Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xviper runs the same one as I do Dewey. 4258-550.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirty View Post
      Xviper runs the same one as I do Dewey. 4258-550.
      I used the same motor with 4S on the 1500 Razor with the 16" HSD Skyraider prop documented here.

Just threw this out there for consideration if Gooniac is still thinking of going with a 17" prop upgrade.
      Warbird Charlie
      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Im sorry Shirty i couldn't remember :Confused:. Old man syndrome. Later after reading back through the thread i found that but i was not able at the time to correct myself. Hey man still looking for that prop balancing video uou said you would try to do while building thw blue nose. Ive seen that that one has given you a fit. Thanks man. Happy fligjts
        :)
        Dewey l

Comment

• G'day Shirty,
          I have seen the weather over your way has been lousy the last week but going all of April with no rain would have been good for flying if not for the the local farmers.
          It looks as though we will be grounded this weekend with another burst of heavy rain. Why it has to rain on Sundays when it has all week to do so:Angry:
          I have had limited flying due to a few factors but at least one flight a week but I would love to get many more.

G'day gang,
          It is good that we have so many options with the Mustangs. From the adequate if slowish stock unit, to the 550/5-6s, 5804s, 650/4s. Then sound systems, landing gear choices and the like.
          She will fly slow, fast, mild and wild.
          FMS are on a winner with this machine, they just need to get the QC back up to scratch. I just hope that FMS do not get complacent and treat their customers like mugs. [that is Aussie talk for fools]

Hey Shirty, I really hope your expo goes well, I wish that I could get over there to be part of it. It would be a buzz to be able to support you in person but you have my support in kind!:)
          I pulled the pin on the fly in that I was trying to get off the ground due to the surgery that I was supposed to have last week on my hands. Guess what, the surgery was put back [was not surprised at all!] but it looks like it may be a blessing in disguise as it was this weekend that it would have been on. Forecast.....pi%%ing down rain
          Next year........
          Regards and respect
          Daryl

PS all the family are well and Johnathan is a real joy and getting very cleaver in how to get around Mum and Dad. I love him so much and not afraid to say it!

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

I used the same motor with 4S on the 1500 Razor with the 16" HSD Skyraider prop documented here.

Just threw this out there for consideration if Gooniac is still thinking of going with a 17" prop upgrade.
            That is good to know! I am not sure how I would get the prop to work with the spinner but am willing to give it a try.
            Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
            I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Anyone have tail wheel gear door issues ?
              My tail wheel will retract, but not far enough to pull in the gear doors. Now I know I could shorten the control rods, but then how does that affect them when they open, will they still spread far enough to let the tail wheel deploy?
              Just curious if anyone else has run across this.

Grossman56
              Team Gross!

Comment

• G'day Grossman,
                Are you flying off grass, and to make matters worse, wet grass?
                I have this as a re occurring problem when I am flying during our winter [now] and the grass is damp to soaking wet and it will take too long to dry out.
                The solution is to use my favorite product INOX.
                A quick spray into the tail wheel area and cycle a couple of times and the friction should be eased enough to get the tail wheel to go all the way home.
                I also have an issue at my home field of it being a sandy base and there is an amazing amount of rubbish that gets thrown off the the tail wheel even though the runway is fully grass covered and nice and smooth.:)
                And, of course it sticks like glue.
                Even flying off hard stuff will see enough dirt and crud thrown into the tail wheel well.

Also check that the doors are in fact glued firmly into place. If these can move, they will prevent themselves from closing. And of course, check that the whole unit is firmly in place.

INOX does not hurt the foam or any plastic that I have used it on and can honestly vouch for how good it really is.
                I used to get it for free when I worked for Massey Ferguson but I still buy the product now.

I fact, I used it out of twenty litre drums when I was racing dirt track speedway to get the mud to fall off the car. On my go kart it was what I used in the wheel bearings [dust shields removed] both front and rear. Never blew a bearing in twenty years. If it rained, I simply sprayed INOX all over the kart, never had any rust on any part, even the brake disc. Just had to remember that it was on the brake next time out.

I keep on recommending this product but MR INOX never sends me any freebies:Angry::Angry:

Ah well, it is STILL the best product on the market by a country mile or two!

Regards and respect
                Daryl

Comment

• Hey Wrongroad, I fly off a asphalt runway, but there easily could be a dust problem out her in WY!!
                  I'll have to try that, as that could easily be the problem, too much friction in the guides on either side. Tahnks!

Grossman56
                  Team Gross!

Comment

• I maidened mine on saturday and was instantly in love with it!! This thing is awesome! I am using stock 540kv motor with zip tie mod, stock esc, Added a ZTW UBEC and a 4s 35c 6000mah battery. I am getting 10 min flight times with this thing and love it as it is!!! I have a 4258 550kv motor ready to swap into it but not sure if I will bother. It suits me just fine as it is stock! Here are a couple of the videos and the playlist if you want to look at the rest.

I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Awesome!

Comment

• What rifleman said ;)

Comment

• Looks great, just got to remember that prop torque pull and add that right rudder.

Grossman56
                          Team Gross!

