im with ya Adam. ;)

boobs. (I just had to say it). Lol
      Lol!! You're the man Shirty...
      Big time propeller head
      Love flying scale and 3D
      Currently building a GP SE5A

Comment

• G'day gang,
        I think we should remember one simple thing.....
        Different countries and cultures have different views, what shirty and other Aussies like me think is funny, often leave others scratching their heads wondering what us mad Aussies are laughing about.
        I have a very warped sense of humour and I have to kerb it a bit when I travel over seas.
        Now.....I can see a tee shirt with HS stang heads with a huge pair of boobs on the logo.
        Like I said HUMOUR......
        But the tee shirt is not a bad idea.
        Perhaps some one can design one and we HS followers can get it printed as part of a world wide club.
        Any takers?

PS, Shirty is a wicked man and I hope he never changes:D:D
        I am glad that he is no angel:angel::angel:

Comment

• I'd do a club t-shirt with a "Stang" logo to be part of the gang. However, I wouldn't wear one with a pair of boobs on it. Not in my nature to display such things. Call me old fashioned or square, but my mother, my grandmother (rest her soul), my wife, my daughter, and other women who respect and appreciate me would have a huge fit if wore that.

Seems like it would be an awesome looking t-shirt, but I personally couldn't do it.

Comment

• I could get away with wearing that, but I'd have to put it in my flight bag and change into it at the field...:D

Just now I looked down and saw the t -shirt I'm wearing right now...Its a silhouette of a girl in a short skirt with a stripper pole...and it says "Tiger would" referencing Tiger Woods... Guess I have an Aussie sense of humor...:p

And no. Miss Heidi won't let me wear this one out of the house either...

I like the "Stang Heads" idea...
            Big time propeller head
            Love flying scale and 3D

Comment

• G'day Sky Wolf,
              I rest my case on the humour bit. Personally, I would not wear anything that would insult women, I am not like that. My boobs comment was tongue in cheek.....I will have to set up an Aussie humour dictionary :D

If someone can come up with a design and post it so we can get them done locally it would be great. Only people who visit this thread would have access to the design.
              Eventually, that might mean thousands of shirts but in the meantime just a select few.
              And Starck Mad, you would go well down here my friend:D:D
              You do not have to be crazy but it helps:D

Hey Shirty, do you know any designers?????

Regards and respect
              Daryl

Comment

• Got a lot on my plate at the moment, leave it with me and I'll see what I can do. ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by wrongroad View Post
                  that would insult women
                  As you round a bend approaching San Diego, California, you are greeted with this sight:
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	images.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	8.2 KB
ID:	37378
                  I called them the "boobs of the Pacific Coast Highway". It was actually a government nuclear plant. I'm surprised these didn't make it onto a T-shirt and offended all sorts of people. You don't even have to use the word "boobs" to offend some people, both men and women. On the T-shirt, make it a cartoon and call it "cantaloupes".
                  And then there's the decal from the Flightline P-38 that says, "Strictly Sex". This adorned the real planes flown by guys who put their lives on the line for their country, the same country that now have entities that would censor such images from publication. Would this fly on the "other" forum? Anyone see the hypocrisy of it?
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Can't wait to see what it becomes of this t-shirt idea! It would be a shirt of distinguished and elite group of flyers in th HobbySquawk forum.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper2 View Post
                      As you round a bend approaching San Diego, California, you are greeted with this sight:
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]n37378[/ATTACH]
                      I called them the "boobs of the Pacific Coast Highway". It was actually a government nuclear plant. I'm surprised these didn't make it onto a T-shirt and offended all sorts of people. You don't even have to use the word "boobs" to offend some people, both men and women. On the T-shirt, make it a cartoon and call it "cantaloupes".
                      And then there's the decal from the Flightline P-38 that says, "Strictly Sex". This adorned the real planes flown by guys who put their lives on the line for their country, the same country that now have entities that would censor such images from publication. Would this fly on the "other" forum? Anyone see the hypocrisy of it?

Aww man, I thought that was the Dolly Parton Museum....

Comment

• Originally posted by Ryan@Motion/ryramZ View Post

Aww man, I thought that was the Dolly Parton Museum....
                        Not big enough. ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by wrongroad View Post
                          G'day Sky Wolf,
                          I rest my case on the humour bit. Personally, I would not wear anything that would insult women, I am not like that. My boobs comment was tongue in cheek.....I will have to set up an Aussie humour dictionary :D

If someone can come up with a design and post it so we can get them done locally it would be great. Only people who visit this thread would have access to the design.
                          Eventually, that might mean thousands of shirts but in the meantime just a select few.
                          And Starck Mad, you would go well down here my friend:D:D
                          You do not have to be crazy but it helps:D

Hey Shirty, do you know any designers?????

