Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes sir! I was looking at it and for the weight per size I'm sure that elevator will throw it around like a rag doll. Even the ailerons look massive

Comment

I do have a question on the as3x settings, for anyone who had the opportunity to look at the parameters. I know the systems are not the same, but I would like an idea on where I should start with my frsky s8r receiver. I would like to be close to the as3x program as I can be.

Comment

All AR636A, key here being the “A” at the end, receivers are preprogrammed and having ruined one already by trying to alter its parameters, I won’t even try to install one in the AS3X program anymore.
        Spektrum is also silent on the parameters they use. To try and build knowledge on how to program AS3X, I have installed AR636’s in some of my airplanes. One of them is my old PZ T-28.
        I have three flight mode’s set, 1 is off, 2 is middle of the road gain, and three would be the high end. I was not finished experimenting with this when winter set in. That said, anytime you see oscillation in flight, back off on the gain.

It turns out that most of these planes actually come with an extremely capable $80 Spektrum AR636A Sport receiver, and it can be reprogrammed using just a smartphone and a special programming cable…

Click image for larger version

Name:	1E15C2A8-A379-4912-A40F-3BC211DC9C4B.jpeg
Views:	865
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	115687Click image for larger version

Name:	43832C78-136E-4522-8029-FFC4508C241D.jpeg
Views:	892
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	115688Click image for larger version

Name:	7FABC450-E59E-4624-99C9-ED60A9FBC88D.jpeg
Views:	848
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	115689

Comment

It seems to me that most AS3X receivers have too much yaw gain from the factory.
          TiredIron Aviation
          Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Yeah I've seen that too from time to time as well. And thank you for the gain info, I will use it for a start point

Comment

I got those settings in

Comment

Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

Just the struts.
                Fitted a set of the P47 struts and refitted wheels as you have done, looks fantastic. Have you or anyone else had issues with the eflite retract units jamming and the shorting/smoking?
                after fitting the struts I was redoing the CG and the right unit stayed down and started smoking. I quickly disconnected the battery, removed the full retract. Attached photos of burn mark to wing(almost right thru to the top) and the hot spot on the retract position switch board.
                anyone have an alternate retract unit they have fitted?
                lucky this happened on the bench or else it would have been a burning Bird after take off!

Comment

Comment

Make sure the strut pin isn't going too deep in the trunion.
                    TiredIron Aviation

Comment

Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
                      Make sure the strut pin isn't going too deep in the trunion.
                      I will check on the left retract. After fitting the struts I cycled them 8 to 10 times without a problem.
                      once I get a replacement retract(out of stock from my Aussie supplier) I will make sure the strut pin is not too deep.
                      much appreciated for the info TiredIronGRB
                      thanks
                      Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Symes View Post

I will check on the left retract. After fitting the struts I cycled them 8 to 10 times without a problem.
                        once I get a replacement retract(out of stock from my Aussie supplier) I will make sure the strut pin is not too deep.
                        much appreciated for the info TiredIronGRB
                        thanks
                        Bob
                        Glad to help:Cool:
                        TiredIron Aviation

Comment

Looks like this plane is no more :( I can't find it on horizons website AAAAANNNNNGGGGGRRRRRIIIIIEEEEE!!!!:Angry:

Comment

Motion has them....

Comment

For now, but since horizon is the provider of this plane soon as it's gone, that's it :/

Comment

Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                                For now, but since horizon is the provider of this plane soon as it's gone, that's it :/
                                Not only the provider but the parent company of E-flite and Spekrum and 13 other brands. This bankruptcy thing could really not shake out well for the whole model industry.
                                Warbird Charlie
                                HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Do you mean the bankruptcy of Hobbico?

Comment

could be.........errrr maybe.........OF COURSE NOT (meant Yes). Thanx Steve for grabbing my ankles and pulling my head out of my butt about thinking they were going belly under.
                                    Maybe I just wanted to give XViper a break LOL :Loser:hat award today for me ;)
                                    Warbird Charlie
                                    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

No problem CB. The CZ T-28 is such a good plane I would be surprised they decided to discontinue it but even they may have to make room for new products.

Comment

I would love a cz P47. That would be a cool upgrade... or if they are feeling adventurous push a cz P38!!!
                                        Last edited by rifleman_btx; Feb 9, 2018, 02:37 PM. Reason: Removal of duplicate posts

Comment

Guess you didn't know that you can delete posts that are dups and it all the others that follow will be renumbered.;)
                                          Warbird Charlie

Comment

Working...
                                          X