Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hear you, got back from Nefi and took the Tigercat out to the field after reinstalling the props. Went to taxi and she backed up in front of the guys:Silly:
    And wouldn't you know it, that was the one time I didn't take the tool box with me:wacky
    Fortunately, one of them had a screw driver, so it's not just the motor wires that can get mixed up..............

Grossman56
    Team Gross!

Comment

• G'day Grossman,
      You know as well as I, if it will, it will.
      I did something like that with my BBD after installing the 650 donk.
      Up went the throttle and backwards went the model.
      One wag then said, in all seriousness, 'at least it happened on the ground and not in the air!'
      I am still trying to figure out how I would have been able to take off.
      I had installed three 650's in three Mustangs and can you guess which one I thought that I had checked?
      I must have checked one of the models twice.
      Regards and respect
      Daryl

Comment

• I hear you Daryl!
        Imagine the nightmare when I changed out the motors in the Tigercat. This one's reversed, no this one, no it WAS this one, now which prop was that???:Silly::Silly::Silly:
        And, it actually went well!!
        I check the direction before mounting the motor so I know its the correct ..

Grossman56
        Team Gross!

Comment

• I have a question, this one or the freewing? It'll be a couple months before I pull the trigger on a P51.

Comment

• The FMS birds for sure!
            They are just amazing birds, I have both FMS and FW, and prefer the FMS

Grossman56
            Team Gross!

Comment

• Ah, sounds good to me! I think I might run with that!

Comment

• Going with Petie 2nd

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                  Going with Petie 2nd
                  This bloke knows what's best... ;)

lol, grats mate.

Comment

• Got that spinner on the Spitfire painted blue yet Shirty??LOL
                    Actually, I wouldn't put it past you, be unique to say the least!!

Grossman56
                    Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirty View Post

This bloke knows what's best... ;)

lol, grats mate.
                      Hell yeah, after looking through them all, this one had my vote. Right size for transport and hell I even like the color. :)

Comment

• Blue nosers rule lol. ;)

Comment

• When building the til section. Do folk glue the rudder and elevator. Or just use the screws ... thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Kitchenman View Post
                            When building the til section. Do folk glue the rudder and elevator. Or just use the screws ... thanks
                            screws work just fine
                            Warbird Charlie
                            HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Screws, but I did use foam filler in the gaps on BBD.

Grossman56
                              Team Gross!

Comment

• I glued mine, was a little too much movement for my liking.

Comment

• Thought I might throw a picture in of the "Warsaurus" in the Redtail.

Comment

• I'm new here, but I've got a problem. I was given the Petie2nd v8 as a gift for my graduation, and upon assembly and everything... the flaps don't work. The left flap 'tries' to do something but it just stutters a bit after first trying to minimally move towards a full retract position. No changes to it achieves anything so I suspect there's a problem with the motor. The right flap does nothing, and isn't getting any power at all, as I can easily move it when the plane is 'on'.

Comment

• Originally posted by Olasnah View Post
                                      I'm new here, but I've got a problem. I was given the Petie2nd v8 as a gift for my graduation, and upon assembly and everything... the flaps don't work. The left flap 'tries' to do something but it just stutters a bit after first trying to minimally move towards a full retract position. No changes to it achieves anything so I suspect there's a problem with the motor. The right flap does nothing, and isn't getting any power at all, as I can easily move it when the plane is 'on'.
                                      Try bypassing the multiconnector module. That may be the culprit. Otherwise yes the servos have failed. But I've seen on other planes where these multiconnectors have failed causing plenty of issues rather than the servos themselves. Just an idea to try as a trouble shooting pointer

Comment

• Anyone here had an issue with the rear landing gear? Mine has come loose it seems. Have not torn into it yet but the pivot pin is not inside the control horn or opening. The gear itself moves up and down 1/4 inch or more allowing it to slip out of the white control box. Before I take it out..any advice?

Comment

• picked up ferocious frankie V7 the other day from a friend that had never flown it ,,,just sat in his garage for few years...had to get the elevators to match as they were off from each other maidened it Thursday and found its the slowest plane in the air lol... 4258 on order 85 amp esc and 6s I hope will pick it up in speed...

does the v7 inner gear door stay open when the gear is down? mine does but I see the v8 doesent...

Comment

Working...
                                          X