X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wvrailfan View Post
    Sky Wolf, thanks for the info, what battery are you using?
    WV, I use the 3600mah Admiral 4s. That batt rocks. It's giving the best performance.
    I also use a 3300 Genesis "Pete Series", but one of them already has a bad #1 cell, after only about 10 flights on it.

Comment

• G'man that cockpit is lookn good brother....wvrailfan & Skywolf welcome to the thread...One thing I would suggest if your using the stock esc with the 650kv motor is use an external bec. Most often the internal bec is the first thing that goes if you happen to overamp, also you could add some capacitors too. Very easy to do with basic soldering skills. If you need to know how to do this just ask and I will post a link and pics.... DJ
      FMS: PT-17, Waco, B-25, P-40, P-47, J-3
      DF: P-51D, Spitfire, geebee, Skyraider
      Dynam: Grand Cruiser, A-10
      J-pwr P-38, FZ Beaver + too many more

Comment

• little off topic but I think some of you may like to see a couple of giant scale corsairs (2.8 meter wingspan), with 250cc 5cyc Moki radials in em. :)

Click the link below.
        Warbirds, 3D/aerobatic, bi-planes, micro/indoor, seaplanes and more

Comment

• Nicely done vid Shirty...love the sound of those radials
          FMS: PT-17, Waco, B-25, P-40, P-47, J-3
          DF: P-51D, Spitfire, geebee, Skyraider
          Dynam: Grand Cruiser, A-10
          J-pwr P-38, FZ Beaver + too many more

Comment

• Hellos Stang heads...

Need to vent a bit and get an opinion or two if I may...

I was required to edit a post on...yeah you guessed it Shirty...RCG...for trolling. I replied to a fella that was nit picking a new plane to death (the new Fliteline Spitfire). This is what I wrote...complete with the faces...

" ;):D You're the guy that would complain about one boob being slightly bigger than the other on a supermodel aren't you?:D:D;) "

Now...would you guys NOT get that that was meant in jest?? Maybe I'm wrong. I expect a grown man can take a joke...

Thanks for any input fellas...

SM
            Big time propeller head
            Love flying scale and 3D
            Currently building a GP SE5A

Comment

• The problem is less boys are being raised to be grown A** men.

Comment

• Originally posted by Starck Mad View Post
                Hellos Stang heads...

I was required to edit a post on...yeah you guessed it Shirty...RCG...for trolling. I replied to a fella that was nit picking a new plane to death (the new Fliteline Spitfire). This is what I wrote...complete with the faces...

" ;):D You're the guy that would complain about one boob being slightly bigger than the other on a supermodel aren't you?:D:D;) "

Now...would you guys NOT get that that was meant in jest and get your panties in a wad?? Maybe I'm wrong, but damn. I expect a grown A## man can take a joke...

SM
                All I can say is that when the lines are walked you have to expect feedback, both positive and negative. "Grown men" are all different. Some can take a joke, some are sensitive to the wordings. Some are ok with words of sexual connotation, some are not ok with it. I don't think it's about gett No panties in a wad. It's probably more about respect in an open forum like this.

As was posted in the HobbySquawk code of conduct, if something doesn't need to be said, or can be construed as offensiv, it probably shouldn't be said. If there's any doubt, there is no doubt about it. It's a rule that keeps all safe in most cases.

I just hope offensive language never penetrat s this forum. Once it starts, center a little, it has a tendency to increase in intensity. And then the line gets crossed at some point.

Onward and upward!

Comment

• Ok, time to put my Mod Hat on for just a minute.
                  First, language.
                  We are all, for the most part, grown men. But I also understand that we are really overaged teenagers in a lot of ways. But we all learned (hopefully) that there were different rules as to how we express ourselves in different situations. I used to work at a place, with guys and girls, where the f bomb was dropped on a regular basis. In fact one girl set the record for f bombs in a single sentence!
                  We finally , as a group started to realize it was getting ridiculous and cleaned it up quite a bit.
                  I expect, that as men who set an example for the younger men and women who also habit this forum. We keep this in mind.
                  We model for the next generation, so, we will keep the language in check to a certain degree and lets face it, we all know whats appropriate and whats not.