Comment

• Excellent Vids!!! Love the flying field. Like proximity of the pilots to the flight line a lot. I have the 560 Kv, No Prop mod.
                            Prop mod seems to work very well!
                            Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                              Looks great, just got to remember that prop torque pull and add that right rudder.

Grossman56
                              Look at the later videos and you will see it getting straighter. Basically I have to hold right just as I throttle up and it will go straight...

Also stay tuned... I was able to get the 1700mm 17x10 prop to fit on the spinner... I still need more parts but will be trying this out. it may only be a 3s configuration but it is for sure worth a try...

Comment

• Also.... the 560... blew the prop stickers off the prop. :-)

Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Hey gooniac,
                                  Tell your mates at the field that they were lousy for not giving you a rousing round of applause for a great maiden flight!
                                  It should have at least involved a group hug:Hug::).

It was great to hear the enjoyment in your voice. That does not happen all the time as some pilots get a little too tense.
                                  While we do not score each flight here at my home field [well not publicly at least] each good landing and good save [as the case may be] always gets a round of acclimation from the peanut gallery.
                                  If I could find the icon to do so I would, so consider it done!;)

I got a buzz out of your flights, so thank you very much, mate.

Regards and respect
                                  Daryl

Comment

• Originally posted by wrongroad View Post
                                    Hey gooniac,
                                    Tell your mates at the field that they were lousy for not giving you a rousing round of applause for a great maiden flight!
                                    It should have at least involved a group hug:Hug::).

It was great to hear the enjoyment in your voice. That does not happen all the time as some pilots get a little too tense.
                                    While we do not score each flight here at my home field [well not publicly at least] each good landing and good save [as the case may be] always gets a round of acclimation from the peanut gallery.
                                    If I could find the icon to do so I would, so consider it done!;)

I got a buzz out of your flights, so thank you very much, mate.

Regards and respect
                                    Daryl
                                    LOL its all good. We are a tight group and are always doing that with each other. Glad you enjoyed the flights! It is a gem for sure!! Love it!

Comment

• Sounds like my club, if you do not have a sense of humour, you are in trouble:).
                                      If I ever win loto, I am coming your way for sure. An around the world trip just to fly models.....awesome!
                                      I was glad that you ditched the drop tanks, while they look good, they do hamper the flight just a little. I only ever put them for static displays.
                                      Regards and respect
                                      Daryl

Comment

• Originally posted by wrongroad View Post
                                        Sounds like my club, if you do not have a sense of humour, you are in trouble:).
                                        If I ever win loto, I am coming your way for sure. An around the world trip just to fly models.....awesome!
                                        I was glad that you ditched the drop tanks, while they look good, they do hamper the flight just a little. I only ever put them for static displays.
                                        Regards and respect
                                        Daryl
                                        I did ditch the tanks for the last couple flights at Skypark... Here take a look..

Comment

• G'day gooniac,
                                          Mate I wish I had of been there for that. Great flying, great communication and great models.
                                          I witnessed two pilots making the call of 'low pass' and neither nominated a direction. One pilot simply said 'I'll follow you through' so the other pilot thought that he was going to be followed by the pilot making the call. Not so!
                                          I am sure you know what happened next!
                                          Yep, they MISSED!!!:Whew::Whew: But by the barest of margins. They were at the exact same height on opposite headings and passed within fifteen centimetres of each other.
                                          I was next on the flight line [with an observer] and we both winced as they passed. We thought a head on had to happen at full speed.
                                          Two very sheepish pilots landed soon after and received a huge cheer for such 'precision' flying. Or was it a huge razzing from the peanut gallery?
                                          Needless to say, they do enjoy telling the story at parties and the passes get lower and faster with each telling;).

I have come back with a wheel mark on a wing from someone not flying the circuit. Too close for comfort and I have a screen grab of my Red Tail in very close quarters to a camera plane in a head on approach. I claimed a kill!
                                          We were about one hundred and fifty feet off the deck, about a hundred metres from the flight line. Could have been not so nice but we both went left at the same time.:Cool:
                                          We now have an understanding at my club that if a head on looks likely for both pilots to go left. It works. Our version of TCAS. And we have a strict rule about low passes along the runway can only be done in the direction of the circuit being flown at that time.
                                          I get to fly at a major city club from time to time and it is great to get a flight of ten or so models all being talked around the sky by the flight leader.
                                          People in the crowd do not realise that we are just playing follow the leader on one pilots command but it looks so cool with ten aircraft banking into the turn and screaming around in simple figure eights and loops. It all comes down to communication and good flying. It is so much fun but exhausting at the same time. It takes so much concentration to do.
                                          We often get asked how much practice do we do and people are amazed to hear that we come from all over the place and only meet up at the event. Some of us live six hundred kilometres apart. That word comes in again. Communication.
                                          Taking off in formation and landing in twos also makes it interesting. A good spotter is really handy to keep enough separation at all times. The half a dozen times I have been in it there has not been a collision although I have been told that they do happen.
                                          Next time I will use my mounted el cheapo $50 knock off gopro. I have it cut in to an old canopy of BBD's and it give surprisingly good footage for such a cheap camera.
                                          Regards and respect
                                          Daryl

Comment

Working...
                                          X