X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grossman56

Dan - RC Castle has tons of the old FMS parts. Here's the link to the P-51B wing mounts.
    FMS 1.4M P-51B Wing Bolt Plate (rc-castle.com)

Warbird Charlie
    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Thanks CB, but the pieces that I'm missing are the pieces that those screw into, the pieces that are mounted in the fuse, unfortunately, they don't offer those which is silly as they could break as easily as anything else.
      Team Gross!

Comment

• Hi guys, I have the p51 V4 retracts fitted in my FMS zero 1400 and I want to know if the V8 retracts will be a drop in fit ? if I damage my current ones

Comment

• Originally posted by paulnz View Post
          Hi guys, I have the p51 V4 retracts fitted in my FMS zero 1400 and I want to know if the V8 retracts will be a drop in fit ? if I damage my current ones
          No way to really tell unless you can find the dimensions for the mounting plate, holes, etc. I don't think the retract mounts changed from V4 to V8 but the details could be subtle. Unless someone has actually done it, it's really hard to say. Even if the V8 ones changed a little, it's easy enough to modify the mounting area to make them fit. (Check out how to use the baking soda and CA glue method for building up and replacing old parts, filling holes. Search Youtube or Google.)

Comment

• Hi Guys, I'm keen to buy the FMS P51 V8, just wanting to know how the upgraded main gear is performing, the advert says it now has shock absorbing struts with 4mm diameter lower section.
            keen to hear what you guys have to say, I would like to get the FMS trojan V4 I am reading on rc groups that the nose gear is not holding up well and guys are having to do mods.

Comment

• I had the V8 P-51 and I never had a problem with the gear. However, when I gave it away to my friend, the first thing that happened was one main gear failed upon a hard landing. He needed to replace it. It could not be fixed. This should tell you that any gear, no matter how robust or upgraded it is, can fail. It all depends on the end user.
              I can't speak directly about the T-28 but there were 3 of them at our field last season and no catastrophes were ever seen or reported. Being a trike geared plane, the nose gear can cause some steering issues where the plane had a tendency to tip over if steered too severely, far more so than most trike geared planes. Being that way, the nose gear can become bent/loose but fixable.

Comment

• I have the T28 and have flown it from bumpy dirt many times still on the original gear. It lifts off in short distance and can land gently. There are gear upgrades that people have done and I have a replacement gear ready to go should I need it. I am still getting plenty of enjoyment out of the stock gear. It's a fun plane, zero regrets!

Comment

• Lazy day flight of my Big Beautiful Doll.

Comment

Working...
                  X