Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There is nothing 100%, as in life too............but if your reasonably prudent you try to minimize your exposure. ;)
    Warbird Charlie
    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Yes!

Comment

• Or else you get burned !:Sun:
        Team Gross!

Comment

• I'm gonna have to go to lowes or home depot tomorrow, had some glue stick to my fingers and it pulled small bits of paint off. :(

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
            Now just waiting on the batteries
            That is one gorgeous airframe, Rifleman. CONGRATS! Q:Are you doing any paint work?
            I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
            ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Naw just keeping with the stock paint. I just had an unfortunate incident with the CA and the wire track covers. The glue got on my fingers before I knew it and I pulled some paint off the bottom wing... really sucked.

Comment

Naw just keeping with the stock paint. I just had an unfortunate incident with the CA and the wire track covers. The glue got on my fingers before I knew it and I pulled some paint off the bottom wing... really sucked.
                Oh, so you will be doing some paint work. LOLLOL
                I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Hahaha YES! :)

Comment

• My 4000 4s packs just arrived and the test fit worked out to where no shaving was needed for the hatch, now to work out the cg! Woohoo! I'm stoked guys! WHOOA!

Comment

• Well I put my batteries as per the flight video with the 4000s where Ryan was setup. And I'm about 1/4 inch on the nose heavy side still, (checking with gear down) so 57mm. So now just trying ideas to get closer to where it needs to be hopefully without adding weight...

Comment

• Here's where I have them for 67mm.

Comment

Well I put my batteries as per the flight video with the 4000s where Ryan was setup. And I'm about 1/4 inch on the nose heavy side still, (checking with gear down) so 57mm. So now just trying ideas to get closer to where it needs to be hopefully without adding weight...
                          57mm CG.................NO NO NO Rifleman
                          You CG aft swinging gear with gear up first of all, thus when it is down you will have a somewhat nose heavy condition which is OK.........a lot better than a tail heavy bird when retracted.
                          A picture is worth a 1000 words. This is where my flies rock solid.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0795.JPG
Views:	351
Size:	191.2 KB
ID:	128100
                          Warbird Charlie
                          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• That's what I was looking for, thanks for that! :)

Comment

• Minor cuts needed to move the battery straps around, but I got it and the cg was on the same point yours was, right at 70mm

Comment

• I set flaps @ 15 degrees for T/O and 30 degrees for Landing. Your gonna luv this bird RM.
                                I liked it's overall flight characteristics sooooo much that the jump into a giant scale twin for me was without a doubt the ESM 2110mm Tigercat.
                                I'll be starting a build thread on that in the not to distant weeks. ;)
                                Warbird Charlie

Comment

• Hell yeah man! Right on!

Comment

• She's like a high wing trainer to fly!
                                    I went with Charlie's recommended flap settings and at half flap I have no elevator mix and a slight amount at full flaps. You can land without flaps if you have to, no biggie, but at 15 degrees its even easier to land, you can try full flaps and determine just how much elevator mix you want.
                                    This is a dream plane to fly!!
                                    Once you get into it, we'll let the modder come alive and the next thing you know you'll be yanking motors for more speed!!

Grossman56
                                    Team Gross!

Comment

• No doubt, I'm stoked!

Comment

Yes, actually, I think we both came to the same conclusion after he and I both lost our P38s to battery failure
                                        Thats why I only use one lipo for both planes

Comment

• What size battery do you use in the tigercat? 5k? I ask because that's what I was using in my P38

Comment

Working...
                                          X