaptor to run both motors from one battery but I just made my own. I do not ever recall them offering a 6s Y adapter for the P-38 as its only rated for 4s. I think they still offer the 4s Y adators in "assecories" or "electrics.
                Spot on Beeg........Never has been anything from Motion to make this a 6S machine. Those stock motors can't handle it and most likely neither can the spinner back plates.
                Warbird Charlie
                HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• The adapter they gave as an alternative was a parallel adapter which is 3 cells per motor..... or 6 cell battery. It was not meant to run on 6 cell per side.

Comment

The adapter they gave as an alternative was a parallel adapter which is 3 cells per motor..... or 6 cell battery. It was not meant to run on 6 cell per side.
                    Your analogy can not occur. You can not take a single 6s battery and split it's output with an adapter into 2 separate 3S motors.
                    Here's the basic rule:
                    Two 3S in parallel is still 3S with the sum of the two packs capacity rating for total capacity.
                    Two 3S in series is 6s at the same capacity of one pack.

What I believe you are looking for has been identified: a parallel Y adapter to connect 2 motors to one battery
                    https://www.motionrc.com/collections...o-esc-adapters
                    Warbird Charlie

Comment

• I wouldn't run 6s on this. Unless you upgrade the escs and motors, you might be looking at speeds near 130 mph at that point and alot of heat

Comment

• One beautiful model from MRC and FRC on the cover of the just released February 2017 Edition of Model Aviation Magazine::cool:

Comment

• Nice work Jon!

Comment

• Nice work Jon. Looks super ;)

Just another flight evening on a cloudy overcast day. Motor rotation changed to rotate inward and has the new upgrade Compression struts installed.
                            Propellers were changed to counter rotate inward and also has the new compression struts
                            Brandon Moon

Comment

• Nice video, looks like it works great

Comment

I got them here

http://dymondusa.com/cgi-bin/commerc...ction&key=2472

I still had to make pylons, decals, and paint them.

I have a couple bombs coming from here:

I'll let you know which I like better.
                                Thank you sir!

Comment

• ov10 check ohms law, the load is parallel, not the voltage. The voltage is split between the motors.....

Comment

• A little more work on my bomb pylons today.

Comment

A little more work on my bomb pylons today.
                                      Which plane did the drop tank come from?

Comment

• Making progress on the "Firecat". I made the mistake of first using a brand of decal paper that I usually don't and it set me back and I had to overlay the white background decals with my usual that are really opaque and don't show through. It kind of dorked up my edges since the new ones don't stretch like the first ones I laid down.

Not much left to do. I'm calling the paint finished. Was going to do more silver tones but meh..... Just need to finish the nose and underbelly tank demarcation stripe and a couple decals on the nose area and I'm going to call it good. Will put a semi gloss clear coat overall. This is taking way too much of my time. But working from photographs and trying to make it as historical as possible takes time.

Comment

• Looking really good, I really like the silver...the FMS F7F with be available in both blue and silver, this makes me think the silver in the way to go on the FMS.
                                          TiredIron Aviation
                                          Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Working...
                                          X