Second, opinions are freely expressed on products here. Motion R/C has made it plain that we are free to talk about any product R/C related and express our views on it, positive and negative.
                  Having expressed your opinion, whether you buy or pass on a product is up to you. If you don't like it, say so and say why and then leave it. If others disagree, fine that's their right as well, but fellas, we're arguing over a piece of foam for Gods sake!

I didn't read what was said and I gather that it wasn't here, I really don't care. I know that Shirty has expressed his opinion about the 1200mm versus the 1400mm scale which I happen to agree with, given my situation here in windy Wyoming. That's just my requirements. If Ford builds a truck that doesn't meet my requirements, I don't get mad, I just don't buy until I find one that does, pretty simple.
                  I think its amazing to watch the reaction to the P 38 and I'm hoping that its a real motivator to the manufacturers to revisit building bigger models, we'll see.
                  Anyway, guys and gals, my humble opinion put nicely...

Grossman56
                  Team Gross!

Comment

• Well put gentlemen. And noted.

I do think thicker skin is something we have lost for the most part though...many glass half empty people are looking for the next thing to be offended by. There is absolutely no way to exchange opinions and not expose differences in personality...no matter what the discussion. How we handle that is key...
                    Big time propeller head
                    Love flying scale and 3D

Comment

Well put gentlemen. And noted.

I do think thicker skin is something we have lost for the most part though...many glass half empty people are looking for the next thing to be offended by. There is absolutely no way to exchange opinions and not expose differences in personality...no matter what the discussion. How we handle that is key...
                      👍🏽 Yep, let's keep building up this HobbySquawk forum in a way that I can let my kids learn from it too, and not fear what might get read or seen...please😬!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sky Wolf View Post
                        👍🏽 Yep, let's keep building up this HobbySquawk forum in a way that I can let my kids learn from it too, and not fear what might get read or seen...please😬!
                        I agree friend...although I urge any parent to make sure their children grow up knowing that once an adult...nobody is responsible for their happiness except for them...

Accepting that simple fact has made my life much happier and richer.:) When I get upset at something said or written by someone I don't even know...it is obvious I have forgotten that for a moment...
                        Big time propeller head
                        Love flying scale and 3D

Comment

Hellos Stang heads...

Now...would you guys NOT get that that was meant in jest?? Maybe I'm wrong. I expect a grown man can take a joke...

SM
                          "Input" ............................ The rules at RC Groups are antiquated for these modern times and they use whatever excuses that are handy to justify them and keep them. They maintain those rules even in light of the objections of the majority of those who use it. Their mods have a "God like attitude" which props up their egos when in the real world, their characters won't hold water in the company of normal human beings. You don't need to be a psychologist to immediately see this if you've ever watched a video where they are trying to present a story or their point of view. Just look at their mannerisms and look into their eyes. And then there's the small minority of "groupies", who follow them like sheep and defend them as if they were evangelists in a tent. I hate the way they treat some people and never admit fault when fault is clearly evident.
                          Solution? ..................... For me, I've stopped posting there. I won't "edit" anything. I won't give them the satisfaction. I lurk and milk it for whatever information I need and give nothing back. It's like free money. And they'd like us to pay money and "join"? Not a chance in "you know where".

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper2 View Post
                            "Input" ............................ The rules at RC Groups are antiquated for these modern times and they use whatever excuses that are handy to justify them and keep them. They maintain those rules even in light of the objections of the majority of those who use it. Their mods have a "God like attitude" which props up their egos when in the real world, their characters won't hold water in the company of normal human beings. You don't need to be a psychologist to immediately see this if you've ever watched a video where they are trying to present a story or their point of view. Just look at their mannerisms and look into their eyes. And then there's the small minority of "groupies", who follow them like sheep and defend them as if they were evangelists in a tent. I hate the way they treat some people and never admit fault when fault is clearly evident.
                            Solution? ..................... For me, I've stopped posting there. I won't "edit" anything. I won't give them the satisfaction. I lurk and milk it for whatever information I need and give nothing back. It's like free money. And they'd like us to pay money and "join"? Not a chance in "you know where".
                            Well...thanks for the input. I have to agree about one thing for sure...the mods on RCG are very, very inconsistent. I have seen in the past the same exact comment made in the same context by two different people in different forums and one gets his hand slapped and the other hears nothing about it. Seems to depend on which mod it is and what mood he's in determines what happens. In my opinion...that is as "offensive" as the comments are perceived to be. If you are going to regulate at all...which I get is sometimes necessary...do it consistently.
                            Big time propeller head
                            Love flying scale and 3D

