Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by possum View Post
    Hi,
    I am new to this. I have the FMS 1400 P51 and would like some advise on how to get a bit more speed out of it. It seems a bit sluggish to me.
    Thanks Possum.
    Xviper is right. I have all my Mustangs (2xFMS and 2xFreewing)running on the 650 kv with an 85A mantis ESC and they perform great I also did the zip tie mod on the prop which will give it a bit more pitch which helps as well. In case you don't know. you cut a zip tie and put the piece behind the prop blade at the front of the blade to increase the pitch when you tighten the blade back down on the spinner. You don't have to use a very thick zip tie, I used the thinnest ones I had laying around just to see and it worked out fine.

Grossman56
    Team Gross!

Comment

• I converted mine to 6s with the 550kv Olympus motor.

Stock speed - 67mph
      Current setup - 93mph

Much more like it!

Comment

• Way late to the party here, but I have a couple of the FMS V8 Mustangs both B & D versions. I'll have lots of reading to do before assembling mine. Glad I bought them while they were available. :Whew:

Comment

• Great airplanes! I have both as well and have been flying them for going on 4 years
          Click image for larger version

Name:	image_25735.jpg
Views:	442
Size:	283.6 KB
ID:	204984Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4302.JPG
Views:	375
Size:	157.0 KB
ID:	204985

Grossman56
          Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
            Great airplanes! I have both as well and have been flying them for going on 4 years
            Click image for larger version

Name:	image_25735.jpg
Views:	442
Size:	283.6 KB
ID:	204984Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4302.JPG
Views:	375
Size:	157.0 KB
ID:	204985

Grossman56
            I hope mine are still flying after 4 years. I have Snoops Sniper, Dallas Darling, & Big Beautiful Doll. Bought a couple spare props, spinners and retracts along with the aluminum spinner back plate. Should be good for a while I think/hope!

Comment

• Anyone having problems with lights on Freezing P-51 Old Crow Mustang? Can't make mine work either using the year sequencer or direct to receiver using Aux channel. Tried a second new lighting module, still no luck. Wired per I installation video from Motion RC. Need help

Comment

• Originally posted by Flyboy69bond View Post
                Anyone having problems with lights on Freezing P-51 Old Crow Mustang? Can't make mine work either using the year sequencer or direct to receiver using Aux channel. Tried a second new lighting module, still no luck. Wired per I installation video from Motion RC. Need help
                Did they ever work? Some of these LED lights don't work well if hooked up directly to a RX or to a servo tester. Too much juice. If you did that first, they may have burnt out right away. Also, if you hook them up with the wrong polarity, they can burn out without showing any light. Then, if you put them on a light module, they may already be burnt out.

Comment

• My BBD is also 4 years old and still flying really well. In this video, the plane was about a year old and had just gotten the higher kv motor transplant. It currently runs the 6 cell drivetrain from the P-47.

Comment

• Originally posted by handyman220 View Post

I hope mine are still flying after 4 years. I have Snoops Sniper, Dallas Darling, & Big Beautiful Doll. Bought a couple spare props, spinners and retracts along with the aluminum spinner back plate. Should be good for a while I think/hope!
                    Check into the aluminum retract sides from Smallparts CNC. They're awesome.

http://smallpartscnc.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=193

You'll break a wing before a retract side

Also, I replaced the aileron and elevator servos with metal geared servos.

My P-51B lawn darted earlier this season, but I rebuilt her and she's flying again. From this...

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4308.JPG Views:	0 Size:	137.7 KB ID:	205084

Back to this Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4371.JPG Views:	0 Size:	109.8 KB ID:	205085

Yep, it can be done!!

Grossman56
                    Team Gross!

Comment

• Followed all instructions to hook up. New plane. Did not try anything out of normal until no results. Wing lights and landing lights not working.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flyboy69bond View Post
                        Followed all instructions to hook up. New plane. Did not try anything out of normal until no results. Wing lights and landing lights not working.
                        The only thing I can think of is the polarity of the LED plugs. If those were inserted correctly (red wire to positive, other wire to neg.), then I can't see anything wrong unless the LEDs are duds but they can't ALL be duds. Do AIL, gear and flaps work like they're supposed to? One of those supplies power to the lights through that white box.

Comment

• Everything cycles correctly but lights. Got me stomped

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post

Check into the aluminum retract sides from Smallparts CNC. They're awesome.

http://smallpartscnc.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=193

You'll break a wing before a retract side

Also, I replaced the aileron and elevator servos with metal geared servos.

My P-51B lawn darted earlier this season, but I rebuilt her and she's flying again. From this...

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_4308.JPG Views:	0 Size:	137.7 KB ID:	205084

Back to this Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_4371.JPG Views:	0 Size:	109.8 KB ID:	205085

Yep, it can be done!!

Grossman56
                            Very nice repair job. Like to see the modelers that come out after a crash! I do have the CNC retract plates already, almost forgot about them.

Comment

• Anyone know of a source for the retract pins? I've sourced out Motion, FMS and Horizon, but none to be found.

Grossman56
                              Team Gross!

Comment

• RC Castle has these too, but for just the pins...…. I came up empty too. IDK if they are 4mm, but whatever the diameter, use some old nitro wire landing gear or music wire and cut your own with a Dremel and file the flat spots with the abrasive wheel.... Sorry Bro!! I tried!!

Comment

• A little P-51 action for you Dan!!

Comment

• Have Snoot's Sniper and the Red Tail still in the box!!

Comment

• Sorry wrong thread don’t know how to remove post🤪

Comment

• What did you post? There is nothing here on this end!! LOL

Comment

• I edited it out but couldn’t figure out how to delete the entire post.

Comment

Working...
                                          X