Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just upgraded my retracts from version 7 to the new slower bigger bracket style with Small parts CNC aluminum upgrades and put in a 6 second sequencer. Now my inner doors barely open. 45 degrees tops. They use to go 90 with the 3 second sequencer. Has anyone else experienced this?
    Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by KiwiRod View Post
      Thanks Daryl for the tips, and G Man for the small parts info. Funny you should mention it..... I went out for a run up and down the strip tonight, short grass with some minor bumps but not too bad. I'd noticed a couple of cracks in The plastic base of the retracts when putting the plane together and never gave them much thought since. I've got a small amount of flap mixed in when my gears down for take off and landing and got nice straight taxi/ run up and pretty much as soon as I let the elevator off she popped up on the mains and then came up off the ground. I guess that's classed as flying. I throttled back and let her down and did this twice before a leg fell off and ruined my night... The plastic all fell apart around the cracks. I was thinking of trying a flat piece of Ali over the top of the base cut out in a square U shape so I could screw through that and then the base. Has anyone tried that with any success? I'm starting to think me and FMS landing gear don't get on... I'm pretty handy and could probably make the cnc replacements at home here. It's sometimes a bit in the too hard basket getting stuff down here from the U.S.

Rod
      Yes, Stoopid Monkey was manufacturing that type of mod for the retracts and its okay, but the Small Parts CNC replacements are really the way to go. Do it and never have to worry again, you'll break the wing before you break the gear!

Grossman56
      Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by quitcherbitchen View Post
        I just upgraded my retracts from version 7 to the new slower bigger bracket style with Small parts CNC aluminum upgrades and put in a 6 second sequencer. Now my inner doors barely open. 45 degrees tops. They use to go 90 with the 3 second sequencer. Has anyone else experienced this?

I've installed CNC Small parts brackets in both my FMS Corsair and my FMS P51B DALLAS DARLING and have had no trouble and they both have 6 sec sequencers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post

Yes, Stoopid Monkey was manufacturing that type of mod for the retracts and its okay, but the Small Parts CNC replacements are really the way to go. Do it and never have to worry again, you'll break the wing before you break the gear!

Grossman56
          That's a very interesting and economical way of "DIY". I didn't realize such a thing existed. I just bought the whole thing way back when for my 1700 size.
          At Motion RC we carry the largest selection of electric and gas powered radio control (RC) planes, boats, buggies, cars, helicopters, tanks, trucks, and much more. We also offer a huge selection of lipo batteries, chargers, ESCs, gas engines, motors, radios, and servos. Shop our lowest prices with free shipping.

Comment

• I have them on my b mustang, work great. Though I haven't broken the stock ones on my d either, but a good investment imho. ;)

Comment

• Thanks again. Looks like they'll be on my shopping list soon. I've got the others cut out now so will give them a go in the interim. At least I'll be able to get her up if I feel inclined.

Comment

• Originally posted by KiwiRod View Post
                Thanks again. Looks like they'll be on my shopping list soon. I've got the others cut out now so will give them a go in the interim. At least I'll be able to get her up if I feel inclined.

Mate I got a stack of em shipped across from the USA thinking when they first became available they would also fit my 190 and zero, but they don't. They only fit the version 8, 6 sec retracts, they won't fit even in the 3 second ones. Point being, if you can't get em from cnc in the USA direct or freight is too expensive, pm me with your address and I'll find out cost to ship you a set from Perth. I'm in Bali at the moment, but will be back in oz from about Wednesday. (If it helps)
                :)

Comment

• Hey, now that's really good of you Shirty! They are definitely the way to go. I'm waiting to see if they will have them for the P40B as well. I have them on my B model as well.

Grossman56
                  Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                    Hey, now that's really good of you Shirty! They are definitely the way to go. I'm waiting to see if they will have them for the P40B as well. I have them on my B model as well.

Grossman56
                    Hello Gman,
                    Last year I was the first customer to use the CNC side plates made for the V3 Corsair 004 rotating retracts and also used on my FMS F6F and P-40E.
                    At Motion RC we carry the largest selection of electric and gas powered radio control (RC) planes, boats, buggies, cars, helicopters, tanks, trucks, and much more. We also offer a huge selection of lipo batteries, chargers, ESCs, gas engines, motors, radios, and servos. Shop our lowest prices with free shipping.

When FMS did the new P-40B they modified the 004 and changed the suffix to 006.

FMS removed the pivot barrel that the front gear door with the number on it was attached to and shortened the strut pin length because of the new oleo struts.
                    The actual motor and drive gear assembly and frame sides should be the same(the pics sure do look it).
                    Here's the CNC side plate link for the rotating retract.