Comment

• God, too political for me. I certainly didn't get into this hobby for any of that, quite the opposite. I get a chance to get away from information highway, just me and a dozen of my favorite planes and put on my own private/public airshow to the delight and enjoyment of myself and anyone else who's there.
                              My hope is exactly what Sky Wolf expressed. I want to think a that a young fellow or young gal can hop onto this forum and spend some time reading and walk away much more knowledgeable in things aeronautic, not linguistic.
                              As for groupies, I left that behind when I quit the music biz!!

Grossman56
                              Team Gross!

Comment

• Ok guys I got drawn in there for a moment too. But let's get back to the real discussion airplanes. 😃

Comment

• Now, about them "Stang Heads" What a great name for a group!
                                  I was out to the field this morning, again, hoping for a maiden.....dang wind!!
                                  Stitch did this great mod on his Freewing with Mr R/C sound. It has a whistle and the machine guns with the lights at the end of the gun barrels, too cool, has anyone else did that, I'm sure you have, any details on the gun mod??

Grossman56
                                  Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                                    God, too political for me. I certainly didn't get into this hobby for any of that, quite the opposite. I get a chance to get away from information highway, just me and a dozen of my favorite planes and put on my own private/public airshow to the delight and enjoyment of myself and anyone else who's there.
                                    My hope is exactly what Sky Wolf expressed. I want to think a that a young fellow or young gal can hop onto this forum and spend some time reading and walk away much more knowledgeable in things aeronautic, not linguistic.
                                    As for groupies, I left that behind when I quit the music biz!!

Grossman56
                                    Grossman,

Not trying to be political...just hoping find a happy medium between regulation and ridiculous. It's part of any forum...unfortunately. If it were not there would be no need for mods. As a mod yourself...maybe there is something to learn here after all...way more than Xviper have expressed on Hobby Squawk that they are here as a direct result of how poorly RCG handles these situations. How you and the other mods handle things here may well have an impact on growing this forum. Good to know what your members think...weather you agree with them or not...wouldn't you agree?

Hobbies are a reflection of life...like sports. The fellowshipping and comradery, teamwork, learning how to win and lose gracefully, how to repair things, patience, refining skills, learning new skills, etc. So many things we learn in our hobbies...especially dealing with the other people involved...can be applied to life. I love airplanes and aviation and adore this hobby, but its never been just about planes...

Respectfully,

SM
                                    Adam
                                    Big time propeller head
                                    Love flying scale and 3D

Comment

• And as for the "Stang Heads"...I'll be flying Starck Mad later today! We finally have an afternoon where the wind isn't in double digits...

Also hoping to fly my P-38 tomorrow morning for more than 2 minutes. On the maiden it was really foggy and I landed almost immediately after realizing the visibility at 50 to 100ft was way less than ground level.
                                      Big time propeller head
                                      Love flying scale and 3D

Comment

• Yes, you nailed it, I guess the only thing I can add to that is that the balance of being about planes and the other things you mentioned varies between people.
                                        Together we win!
                                        Spilt into factions we lose.
                                        Good discussion Starck Mad, gives me a little more insight on your thoughts, you seem like a great guy and I'm glad to have you here.
                                        Appreciate your wisdom my friend!

Grossman56
                                        Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                                          Yes, you nailed it, I guess the only thing I can add to that is that the balance of being about planes and the other things you mentioned varies between people.
                                          Together we win!
                                          Spilt into factions we lose.
                                          Good discussion Starck Mad, gives me a little more insight on your thoughts, you seem like a great guy and I'm glad to have you here.
                                          Appreciate your wisdom my friend!

Grossman56
                                          And I truly appreciate yours my friend! I hope you get some primo flying WX soon!
                                          Big time propeller head
                                          Love flying scale and 3D

Comment

Working...
                                          X