Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corsair Connoisseurs, I have 'finally' assembled and glued the cockpit carriage and parts to the airframe. There is a bit-o-clean up, some additional small parts design and then it on to body work where I have totally dinged, dented, bent, and broken areas around the cockpit. And if you are still with me this far into this build, well, color me grateful. Best as always, LB
    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
      Corsair Connoisseurs, I have 'finally' assembled and glued the cockpit carriage and parts to the airframe. There is a bit-o-clean up, some additional small parts design and then it on to body work where I have totally dinged, dented, bent, and broken areas around the cockpit. And if you are still with me this far into this build, well, color me grateful. Best as always, LB
      Awesome work, LB!!👍👍👍

Comment

• Elbee sweet! Don't forget to do a quick video of the canopy operation after you get your pilot in. Not to give you any more headaches, but I assume you will be designing and printing a pilot with servo actuated head movement and salute!
        Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
        Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Doesn't one get a lifetime achievement award for doing stuff like that?! Bravo LB!
          Fly low, fly fast, turn left

Comment

• Absolutely outstanding LB!!

Comment

• davegee Hugh Wiedman nuts-n-volts boomer108

Gentlemen Please (don't) Stop.

It is a labor of love and respect, I suppose. Let me think about lifetime achievement, because this took a dog's lifetime to get just this far, or because I am writing this to you from the wild blue after-yonder?

In any event, thank you for the compliments. This took on a life of its own once I began and there is much yet to do.

I will send Aros another ewe-toob vid to post showing the slide carriage moving the canopy back and forth with the completed cockpit just for Hugh in case you missed the first one,

You all are great inspiration, truly. Best, Steve
              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Beautiful work Elbee,

Comment

• Elbee
                  Elbee commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks, Pappy. Much appreciated, Sir.

• STUNNING Elbee you old son of a gun!!
                My YouTube RC videos:
                https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Elbee
                  Elbee commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks, Bro.

• Lb your work is clearly outstanding. Wish i could c it in real... well done ,, but another thread within this thread ,, so to speak. How cool is this plane,, we no that, already.. but it never ceases to amaze me the amount of posts , on this thread.... if vought in the day,, had thought,, on a forum , nearly 80 years down the track ,, this bird, was so popular they would have been suitably impressed,, and they shou.d have.. some say y get a sore neck ,looking back.. i agree. But what an awsome flying platform ,, 4 the day

Comment

• f4u ausie , Thank you for the encouraging compliment. I agree with your overview of Vought. The airframe's popularity has much to do with its success in the South Pacific Theatre, that and it looks outstanding in flight. Best, LB
                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Hey Corsair Crowd, I have updated the Robart 3.5" wheel insert.. I created a void in the Inner Hub to allow for a wheel collar. Shoulda seen that coming, my bad. You can download the upadted STL files which are available in the "Official 3DP Printing Forum" here at the "Squawk". Best, Steve

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0869.JPG
Views:	1028
Size:	136.7 KB
ID:	335940
                    I would love to have these amazing wheels ,but my sons 3d printer crapped out

Comment

• Hello all
                      would someone who has the STL files for the Corsair cockpit be able to Email them to me please as when I go to page 2 they seem to have disappeared
                      regards
                      Mark
                      handley_m@sky.com

Comment

• Elbee
                        Elbee commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Hey Mark, I am uncertain whether those Flightline OEM Corsair Cockpit files can still be given out for free. You might send Aros a Private Massage and ask. If it is okay with MotionRC, then I will/can PM you the OEM STLs. I do not know what the status of 'free files' is going to be in the future with MotionRC with regard to posting STL files here at the Squawk or on the MRC Website. Best, Steve

• Just added some 500lb bombs.

Comment

• That looks nice, RodgerC.

Comment

• IMG_5958 (1).zip

Hey Corsair Crew, I have completed the cockpit (see pics) and the sliding canopy mod. The attached 'zip file' is an eye-fone vid that Tamms shot.. The quality is terrible but it does show the 'motion' of the canopy. Hope all is well with all of y'all. Best, Steve
                          Attached Files
                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

IMG_5958 (1).zip

Hey Corsair Crew, I have completed the cockpit (see pics) and the sliding canopy mod. The attached 'zip file' is an eye-fone vid that Tamms shot.. The quality is terrible but it does show the 'motion' of the canopy. Hope all is well with all of y'all. Best, Steve
                            Simply Amazing!!!!
                            Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                            Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Corsair Crew, Happy Pi Day or 3.1415926535897932384626433 to you, too, Buddy!

Though not entirely scale, I added some dress-up pieces to the Tail Wheel. area.

Yes, I thought about doing a Tailwheel Door mod for about an hour. It is a Pandora's Box much like the Canopy mod, but it is doable just not with many of the OEM parts. So maybe another time or airframe.

This mod looks decent to me and was both quick and easy to design

More when there is more. Best, LB
                              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Marvelous my friend!
                                My YouTube RC videos:
                                https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Hey Corsair Crazies,
                                  Added some mechanics to the cowl flaps, so now these are functional even without the wind Ya'all must know Hugh Wiedman knew I was going to do this all along. So here's to you Hugh and I'll do a quick vid later, so you don't think I CG-eed the pics. It is big-fun to watch as it resembles an angry iguana lizard when I use the servo tester. Anyway, more when there is more.

Best, Steve

~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Hey Corsair Crazies,
                                    Added some mechanics to the cowl flaps, so now these are functional even without the wind Ya'all must know Hugh Wiedman knew I was going to do this all along. So here's to you Hugh and I'll do a quick vid later, so you don't think I CG-eed the pics. It is big-fun to watch as it resembles an angry iguana lizard when I use the servo tester. Anyway, more when there is more.

Best, Steve

I just knew you'd have to do it, but still completely blown away! This has to be the "Top Mod of the Decade"!! Not only is this an Impossible Accomplishment, it's on probably the most distinguishing feature of one of the most iconic aircraft in history. Just beat out the BRRRT and Smoke on the A-10 we recently saw.
                                    Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

Working...
                                    X