Should these not work for the 006 retracts(really can't imagine that they won't) I will buy them off you for use on my 004 stuff.
                    So with that type of buy guarantee, just be the guinea pig for the rest of the P-40B pilots who want to mod that gear for better longevity performance.
                    Best regards,
                    Warbird Charlie
                    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Thanks Charlie! I'll check that out, They sure work on the P51's. I remember that, its was a 'by the way' kind of post that made everyone sit up and take notice. Thanks to you my retract purchases went way down. thanks Bud!

Grossman56
                      Team Gross!

Comment

• G'day Gman,
                        Shirty IS a good bloke. Some of those parts found their way to my mail box. By mistake no doubt:D
                        Seriously, Shirty is worth his weight in gold.
                        I have never had any problems with the FMS mechanism or the housings but it is really good to have back up if required.
                        Regards and respect
                        Daryl

Comment

• Daryl, uhuh, but remember, Dont Go Fishing with Shirty !.... I will be putting those sideplates on mine, weather is getting nice and hope that my back pay will be here soon so I will be having my RC Plane shopping spree. I need to take some time off from unpacking and organizing work on the first page and maybe even go fly something.... Shirty that was good on you brother, regardless what others say about you, your ok, even if you are on your head most the time, hope you had a good one in Bali brother... DJ
                          FMS: PT-17, Waco, B-25, P-40, P-47, J-3
                          DF: P-51D, Spitfire, geebee, Skyraider
                          Dynam: Grand Cruiser, A-10
                          J-pwr P-38, FZ Beaver + too many more

Comment

• G'day olwarbirds,
                            Shirty has no chance of getting me to go fishing even in his swimming pool:D
                            Fishing and I do not mix......lets list all the bad things about fishing.....
                            Sunburn, sea sickness, getting swamped by the 'rouge' wave, bobbing around in a cold merciless ocean waiting for shark to come along and put you out of your misery, leaving something to Shirty in your will[lol].......... I think you get my point:D:D
                            I like the mountains with all the hidden caves and old disused mine shafts:p;) My kinda hangout!!
                            olwarbirds, you really need to get something in the air my friend.
                            With Easter this weekend, I may even get to fly Saturday, Sunday and Monday. I do my usual Good Friday of respect.
                            We are heading into Autumn now and we had the first night, last night, where the temp was below 20*C since last September last year. But we will fly all winter here and the days are usually very calm and cold in the morning and about 18/20*C during the day. It can get down to -5*C at the field in the mornings and I have landed once with frost all over the canopy. Talk about scale realism in flight!!
                            I have eighty missions on the Duchess now and really need four more days to get her to the 100 along with her sister ships BBD and Shangri La. I am trying to get the 100 missions on DA without changing or replacing any parts just to prove the longevity of standard FMS parts. My DA actually came with a 580kv motor installed and so far I have not had to replace one single item. I am suss on the sequencer and it will be the first thing I get rid of after the century flight and the all the Mustangs will get the 650 dropped into them at this stage as might the two T-28s in my hanger. [Baby Johnathans room]
                            Regards and respect
                            Daryl

Comment

• Thanks for the offer Shirty, hope you had a good trip to Bali! I'll be in Melbourne next weekend so maybe you could drive down and drop them off, wouldn't be more than a twenty to thirty hour drive would it.....! I'll give you a shout (bro)

Comment

• Lol cheers boys. Back home now, but was doing it tough over there. ;)

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	animated-aeroplane-image-0147.gif
Views:	154
Size:	6.9 KB
ID:	35451 Big Beautiful Doll in the air!!

Grossman56
                                  Team Gross!

Comment

• See if it was a blue nose, you wouldn't get that severe wing rock. ;)

Comment

• Yeah, that's what I figured too, its the combination of black and white, the black squares remain very hot and the white ones repel the heat, causing thermals across the nose which travel down to the tail at the square of the velocity times 2 which results in a tail up tail down tendency to which you have to add a gyro or a little man to run back and forth within the fuselage to keep the aircraft balanced. Now, if you add in the wind factor the calculation changes to the cube of the velocity, which then necessitates that the little guy be changed out with a Shirty Newscast girl, minus the heels of course as that would result in damage to the foam, which we know is in danger of being extinct due to girls running up and down foam airplanes with heels on.
                                      I read that somewhere in one of K.....'s comments if I remember right.

Grossman56 Click image for larger version

Name:	animated-aeroplane-image-0073.gif
Views:	173
Size:	5.2 KB
ID:	35532
                                      Team Gross!

Comment

• As a good explanation as any... Rofl. 👍😂

Comment

• Yeah that sounds about right Lmao :D

Comment

Working...
                                          X