Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using the full scale wingspan of a Mk.IX (442.9in) with a stated wingarea of 34848sq.in. gives you a mean chord of 78.68in

Published wingspan of the FLRC Spitfire 1200mm (47.25in.)
    If you scale that down to 1/9.4 scale that gives you a wingspan of 47.12in. and a mean chord of 8.37in. for a wing area of 394.36sq.in.
    If you scale it at 1/9.3 you get a wingspan of 47.62" with a mean chord of 8.46" for a wing area of 402.85sq.in

So, I'd say maybe, probably, almost but just barely if the model wing planform is exact scale without taking actual measurements..
    .......and, if my calculations are correct...

Comment

• Thx that helps a lot!!! Appreciate your help

Comment

• The EFlite 1200 is 416,9 so should be similar. https://www.horizonhobby.com/spitfir...basic--efl8650

Comment

• Hi, I'm looking to purchase the Spitfire. How did you get on with the Spektrum receiver (JustGoodBusiness) in SAFE and AS3X mode?

Comment

• photos of my weathered spitfire

Comment

• I'm trying to remove a main undercarriage leg. Is it necessary to open the motor mechanism to get at the grub/screw that's holding the leg ? The very small screws in the casing are proving very difficult to remove.

Comment

• Shouldn't have to. They are accessible from the retract sides.

Comment

• Evan, thanks for your reply, so I dug a little deeper into the side hole and found a grub screw(one each side) loosened by a 1.5mm allen key.
                  Thanks for the backup. Bill

Comment

• Cool

Comment

• Thought I'd send you a pic of the patient, now recovered from mild leg surgery.
                      Two years down the line, still a joy to fly.
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	spit1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	98.1 KB ID:	276469

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	0F18D2B3-C190-45E1-9FB5-BCA43EC90739.jpeg
Views:	901
Size:	18.4 KB
ID:	276475 Nice, here’s mine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	0F18D2B3-C190-45E1-9FB5-BCA43EC90739.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	18.4 KB ID:	276475 Nice, here’s mine.
                          Is that a folding prop you are using!?? If so what variety? And stock esc? I'd rather keep buying batteries than props! (It's hard to tell from the photo but it looks like the spit in the foreground has a folder)

Comment

• APC electric not a folder. I run the 1200 on 4, 5, and 6s! It also has FPV. That is my 1200 and 1600.

Comment

• Hi folks - hey Highland, ( Or indeed anyone else ) do you think you could post a picture of where that grub screw is? I am wondering if I am missing something or just being dense. Thanks !! :-)

EDIT:

Found them! Thanks.

Comment

• When you extend the gear the set screws are in one of these holes...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	645
Size:	531.3 KB
ID:	306921

Comment

• Thanks Evan, I had found them ( Having misinterpreted your first description) but I'm sure someone else will get it wrong like I did :-) Really appreciate your help.

Here's mine after a slightly sweaty maiden : she was VERY sluggish, I suspect a nose heavy situation ( as did a few more chaps at the club who were watching) I tip stalled her into the ground and the bend undercart and a tiny crease on one wing were the only damage after cartwheeling to a stop.

Name:	spit1.jpg
Views:	503
Size:	135.9 KB
ID:	306932

Name:	spot2.jpg
Views:	493
Size:	117.3 KB
ID:	306933

Name:	spit3.jpg
Views:	479
Size:	131.5 KB
ID:	306934
                                  Last edited by Stuondrums; Apr 2, 2021, 05:24 PM. Reason: edited for pictures

Comment

• It looks great with the invasion stripes!

Comment

• Hey All, I'm looking for some guidance on set up... Internal - receiver position, sound system and speaker position... Anyone got photos or sketches?

Comment

• Originally posted by Belly74 View Post
                                        Hey All, I'm looking for some guidance on set up... Internal - receiver position, sound system and speaker position... Anyone got photos or sketches?
                                        Hello Belly and welcome to the Squawk.
                                        This plane is likely not a candidate for a sound system due to it's size - just not enough room as well as the additional weight.
                                        Sound systems like the MrRC Sound are rather tight for space even in the 1400 size warbirds.
                                        Warbird Charlie
                                        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• I put a MR RC Sound in mine early on. The transducer was in a cutout in the block behind the main wing at the center of the fuselage and the board was at the rear of the battery area. I’ll see if I have any pics….

I made the cutout and added a ply floor. Worked well. Later on I got more into FPV and got the 1600 Spit so I removed the system from the 12 and put it in the 16, where it still is. And I put a FPV system in the 12...

. Click image for larger version  Name:	image-51e16a23.jpg Views:	0 Size:	55.8 KB ID:	314893Click image for larger version  Name:	image-e506614b.jpg Views:	0 Size:	52.5 KB ID:	314894Click image for larger version  Name:	image-169315bb.jpg Views:	0 Size:	72.3 KB ID:	314895

Comment

Working...
                                          X