Regards and respect
                          Daryl
                          Daryl my friend...I don't know if I'm crazy, but I've been told I "ain't right" a few times...:)

I really like the t-shirt idea! G rated of course
                          Big time propeller head
                          Love flying scale and 3D

Comment

• G'day SM,
                            I know I am crazy, why else would a man stand in a cow paddock in 42*C heat and fly model airplanes?
                            Why would a man stand in minus five C to do the same, or drive three hundred kilometres in pouring rain just on the chance the weather will be OK at the field you are going to. Only to drive those three hundred kilometres back again without flying because the weather did not get any better. :@
                            Mate, if are not crazy, this hobby will make you crazy and you will love every waking moment of it.
                            Looking forward to getting some flying in here in the morning if it is not storming.
                            We are looking for rain at the moment but not tomorrow. I must say the forecast is 'iffy' at best and the thunderstorms have been around all night and most of the day.
                            However, all being good, the batteries that I am busy charging right now will all get used in the Duchess Arlene.
                            I hope every one has a good weekend.
                            Regards and respect
                            Daryl

Comment

• Same thing here Daryl, the sun is just coming up and its a bit breezy, waiting to see what will happen. Dang wind!! Batteries charged and planes at the ready, ten minutes to the field..............

Grossman56
                              Team Gross!

Comment

• It helps to be crazy before getting into this hobby. That's why my late life transition into it was quite "routine".

Comment

• Yeah fellas...its beautiful here right now...with 17 to 25 mph winds. :@ I feel ya Grossman! Looking like we may get lucky and have a chance to fly tomorrow really late...may get an hour or hour and a half if we are lucky.

I look at it this way guys...if we are "crazy" about airplanes and aviation...sure could be worse. I used to be crazy about liquor...12 years without it now and happy with my airplane addiction!!

Hope you lads get some flying in soon!

SM
                                  Big time propeller head
                                  Love flying scale and 3D

Comment

• G'day gang,
                                    Managed to get a great seven flights in today while dodging a couple of rain showers and then it cleared to a near perfect day.
                                    Right now it is about storm like mad but I do not really care [so long as there are no rocks in it] as I have my fix of flying for the day and I now have to wait until next Sunday for my next hit of pure flying pleasure.
                                    I have now 92 flights on Duchess Arlene with over a hundred on both the BBD and Shangri La.
                                    The Duchess has done all her flights as she came out of the box and has, as yet, not had any parts replaced or repaired and with exception of making some bronze phospherous bushes for the main wheels.
                                    My Duchess came with a 580 installed so she had an upgrade without having an upgrade as such.
                                    OK, the thunder is getting close so I am out of here for a while.
                                    Regards and respect
                                    Daryl

Comment

• Managed to get flight no 2 today with BBD. A stunning morning here with next to no wind. Had another fantastic flight and avoided the left hand torque roll on take off this time. Greased the landing again so all in all a happy Chappy. 2 flights with no broken bits is not a bad start. Also i feel like she may need a bit more oomph so will be looking at the zip tie mod to see how that helps. She definitely makes the C182 feel a bit sluggish though. Amazing how I've flown that for over 2 years and felt like it had plenty of go and now after 2 flights with the stang I just want more power!

Stang heads, stang heads, stang heads...

Comment

• G'day Rod,
                                        Are you using the 540 KV motor?
                                        If I had the option when I upgraded I would have gone straight to the 650kv and I personally think it is the better option than the zip tie modification.
                                        I now fly with 580's in all my Mustangs [the Duchess Arlene came fitted as such] and find it to suit my requirements but I will be going to 650s as soon as I can scrape some cash together to do so.
                                        In the mean time, I am having a ball on 3600 mAh batts and the 580.
                                        Regards and respect
                                        Daryl

Comment

• Hi guys, I did the same thing, put a 580 in my Big Beautiful Doll and an 85A Mantis ESC, got one flight in last season before the weather turned winter. Why, I ask myself, didn't they put this motor in it in the first place?
                                          Definitely adds more kick. I put a 650 in My version of Old Crow (Iron Ass convert) and an 85A ESC as well and took the stock 580 and esc from her and put it into my FMS P51B, so everyone got an upgrade.
                                          Speaking of the B model, has anyone noticed that the B, stock, is a little faster than the D stock?
                                          I noticed this last year, as well as she's a little more temperamental to land, seems to tip stall sooner.

Grossman56
                                          Team Gross!

Comment

Working...
                                          X