Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wonder if there is any updating to this release. Is it still the V8 or is it a new V9?
    The plane is a little dated, although a great plane, it needs the 650 kv motor as a stock power system at the very least.

Grosman56
    Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
      I wonder if there is any updating to this release. Is it still the V8 or is it a new V9?
      The plane is a little dated, although a great plane, it needs the 650 kv motor as a stock power system at the very least.

Grosman56
      That's the news that I'm anxiously waiting on. Did FMS do any updates that would keep it relevant in the market or did they do one last run of the V8? I'm good with the V8 and will be more than happy to have one. But I am very curious!

Comment

• The silence is deafening!

Comment

• Sorry I am driving by on this thread but it's my understanding that the "E-flite" P-51D IS the FMS V9. That's been my impression at least.

My YouTube RC videos:
          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Most certainly....

Comment

• I guess I can see that. I'm just not real fond of the livery of the 1.5, and for the price I really have to love it!

Comment

• I agree. The Eflite 1.5 looks great in every other respect but I just don't like the livery. My painting skills are limited and I enjoy flying more. Just can't bring myself to spend $500 and then go through a repaint/re-decal.

Comment

• Just got home from flying my Eflite 1.5 I'm getting more and more used to the way it looks, both in the air and on the ground. It certainly is much more visible in the air. However, comparing it to my old FMS V8, converted to 6s power, I think the V8, 6s is a much better performing plane. I had the BBDoll and it was somewhat "uninspiring" in the looks department in the air. Being a much lighter airplane, the BBD could fly rings around the new Eflite effort. Nevertheless, it was a solid flyer, with its AS3X. The strong crosswinds didn't affect it at all. Still hate that bouncy landing due to those rock hard tires. Will have to replace them with the Dave Brown low bounce ones and maybe even soften up the springs in the main struts. The FMS lands like a dream. The Eflite is like jumping jacks unless the landing is perfectly set up.
                  If the Eflite is the FMS V9, I hope FMS doesn't follow the same path with their next 1450mm offering. I may get the FMS 1700mm P-51 as long as they don't "improve" too much. (Or maybe if Freewing comes out with a big one. )

Comment

• I got excited that the FMS version of the e-flite 1.5 might be coming, but alas. Looks like it's only for the chinese market. I'm not a fan of the blue livery of the e-flite either. If I hate the paint/livery I just can't bring myself to shell out 500 bucks. Motion/Freewing would literally print money if they release a good looking mustang in the 1600 series (or larger).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_qh...0ft9BHdo-34Wzo

Attached Files

Comment

• I'm pretty sure a Freewing P-51 is coming.

That being said, while I rarely fly it FMS really nailed the air frame and with 6S power, it's still a joy to fly. You just have to be careful not to have the prop hub disintegrate on you. The stock prop could use a bit more pitch as well.

Comment

• Well I did get word from FMS that I can expect to see my Dutchess from HH sometime around mid August. We shall see. I didn't ask about any updates, I figured it was tough enough just to get a delivery update.

Comment

• Rumor has it FedEx will be delivering a 1450 FMS Red Tail P51 tomorrow afternoon!!

Comment

• Zoggan, Let us know how it looks, again ,I got a change of heart and now a fan of my Freewing Old Crow P51 , yet to maiden but working hard On it’s setups to give myself a fighting chance..l beautiful bird though!!!

Comment

• Yes I'll let you know if there are any changes. Not really expecting any but we shall see.

Comment

• I received the P51 in good condition and I'm slowly working on putting her together. Seems to be the same kit as before. This one has an 80A ESC I was thinking it was 70A before? Had to trim the wing tubes to get the wings together like before too, no big deal. Plane's going together well and I'm very happy to finally have it.

Comment

• Not sure if I've run into a snag or not. First plane with flaps, 1.5 inch tear in flap hinge starting from the fuselage but this plane comes from FMS with hinge tape applied to the flaps. Is this a non issue?

Comment

• Originally posted by Zoggan View Post
                                    Not sure if I've run into a snag or not. First plane with flaps, 1.5 inch tear in flap hinge starting from the fuselage but this plane comes from FMS with hinge tape applied to the flaps. Is this a non issue?
                                    I can tell you that there is no hinge tape on any of these planes from FMS. I suspect that the flap hinge was damaged post manufacture and someone along the way tried to fix it before dumping it on you. Perhaps it was even a return back to a hobby shop, then back to Horizon. After getting "repaired", it went back into the system and found its way to you.
                                    As far as it being an issue, that's up to you. A repair with hinge tape is something that's commonly done by an owner after some use or a mishap. However, do you or do you not want a damaged and repaired plane that's supposed to be brand spanking new?

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                                      I can tell you that there is no hinge tape on any of these planes from FMS. I suspect that the flap hinge was damaged post manufacture and someone along the way tried to fix it before dumping it on you. Perhaps it was even a return back to a hobby shop, then back to Horizon. After getting "repaired", it went back into the system and found its way to you.
                                      As far as it being an issue, that's up to you. A repair with hinge tape is something that's commonly done by an owner after some use or a mishap. However, do you or do you not want a damaged and repaired plane that's supposed to be brand spanking new?
                                      Well now isn't THAT interesting! I've already contacted Horizon Hobby, we'll see how it gets handled and I'll report back.

Comment

• I'm happy to report that Horizon has sent me out a new wing set along with the decals. I appreciate their taking care of this issue in a quick and efficient manner.

Comment

• Not sure if this is the right thread, but I just got an FMS P51D Big Beautiful Doll from an estate sale. No Manual or rx. Don't know which version, but likely not v8 checking against the online v8 manual. Guessing v7 but can't find earlier version manuals online. For purposes of version id, it has a gold and black 540 motor, slide-in battery tray, and just rear of the battery tray a green multi-function board screwed to a piece of wood with what looks like a sequencer partially visible under the board. Also, the interlocking tail assembly is secured to the fuse in the rear by a single screw from the bottom of the fuse going through the horizontal and vertical stabs, and in the front by 2 small plastic dowels fit into matching holes in the fuse. Any help on which version this is would be appreciated.

More importantly, I'm not sure how to connect the wiring. I plan to use a 6ch Spektrum or compatible rx. Coming from the green multi-function board are 3 wire leads with connectors marked Ail, Ele, Rud, Flaps. 3 wire leads marked Thro and Gear come from the esc and sequencer respectively. I assume these connect to rx normally- Thro 1, Ail 2, Ele 3, Rud 4, Gear 5, Flaps 6. However, also coming from the middle of the green multi-function board are two 6 wire leads connected to two relatively large black plastic male connectors, each with five 3 wire pins. These obviously connect to the wiring from the wings, but there is no marking indicating what goes to which pin. The wings have eight 3 wire leads with female connectors- 2 marked Ch5C, 2 marked Ch5B, 2 marked Ch1Ail, 2 marked Ch6Flaps. There are also two unmarked 2 wire leads with female connectors (lights?). No idea which set of wing wires get plugged into which set of pins in the black plastic connectors coming from the green multi-function board. Sorry if this is lengthy but I tried to be as descriptive as possible. Can anyone help or provide a diagram? Many thanks in advance.

Comment

Working...
                                          X